Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a possiblity that aion will become number 1?

SpardaldkSpardaldk Member UncommonPosts: 7

What do u guys think honestly does this game meet ur standards in a mmo to achieve this goal? in my personal opinon this game is everything i have been looking for in a mmorpg... with stunning grapics , gameplay , flight system aswell as pvpve. I have been readin alot of posts relating to how people think Aion will be some typical korean grindin game which got me really annoyed cause they dont research enough before they post a reply.. 

I kno its kinda early to be sayin this now... but from what u hav seen  can i get some opinons thxs.

Comments

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

No.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

No, there is too much cultural bias for that to happen. Just look at the comments in the hype meter, too many uninformed people.

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Originally posted by Gameloading

No, there is too much cultural bias for that to happen. Just look at the comments in the hype meter, too many uninformed people.

When a game shouts GRIND FEST, you don't have to inform yourself farther.

• ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104

No.

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com

• aionownsaionowns Member Posts: 175
    Originally posted by Kilmar

Originally posted by Gameloading

When a game shouts GRIND FEST, you don't have to inform yourself farther.

when we talk about research we generally mean that people like u stereotype a game when in actuality devs said there moving away from so much grinding

• gom276gom276 Member Posts: 48

I think the problem is they see the graphics and think korean but the game is developed by NCSOFT not some korean to english port.  From my perspective if they can pull off everything they are aiming for then I think it can become a contender. 

Gom276
    Prolific MMO player
    Just can't say no to any mmo

• RavkeenRavkeen Member UncommonPosts: 310

No don't see it being number 1

Hi I'm Ravkeen! image

Emilia_Emi Lvl 56 Witch
    Now Playing : Black Desert Online
    "America is not at war, the US Military is at war, America is at the mall."

• WarddenWardden Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Slampig

No.
    Originally posted by Thaliost

No.

Lol you have got to love one word boost my post count replies huh, from what I have been reading I have begun to revamp my original negative opinion concerning Aion. Starting to look as if it may strike a delicate balance between grinding and questing. Graphicly it pleases the eye. The pvpve is if nothing else an interesting concept that if implimented correctly could make this a game to play but I would not harbor many hopes of a fast rise to number 1.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I don't have a negative opinion of Aion, but I don't think it will be number 1.

It will most likely be a niche game, how much of a niche game depends on quality at release and content.

I know they are trying to get away from grinding, but what has anyone heard of actual content?

I am obviously not an aion expert, but to me so far it seems like it will do ok, but I don't expect it to be a block buster.

D.

• jmmcglojmmcglo Member Posts: 203

At this point in time for Aion to be #1 on the hype meter, forget it. As it has been stated before, there are too many WAR, AoC, and WoW <3s (just to name a few) spamming Aion’s boards to the point of oblivion. However, this is not to say that Aion, upon release, may very well have a chance to become a big hit like GW did. To be totally honest though, which would you rather have… a #1 game on the charts that attracts immature degenerates’, or a game that is #1 to YOU because YOU know what it is and how it is? I, for one, pick the later. Although it would be nice to see Aion top the charts just so the arrogant crap-heads will eat their words 

We are recruiting... Want to learn more? Click here.

• xluciferxxluciferx Member Posts: 162

I doubt it? another korean/asian grind game? just what we need...

Originally posted by xluciferx

I doubt it? another korean/asian grind game? just what we need...

Case in point... within seconds after my previous post. This crrops up from the black-lagoon. lol very nice 

Originally posted by jmmcglo
    At this point in time for Aion to be #1 on the hype meter, forget it. As it has been stated before, there are too many WAR, AoC, and WoW <3s (just to name a few) spamming Aion’s boards to the point of oblivion. However, this is not to say that Aion, upon release, may very well have a chance to become a big hit like GW did. To be totally honest though, which would you rather have… a #1 game on the charts that attracts immature degenerates’, or a game that is #1 to YOU because YOU know what it is and how it is? I, for one, pick the later. Although it would be nice to see Aion top the charts just so the arrogant crap-heads will eat their words 

What you fail to understand here, as many do, is that you are blinded by your desire for the game to succeed, just like the fanboi's of any game.

While I think Aion will do pretty well for itself, I make my judgements not based off of which game I personally like, but off of the gaming trends that I have seen over the many many years I have been following games and playing them.

While I am no paid professional, and do not claim to know everything about everything, I state my opinion, which I consider educated at least.

When GW came out, everyone KNEW it would blow the socks off of stuff that was out there. For one, the world wide preview events showed everyone how solid the game really was, and two, it was the first F2P game I can recall that wasn't crap, i.e. it was meant to be F2P and didn't happen as an accident because no one would pay for it.

I am not seeing that kind of interest in Aion. There is a lot of interest, but not the mass amounts that GW or WoW got in their day.

Does that make me a "craphead?"

D.

Originally posted by daelnor

Originally posted by jmmcglo

What you fail to understand here, as many do, is that you are blinded by your desire for the game to succeed, just like the fanboi's of any game.

While I think Aion will do pretty well for itself, I make my judgements not based off of which game I personally like, but off of the gaming trends that I have seen over the many many years I have been following games and playing them.

While I am no paid professional, and do not claim to know everything about everything, I state my opinion, which I consider educated at least.

When GW came out, everyone KNEW it would blow the socks off of stuff that was out there. For one, the world wide preview events showed everyone how solid the game really was, and two, it was the first F2P game I can recall that wasn't crap, i.e. it was meant to be F2P and didn't happen as an accident because no one would pay for it.

I am not seeing that kind of interest in Aion. There is a lot of interest, but not the mass amounts that GW or WoW got in their day.

Does that make me a "craphead?"

D.

Nope.. not at all.. what you state is very true about GW. However... take note... GW was highly advertised (at least in my neck of the woods). There was a lot of information released for the masses before it was released. That information sparks interest.. interest turns to curiosity... curiosity leads.. well you get the point. Right now... the overall quantity (not to be confused with quality) of information EASILY accessable for Aion is sparse... most people are lazy and don't want to dig a little. I have been following Aion ever since E3 '06 and I am aware of the various channels for obtaining Aion info... but many are fresh to the scene and are unaware of such channels.

I also think you have missplaced the message of my original reply. I will restate a key statement again right here from that previous post. "At this point in time for Aion to be #1 on the hype meter, forget it." Key in that statement being "hype meter". At this point in time there is much much more information out there about AoC and WAR than just about any other upcoming mmo. So, everyone's attention is focused on them. As is the way it should be by simple way of human nature. AoC and WAR are both very promising games and I have no doubt will do very well. Will I play them... I doubt it. They just don't interest me. I'm more into high fantasy mmos. Which is why I like Aion so much.

So,as for your statement of me being blinded... nope.. think not. I can personally care less if Aion tops the charts after release. I'm still going to play the game. I just want NCsoft to succeed at developing a quality game I can actually love playing. My opinion is based off of how I feel and how the game affects me... noone else. You speek of trends... and the trend of Aion's hype is that fanbois spam the meter and bring the hype down... simple. Anyone who has watched the Aion boards and hype meter will say they have noticed the same.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I think it could very well become number one...the reason being that it caters for the Asian market and appeals to many Western players too. I can't wait for release!

• SynhellSynhell Member Posts: 67

Aion will be a grindfest, not as much as lineage 2 but still. And I hope it is, will keep the retards at bay and into War or some crap. Truth is Aion cannot be 1 at least not in america. Let's face it it's just a more advanced L2. From what I've read there will be less features then other upcomig games. And Americans like those extra stupid features. For example SWG, they had like dancing and some other dumb crap... Kinda lame. Anyway no one can contradict these simple facts:

Aion will not be number 1.

Aion has less features.

Aion will have less subs.

BUT AION WILL PAWN ALL IN GRAPHICS.

And so I'm playing it upon release.

As far as the hypemeter on this site...it doesn't mean anything, and even if it did, its sampling a very, very, very, very small slice of the pie...which means it doesn't mean anything, heh.

Will Aion have good graphics? Yes. Outside of that, will it be any good? Who knows.

The other poster saying americans want stupid options is correct. I like my character customization, etc. Asian games typically don't have it. L2 had like, 1 skin and 3 hairstyles or some crap.

If the customization and all is typical asian..then no, aion won't do all that well(it won't do bad, but not blockbuster sales.)

If its typical asian content, i.e. no real quests, grinding for levels, etc, then no, it won't be very popular. and nc soft...well...they're not all that great to begin with.

It will DEFINITELY be pretty though. It's got that goin for it.

Honestly, I hope it does really well, it would be nice to have some different games out there that didn't suck.

D.

• GanjamosGanjamos Member Posts: 80

you cant really say it will not or it will ! lets wait and see.

• TierTier Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Thaliost

No.

Actually beer is more man made, i dont think its a gift from god

• davidoffbeatdavidoffbeat Member Posts: 13

I think it has a chance, as long as it doesn't get flooded with korean farmers and botters...

• SmackrSmackr Member Posts: 56

For many Aion will be nr.1 and for others it will not I got a high hype on Aion but I don't think this will be my nr.1 but I'm surely gonna try it when it comes out.

• xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by Synhell

Aion will be a grindfest, not as much as lineage 2 but still. And I hope it is, will keep the retards at bay and into War or some crap. Truth is Aion cannot be 1 at least not in america. Let's face it it's just a more advanced L2. From what I've read there will be less features then other upcomig games. And Americans like those extra stupid features. For example SWG, they had like dancing and some other dumb crap... Kinda lame. Anyway no one can contradict these simple facts:
    Aion will not be number 1.
    Aion has less features.
    Aion will have less subs.
    BUT AION WILL PAWN ALL IN GRAPHICS.
    And so I'm playing it upon release.

Would you mind telling me how I am going to die, also the date and time would be nice aswell. Kthx.

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• CaladonCaladon Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by daelnor

As far as the hypemeter on this site...it doesn't mean anything, and even if it did, its sampling a very, very, very, very small slice of the pie...which means it doesn't mean anything, heh.
    Will Aion have good graphics? Yes. Outside of that, will it be any good? Who knows.
    The other poster saying americans want stupid options is correct. I like my character customization, etc. Asian games typically don't have it. L2 had like, 1 skin and 3 hairstyles or some crap.
    If the customization and all is typical asian..then no, aion won't do all that well(it won't do bad, but not blockbuster sales.)
    If its typical asian content, i.e. no real quests, grinding for levels, etc, then no, it won't be very popular. and nc soft...well...they're not all that great to begin with.
    It will DEFINITELY be pretty though. It's got that goin for it.
    Honestly, I hope it does really well, it would be nice to have some different games out there that didn't suck.
    D.
    The thing is that modern Asian MMO's generally are very competitive in those areas. You will, in this/next generation of games, find very good character customization (face-molding and the likes), you will also find a much greater focus on quests and alternate ways of progressing.

So if those are your concerns, lets just say that Aion probably isnt aiming at doing worse than the competition! :)

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

This game has a snowball's chance in Hell of being number one in non-Asian countries. It has a chance of surpassing non-Asian MMORPGs in worldwide subscriptions, though.

It seems so many people are curious about Aion surpassing WAR, or AoC, or WoW, or whatever. Why? If you like the game, play it, do not stroke your fanboi ego predicting that Aion will crush everything, particularly when such a phenomenon has no predicate.

Furthermore, people hyping this game so much and saying it has everything they want, how do you know? There is a very minimal amount of available information that details exactly what this game is about and what this looks like. There are pretty trailers, and short descriptions, but what is inspiring such faith?

It just seems very foolish to be such a rabid fan based off the scant information available. I think a lot of it is simply the appeal of pretty graphics and flying, which are both novelties that will wear off unless this game breaks the Asian cycle of grinding and shallowness.

Maybe Aion will be a great game, maybe not, but as difficult as it is before release to say so, it is even harder to do so when the company is so tightlipped.

• PeikoPeiko Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Synhell

A few months from now, playing Aion, suffocating in your own shit
    Actually more likely from food and sleep deprivation from grinding.  And on ur gravestone it will say "No respawn =*(" thats just how cool u are.

^^