Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Demon look

aionownsaionowns Member Posts: 175

so i thought id ask the question that might be on a lot of peoples minds. what do the demons actually look like? Will they look Bada$$ with wings or not? thought i get some opinions from the loyal fans of aion.

i for 1 hope the demons look good with their wings and flight animations cause id rather play a demon then an angel. in the scheme of good vs evil id rather be on evils side lol

Comments

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

Well first of all there are no demons or angels in the game.

Both the asmodians and elyos share the same origin, they just split up during a war and the elyos lives in the upper part of the world and the asmodians at the bottom.

and no one has said that the asmodians are evil...

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• PeikoPeiko Member Posts: 21

The asmodians were cast to the darker regions of the world when the planet was split.  Just cause the live in darkness and resent their counter parts doesnt mean they are evil.  Its a matter of class that seperates them not who is good or bad.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

but thats what happens in real life religion especialy in the bible where some of the angels were casted out into hell and they are called the fallen angels.  So I think its pretty much based on that.  But I am not saying they will be pure evil or anything.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by sketchy_

......they just split up during a war and the elyos lives in the upper part of the world and the asmodians at the bottom.

I've been corrected on this before so I'll pass it around, ^_^ It's actually the Asmodians who live on top and the Elyos who live on the bottom. The world is like an apple core and the creatures and races live inside it, not outside as we're used to. So the Asmodians are under an umbrella and are in shadow from the sun, while the Elyos live in a bowl that get most of the light.

And there are no evil or good anything in the game, it's all subjective. ^_^

The story here is enterily fictional and is not based on any particular pantheon or mythos, they are creating their own. Of course some of the words will look familiar to certain cultures but it is not meant represent anything that we know in RL.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• aionownsaionowns Member Posts: 175

my mistake i did a lot of research on the official NCsoft page and i just remember it saying something about angels and demons 

Cynthe ... yeah my bad, double checked it now. 

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• mmonkeymmonkey Member Posts: 171

uuummm... I just found something that makes think that their ARE angels and demons in Aion. At least that's how the playable races were referred to in this interview:

It's from the September interview on this page of compiled interviews.

I know they are officially called Elyos and Asmodian, but this referrence to angels and demons leads me to believe that the devs actually consider the races to be good/evil.

Here's a quote from the Q&A:

Q. Tell us about the 3rd race - the Dragons.
    A. The dragons are not a playable race. They are a third force that acts as a balance between Angels and Demons. Players will mostly see them in the ‘Abyss’ which is also where most of the RvR will take place.

An example of their capabilities is say, during a castle siege. If the Demons are attacking a Angels-controlled castle, the Dragons may decide to get in the way by attacking the Demons from behind and sometimes the Dragons themselves may take the castle. So they really aren’t a basic NPC race. They are a true 3rd faction with their own motives.
  • CaladonCaladon Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by mmonkey

uuummm... I just found something that makes think that their ARE angels and demons in Aion. At least that's how the playable races were referred to in this interview:
    It's from the September interview on this page of compiled interviews.

I know they are officially called Elyos and Asmodian, but this referrence to angels and demons leads me to believe that the devs actually consider the races to be good/evil.
    Here's a quote from the Q&A:

Q.
    Tell us about the 3rd race - the Dragons.

A.
    The dragons are not a playable race. They are a third force that acts as a balance between Angels and Demons. Players will mostly see them in the ‘Abyss’ which is also where most of the RvR will take place.

An example of their capabilities is say, during a castle siege. If the Demons are attacking a Angels-controlled castle, the Dragons may decide to get in the way by attacking the Demons from behind and sometimes the Dragons themselves may take the castle. So they really aren’t a basic NPC race. They are a true 3rd faction with their own motives.

its just a translation (very old, at that) from korean, in which the translator used the words she thought were appropriate. Fact remains that official representatives have confirmed that there are no "angels", and no "demons". None of the sides are evil or good per se. 

The "dragons" are probably not dragons, but more dragon-like, draconic. Thats what im guessing.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Both the asmodians and elyos share the same origin, they just split up during a war and the elyos lives in the upper part of the world and the asmodians at the bottom.

Well, if you pay attention a lil bit...asmodeus was a fallen angel in christianity. And what did fallen angels become....demons.

It's just a play on old testament, so really, it pretty much is angels and demons...just my two cents though.

D.

Originally posted by daelnor

Well, if you pay attention a lil bit...asmodeus was a fallen angel in christianity. And what did fallen angels become....demons.

It's just a play on old testament, so really, it pretty much is angels and demons...just my two cents though.

D.

And how much does Warhammer have to do with war hammers? :)

They said theres no good and evil. Both devs and community people. Everything is subjective from each races point of view.

Its really a fact and doesnt require any speculation. ;)

• PeikoPeiko Member Posts: 21

Yeah but if no one speculated 90% of these forums would be dead.

Speculating is not bad as long as its not about something that has been explicitly confirmed.

While the following speculation is good:

Person A: "Hmm, I wonder if there will be an xbox price cut soon."

Person B: "Indeed. It would make sense. Maybe."

Person A: "Maybe next year."

... the following is futile:

Person A: "Hmm, I wonder if the earth is shaped as a sphere."

Person B: "Yes it is. I even have scientific evidence."

Person A: "Hmm... Im not sure... I think it would be cooler if it was flat."

Person B: "... What? ..."

Person A: "Im just saying... look at this. Some mesopotamian guy said its flat. Youre obviously wrong."

Person B: "Look here. This is a picture of earth. It's taken by NASA. Satellites, in space. Where have you been?"

Person A: "I see our opinions differ. Agree to disagree."

For more reading, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society

• bailey33bailey33 Member Posts: 3

if you guys think about we not gunna know anything in this game until its realeased or muore information is brought out so there no point in argueing

• DeatrixDeatrix Member Posts: 47

There is plenty of Info out about the game, it just requires some digging around. The Asmodians are not "demons" in the traditional sense, nor are there counterparts "angels". the Asomdians are just described (so far) as being demonic in features,, (more evil badass looking) and hte Elyos are more angelic looking (more you know... goodish)  while neither are directly good/bad (evil/lessevil). They just have conflicting poiunts of view, and the Baalur (npc faction) are just draconic-ish. 

I really think the devs are trying to make a unique fantasy world here, and so far it looks like they are doing a good job. getting away from the "beat-to-death" elves/dwarves/humans/(insert other typical fantasy creature here) formula that so many games (good and bad, console/pc/ what ever) have used for so long. Its almost refreshing.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Originally posted by Caladon

Speculating is not bad as long as its not about something that has been explicitly confirmed.
    While the following speculation is good:
    Person A: "Hmm, I wonder if there will be an xbox price cut soon."

Person B: "Indeed. It would make sense. Maybe."
    Person A: "Maybe next year."
    ... the following is futile:
    Person A: "Hmm, I wonder if the earth is shaped as a sphere."
    Person B: "Yes it is. I even have scientific evidence."
    Person A: "Hmm... Im not sure... I think it would be cooler if it was flat."
    Person B: "... What? ..."
    Person A: "Im just saying... look at this. Some mesopotamian guy said its flat. Youre obviously wrong."
    Person B: "Look here. This is a picture of earth. It's taken by NASA. Satellites, in space. Where have you been?"
    Person A: "I see our opinions differ. Agree to disagree."
    For more reading, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_Society

Interesting post.  I could swear millions of people were scared to sail too close to the edge of the world so that they wouldn't fall off.  I think I've even seen a cartoon drawing of such things. not to mention all those sea monsters and stuff on the way.  I'm still not sure if I'm with this Person B, but I like where your heads at.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

its said that elyos (angels) and asmodians (demons) both originated from the same race so they look similar

think of it as elves and dark elves

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

But don't think they are dark elves... It's just an example 

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Angels look way to "Hi am Brad from MTV's The Real World tv show"-ish.

Hopefully Demons won't be as annoying to look at. I have yet to see anything that does not look like a Ken doll/Barbie doll character in this game and that is sad IMHO.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• NewMonsterNewMonster Member Posts: 417

I was not planning to login.... but it just made me to login and post.

As I scan some posts.... and blah blah.... just want to say that... ummm... i cant make sentences..... ummm.. you see... they are demons and angels in this game but in different names and specie or race. its just like 2 battle tanks...... some will say it is not a viehcle! it is a tank!

or 2 oranges.... some people will say it is not oranges! it is tangerine! some people just want to be specific.

but saying it angels and demons is fine by me. yes we all know that it is not really called demon and angle in this game but duhhh... blah blah

forgive my grammar

Why call them something else? It's been said everywhere that they are devine beings that split up into two fractions.

It's like calling orcs goblins instead because they are almost the same.

• mmonkeymmonkey Member Posts: 171

Originally posted by NewMonster

As I scan some posts.... and blah blah.... just want to say that... ummm... i cant make sentences..... ummm.. you see... they are demons and angels in this game but in different names and specie or race. its just like 2 battle tanks...... some will say it is not a viehcle! it is a tank!
    or 2 oranges.... some people will say it is not oranges! it is tangerine! some people just want to be specific.
    but saying it angels and demons is fine by me. yes we all know that it is not really called demon and angle in this game but duhhh... blah blah
    forgive my grammar
    Frankly, there's not much else to talk about right now. Most of us here are interested in Aion, but the flood gates are pretty tightly closed. sooooooo, yah.

If anything, it's a semantic exercise to keep from going insane. Our collective opinions may result in better insight into the relationship between Elyos and Asmodians. Angel and Demon references lead me to believe that the relationship is a black and white, good and evil situation. Those could have been casually chosen words without any implied meaning though.

But whatever. There's nothing to talk about, and most of us reaallyy wanna talk about Aion.

• DeatrixDeatrix Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by mmonkey

Originally posted by NewMonster

forgive my grammar
    Frankly, there's not much else to talk about right now. Most of us here are interested in Aion, but the flood gates are pretty tightly closed. sooooooo, yah.

If anything, it's a semantic exercise to keep from going insane. Our collective opinions may result in better insight into the relationship between Elyos and Asmodians. Angel and Demon references lead me to believe that the relationship is a black and white, good and evil situation. Those could have been casually chosen words without any implied meaning though.

But whatever. There's nothing to talk about, and most of us reaallyy wanna talk about Aion.

And it is not black and white, good and evil, its more like the protestants and the catholics go to war than it is good vs. evil. the only reason the asmodians "resemble" demons is because they come from the dark split of the world, and look at any nocturnal creature in RL, they all look relativly screwy.