Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

I think ghosts might exist, but those videos seem cheesy to me. It seems any of that could easily be staged by someone off camera or with strings. I remember Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi channel caught a chair moving by itself on tape. Most people seem to think that Sci-Fi set it up though to make the show interesting because they never find anything.

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

Originally posted by -Jaguar-

I think ghosts might exist, but those videos seem cheesy to me. It seems any of that could easily be staged by someone off camera or with strings. I remember Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi channel caught a chair moving by itself on tape. Most people seem to think that Sci-Fi set it up though to make the show interesting because they never find anything.

Yeah. Personally, I believe in ghosts and demons. I also believe in angels (not the stereotypical winged female versions). I was actually looking at a lot of pictures and videos like this yesterday. I find it all very fascinating since nothing like this has happened to me. I've heard of strange occurrences among my family members and even one occurrence that involved my older brother sleeping below me on a bunkbed one night. But I've never personally experienced anything that I would say was supernatural to this degree.

The videos are pretty amazing, but I think I read yesterday that the poltergeist one with the lights flashing on and off and things being thrown around was a fake. The little dark silhouette of a child described as a 'demon child' would probably fit into the category of shadow people. The 70's video with the bleeding Jesus picture also seems to be a fake because the picture in the video suddenly changes position (not as if moved but as if someone stopped filming and moved it accidentally and then started filming again) a little bit and then starts bleeding.

I had read that the 'demon child' in the mirror was actually supposed to be the little girl's twin that had died some time ago and would appear to her in the mirror. At any rate, good videos. I just wish that so many weren't faked. I tend to be skeptical of videos submitted that seem to be filmed of absolutely nothing and with no point to the videos other than to film a ghost or spirit of some sort. So when I see people filming mundane scenery such as a wall and they "just happen" to see a spirit, I tend to be very skeptical of it. Who the heck films mundane scenery as they're driving down the road?

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210

All of the clips in that film could have been faked. One or two were clever, however that really doesn't mean to say they were real. The one from the 1970's was laughable.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Whole load of fake if you ask me.

there are tons of video's and pictures like this, but I have never seen real evidence that prove the existance of these.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

I've had a few 'encounters'

though my most amusing one takes place over a week.

night one I'm walking home.

night two I'm walking home I decide to stop moving and a shadow that I mistaked for my own the night before keeps walking on, my real shadow is on the opposite side of me, so right now my hair is starting to stand up and I'm frozen stiff.  I then get the brillent idea  to shine a flash light at it the beam kinda goes through it then is returns to a normal brightness on the other side of it, and I end up running home.

then a few days later I got woken up by my arm getting bumped by my door(my bed is right next to it along the wall, my arm was hanging over it) and wake up to the shadow entering my room.  I flip the light switch then go downstairs to sleep on the couch letting the dogs out of their crates.  This one could possibly be night terrors though i've never gotten them before and was 16 at the time.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

These are always fun to look at, I like fantasy stuff.

Some of these are quite clever, others not so much.  However, being clever doesn't make it real.  That requires tests in a controlled enviroment.

I like this one, www.youtube.com/watch

Partly because it is in spanish.

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Whole load of fake if you ask me.

Agreed. Those were all pretty pathetic.

• KnivesOnlyKnivesOnly Member Posts: 401

Ghosts don't exist and people want to believe they do because alot of people like the idea of some sort of life after death. Truth is that strange shit happens sometimes you can't easily explain but then again theres sooo much more stranger things than a object moving or seeing some lights in the sky. For example Life and evolution can produce some strange magical things and the universe is strange we can't explain most things yet because soo much is unknown.

However them videos are obviously edited and staged and personally why would you want to believe in these things when the science behind what caused phenomenons is much more fascinating.

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920

Originally posted by KnivesOnly

Ghosts don't exist and people want to believe they do because alot of people like the idea of some sort of life after death. Truth is that strange shit happens sometimes you can't easily explain but then again theres sooo much more stranger things than a object moving or seeing some lights in the sky. For example Life and evolution can produce some strange magical things and the universe is strange we can't explain most things yet because soo much is unknown.
    However them videos are obviously edited and staged and personally why would you want to believe in these things when the science behind what caused phenomenons is much more fascinating.
    How can you say ghosts don't exist?  Especially when people don't even really know what "ghosts" are.  There have been plenty of prominent physicists who have come forward without even flinching and saying that there could quite possibly be other sentient beings or whatever around us in higher dimensions that we couldn't even perceive.  Those could be ghosts.  Ghosts don't necessarily have to be someone who has died.  But even then, how do you know what happens when we die?  Who really does?

Personally, I think there could very well be something more to this whole ghost thing.  When you consider the number of higher dimensions around us and what they could hold, it's sort of hard to make a definitive statement.

===============================

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

I dont know about thoes videos, most look fake..

But for people who dont believe in ghosts or life after death then this is a pretty lame life to live.

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

A good place to go full of skeptics and posted videos is one of my favorite stomping grounds...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

Not a fan of videos that can and are very easily faked nowadays with a few parlor tricks and some nerd sitting down in his basement with some CGI programs.

I've seen some pretty weird shit in my time, but nothing that indicates ghosts.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• KnivesOnlyKnivesOnly Member Posts: 401

Originally posted by gnomexxx

Originally posted by KnivesOnly

How can you say ghosts don't exist?  Especially when people don't even really know what "ghosts" are.  There have been plenty of prominent physicists who have come forward without even flinching and saying that there could quite possibly be other sentient beings or whatever around us in higher dimensions that we couldn't even perceive.  Those could be ghosts.  Ghosts don't necessarily have to be someone who has died.  But even then, how do you know what happens when we die?  Who really does?

Personally, I think there could very well be something more to this whole ghost thing.  When you consider the number of higher dimensions around us and what they could hold, it's sort of hard to make a definitive statement.

I'm talking about Ghosts as is spirits of dead people

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

ghosts of dead people now that's a funny thought.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Rikimaru is to blame for some of that stuff. I like to throw objects around and spook people.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• LouiseKLouiseK Member Posts: 258

The big giveaway about those clips is that they all prompt you to ask the question "why the hell would someone have their camara filming at that?" They obviously must have been expecting something... the "ghost".

I don't believe in anything questionable that people have seen unless i have seen it for myself. So as it stands, i do not believe in ghosts, goblins, witches, angels, etc exist in the visible sense. I acknowledge there may be forces we cannot see or comprehend.

• KeeperofKebKeeperofKeb Member Posts: 47

one of my friends went on a missions trip to africa, and in the village they went to the the witchdoctors who happen to be voodoo doctors they stay'd away from the missionaries cause they said they could see giant men that shown with great light around the missionaries. my friend said that the witch doctors did not walk on the ground but walked exactly 3inches off the ground. there is one case of one of the highest priests in the voodoo religion being converted to christianity and he gives his experiences with demonic powers, there's a book with his interview in it, but he explains that demons don't see humans as valuable life, but a tool or "apparatus" which they called to contact this world and some of the ways they do this is by invoking fear, don't ask me why i can't tell ya, but obviously if they could do something they would but i think on some level the human has to be willing or decieved. anyways, he talks about their heirarchy and how they're structured, he had  a demon lord who was over him and had him doing things constantly  for him and in return the demon lord would do things for him, the witchdoctor was able to summon demons and make them manifest almost at any given moment in time, he was able also to cast spells and cause things to happen to people through magic. anyways, this is too much of a common occurence to say its not real, although we may not understand it, we know its there and it exists, we know there's a struggle with good vs. evil here and in the spiritual realm if you believe in that, which i do. anyways just thought i'd give some thoughts on the subjects i've had some demons try to manifest and make themselves known to me but i just tell them to go and they go, they don't like me cause i have power over them, given by christ, the authority of the believer.

keeperofkeb

• epoxxepoxx Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by KeeperofKeb

one of my friends went on a missions trip to africa, and in the village they went to the the witchdoctors who happen to be voodoo doctors they stay'd away from the missionaries cause they said they could see giant men that shown with great light around the missionaries. my friend said that the witch doctors did not walk on the ground but walked exactly 3inches off the ground. there is one case of one of the highest priests in the voodoo religion being converted to christianity and he gives his experiences with demonic powers, there's a book with his interview in it, but he explains that demons don't see humans as valuable life, but a tool or "apparatus" which they called to contact this world and some of the ways they do this is by invoking fear, don't ask me why i can't tell ya, but obviously if they could do something they would but i think on some level the human has to be willing or decieved. anyways, he talks about their heirarchy and how they're structured, he had  a demon lord who was over him and had him doing things constantly  for him and in return the demon lord would do things for him, the witchdoctor was able to summon demons and make them manifest almost at any given moment in time, he was able also to cast spells and cause things to happen to people through magic. anyways, this is too much of a common occurence to say its not real, although we may not understand it, we know its there and it exists, we know there's a struggle with good vs. evil here and in the spiritual realm if you believe in that, which i do. anyways just thought i'd give some thoughts on the subjects i've had some demons try to manifest and make themselves known to me but i just tell them to go and they go, they don't like me cause i have power over them, given by christ, the authority of the believer.

keeperofkeb

what?