Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Till nov 4th / Soe Thugs

ReanimReanim Member Posts: 103

Just wanted to share my recent SOE EQ2 story. I recieve the post card in the mail. I think cool... Will try my old necro and see whats changed. I download and try and log in. Account in active. Hmmmm. Pull down all my old station names and start trying them. I find an old alt/trial account I used and its active. Hmmm Must be mistake. And so my story starts.

1.) Contact support via email explaining that its the wrong account. get an email back asking for my account station name. Well the name was in the email and the one used to log the email request. Follow up... they still dont get it.

2.) Decide to try chat. After 20 mins of jumping through hoops am told no they will not activate my main account. I explain that my main has my chars and the other has nothing. Still no understanding. Just a no.

3.) I think it over and decide I have had it with this company. Over 10 different paying accounts over alot of games "You would think this would make a dif lol".

4.) I respond to the chat log/support online for them to please remove me from the mailing lists. I try 4 different times. Responses varry.

"If you use a third-party SPAM filter, you may need to configure it according to the instructions for that application. Try to make some changes to the setting of the SPAM filter. Try to put the domains soe.sony.com and station.sony.com in the filter list, so you may not receive e-mails from these domains. It will automatically go to the SPAM folder. From there you can select out the important SOE emails and delete the others."

"The e-mail which is sent is as per the script generated by system and we can't do it manually. If you have received the e-mail then please reply back with the copy of e-mail. Please send us feedback if you want to complain or report about our services. It will be sent to our feedback department."

"This is an In Game issue, which only a Game Master can help you with. In the future, your petitions for GM assistance may be resolved faster by using the Station.com Support page. While in game, type in "/petition" to start the process (press H if you are playing Star Wars: Galaxies), or you can use the following web address from your internet browser and click on the In Game Support tab:"

5.) I give up on anyone at soe customer support and hit the forums. I make 2 posts. Both posts are deleted.

{ MOD EDIT }

Reanim

Comments

• AmatalAmatal Member UncommonPosts: 184

So, SoE decides to grant you 2 months of playing time FREE of charge, with all the expansions included in their special offer (valid only to certain types of accounts that fit the offers cryteria).
    You then in your infinite wisdom decide you could switch that offer to an account that doesnt fit the cryteria, and go into a fit when they refuse (with every right) to do so?
    Cry me a river...
    No really, cry me a river.

• executor3000executor3000 Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Amatal

So, SoE decides to grant you 2 months of playing time FREE of charge, with all the expansions included in their special offer (valid only to certain types of accounts that fit the offers cryteria).

You then in your infinite wisdom decide you could switch that offer to an account that doesnt fit the cryteria, and go into a fit when they refuse (with every right) to do so?

Cry me a river...

No really, cry me a river.
    Tell me... What are the criteria?

..Please?

1.Your account must be flagged for the newsletters and promotions. (Unless it is, you are automatically rejected)
    2.Your account must not have been logged into for an X amount of time (this changes with every promotional offer)
    3.Your account must not have been billed sice X anount of time (this changes with every promotioanl offer)
    2.A vanguard subscriber with a former EQ2 account on the same station name is viable for promotional offers with disreguarding 2 & 3 as long as his EQ2 account wasnt active for at least 6 months(i do believe that offer expired begining of september)

• executor3000executor3000 Member Posts: 36

Thanks. It's too bad really. Played EQ2 for one month in April this year :(

Yes, that would be too soon, Last promotion i was aware off targeted people that left by July 2005. I am not sure if this one was moved to some date in 2006.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Yes, SOE does indeed outsource their customer support to India, and the like. They announced that a few years ago, and it is plain to see from the CS responses you get. It's quite ridiculous that people put up with it, imo.