Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Upcoming SCI-FI MMO. Project V.I.L.E

Project V.I.L.E

Read all about it HERE

Discuss.

Played almost everything...
Currently playing nothing...
Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

Comments

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Meh, I will have to wait and see more before I can really comment. Companies can exclaim all the features, "state-of-the-art combat system", what have you but until I see some of it in action, it means nothing. The screenshots make it look like Saga of Ryzom a bit.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Sounds good.

• frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

Originally posted by BaronJuJu
    The screenshots make it look like Saga of Ryzom a bit.
    Indeed. The lighting and some textures do look like Ryzom.

Maybe this is what the Ryzom devs have been working with, and why they haven't shown their presence at the Ryzom forums for quite a long time now.

Hmmm?

• project8sixproject8six Member Posts: 271

sounds interesting. lvl based for the lose. but  its skillbased at least... if there are lots of choices it may be fun.

what i thought was weird is that they said its not based around storyline like "other MMOs" but its about getting gear money and lvling up? isn't that what every single other MMO is about? i haven't played one that was about the story.

die. <3

• Sovren1Sovren1 Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by project8six
    sounds interesting. lvl based for the lose. but its skillbased at least... if there are lots of choices it may be fun.
    what i thought was weird is that they said its not based around storyline like "other MMOs" but its about getting gear money and lvling up? isn't that what every single other MMO is about? i haven't played one that was about the story.

I have....guildwars...is all story driven for completion of the pve portion of the game. Backed up by endgame skill, title, weapon, and gold farming followed by the elite missions and hard mode. PvP is separate from this.

• SovielSoviel Member Posts: 35

I'm kind of put off by how much of a brainless slaughter-fest they sound like they want this game to be, it seems to be all the rage now to announce super violent mmos, probably because mmo developers have figured out that games like Halo sell well. They also appear to be taking on a lot with all of those features; home planets for each race including moons, mechs, etc.

And I know, I'm very tired of the same boring slow mmo combat just like most of the rest of us, but that doesn't mean I want flaming  testosterone death thrills instead of a well rounded game. However, if its a fun game, and in particular if I like the races and they all aren't human knockoffs, then I might check it out. But I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with the above poster about the comedy of the idea that any mmos are about much else than leveling up, gear, and teh pwning of nubs and/or killing monsters for loots. Have they never played an mmorpg before? Lol.