Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of coming back..have a few questions

centrik91centrik91 Member Posts: 175

So, I'm thinking of coming back to EVE online.  I played for about 3 or 4 weeks before I quit the game.  I loved the community, but got tired of running low level missions by myself because I couldn't find a corporation that would take a player w/o a certain amount of sp.

So I have a few questions before I come back. 

1) Does anyone know when Revelations III is due?  And is that the update w/ the graphics redo and out of ship content?

2) How long will I be logging into the game just training skills before I can PVP and have some real fun.  Specifically, how long will it take until I can fly  a covert ops ship for a corp?

3)  How hard is it to join an alliance in a war?  The PVP wars in EVE are the real drawing point for me, and are the big reason I would resubscribe.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

1. Rev III is scheduled to 28. November. But seriously, this is CCP! Featurefreeze happened though..

And yes, that will include 20 new ships and the new graphicsengine, a droneoverhaul etc..

2. about 2-4 days, depending on character. I dont have the numbers for covert ops, but as it requires racial frigate 5, id say about 3 weeks.

3. Alliances at war typically stop recruiting because they fear spies. Piratecorps, Mercenaries, 0.0-Corps arent that restrictive though.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by centrik91

So, I'm thinking of coming back to EVE online.  I played for about 3 or 4 weeks before I quit the game.  I loved the community, but got tired of running low level missions by myself because I couldn't find a corporation that would take a player w/o a certain amount of sp.
    So I have a few questions before I come back. 
    1) Does anyone know when Revelations III is due?  And is that the update w/ the graphics redo and out of ship content?
    2) How long will I be logging into the game just training skills before I can PVP and have some real fun.  Specifically, how long will it take until I can fly  a covert ops ship for a corp?
    3)  How hard is it to join an alliance in a war?  The PVP wars in EVE are the real drawing point for me, and are the big reason I would resubscribe.
    Thanks in advance!

It doesn't take that long to train to get into a Covert Ops ships, but the training of secondary skills to make you an effective pilot takes a month to month and a half.  But one big factor in EVE is how will you earn ISK?  If you plan to mission run, rat or mine you'll have to train skills up to effectively to accomplish those tasks as well.

In my own example I've been playing 4 months.  I started out down the mission running path in about 1.75 months or so I was flying in a ratting Raven (Battleship) which I use to fund my other activities atm. 

I joined a Steath Ops corporation, and we focus most of our activities on covert ops and other small ship operations.  It took me about 3.5 months to reach the point where I feel I can effectively fly my stealth bomber and I'm still training ups some skills on it to make me really effective. (but I've trained up a lot of defensive skills for my Raven which you don't  have to do if you can fund yourself some other way)

Here's the deal....in 0.0 space every corporation is always at war.... its just a matter of degree on how hot the situation is at the moment.  No one can exist in 0.0 at peace forever, PVP is always the watchword.  So just make sure you join a corp that operates out in 0.0 and trust me, you'll be involved in a war. There are two major factions... the Dark forces of BOB and the Anti-Bob...my corporation supports the latter effort and actively works to thwart BOB expansion wherever we can. (there are also many minor factions which constantly fight with each other as well, even when allied with each other against BOB...)

In my own case, I had just joined my new corporation, been ratting about a week, training for my stealth bomber when suddenly our alliance was attacked.  I found myself in a swirl of activity as fleet operations were organized on a regular basis, my corp jumped into action trying to cut off enemy supply lines.... I went in on my first big fleet engagement in a passive drake...and got promptly blown out of the sky due to a mistake by the fleet leadership that jumped my group within 25 km of a BS fleet....the result was not pretty.

Things have cooled off for a while, but we are all feverishly training up skills, gearing up our ship inventory (I now have 10 fully fitted Stealth bombers ready to go and am working on getting 5 Sniping Battleships ready for fleet duty, which will take a few more months yet)

So all of that in my first 4 months, and I've only just begun to really play EVE. 

While its true that many corporations say they want players with 5M SP's, (my own does) I approached them at 3.25m SP's and demonstrated my commitment and sincerity to EVE and their cause and they let me join early.  So don't be afraid to approach folks and see how things really are.  (though, if they want players with 25m SP and ability to fly Tech 2 BS's there might not be the same flexibility towards newer players)

But don't worry about that...there are many great corporations to join in EVE, you will have no problem finding a home.  Most important thing is to make sure you are somewhat self sufficient, ie., you can support your pvp habit by mining, ratting, trading or some other means of making ISK....cause there's never enough of that to go around.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• centrik91centrik91 Member Posts: 175

Thank you both for your help.  I think I'm going to resubscribe, and get right to finishing training.