Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Are You Playing?

MatthiusMatthius Member Posts: 49

If you are no longer playing Roma Victor, or are playing other things in general:

What are you playing, and what do you plan to play?

I, myself, am looking forward to Age of Conan.  I'd like to see some people in it from RV - preferably people that don't wish to skewer me through the eyeballs.

The Dragon Legion, Bringing Forth Eternal Light. First Roman Legion of Roma Victor.

Comments

• nirel301nirel301 Member Posts: 6

Yup AOC when it comes out, but thats months away. Alot of the RV community on MIRC is looking at Tabula Rasa, many of us heading that way to enjoy it. With the recent changes in RomaVictor, many of us have quit, such as the Big skill decay, making barbarian boards into Roman Martial Law ones, not allowing barbarians to wear equipment we loot, and all the other (in my opinion) unreasonable decisions by RB have shown RV is not very customer friendly. RV is too much of a grind happy game, in which you sit there and click your mouse button for hours just to gain a few points, to now with the new update, lose them VERY easily to not just fair fighting, but also the hundreds of bugs and player exploitation that submerge Roma Victor.

So as It is many of us are looking for those more promising MMORPGS that to an extent give most of what they promise instead of just a small percentage of what is really advertised.

• BahadurBahadur Member Posts: 15

Right now I'm  just waiting for Darkfall, which is fine because waiting for games and anticipating their awesomeness is usually more fun than seeing the end result.

-Grimskeggr

• CynewulfCynewulf Member Posts: 17

I'll try Age of Conan as well. It isn't anything like the game RV claimed to be, but it will be polished.

Darkfall comes closest to the original vision of RV--far beyond it actually--and will always be there, eternally in development, whenever I feel like dreaming of what could be.

- Augir's alt

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

you'll be seeing me in tabula rasa or Age of Conan guys.

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by Cynewulf

I'll try Age of Conan as well. It isn't anything like the game RV claimed to be, but it will be polished.
    Darkfall comes closest to the original vision of RV--far beyond it actually--and will always be there, eternally in development, whenever I feel like dreaming of what could be.

- Augir's alt

Is this the real Cyne?  I wonder. 

Darkfall is the only other MMO that I have even a little interest in trying; it does look pretty cheesy riding around on giant pigs and fighting lizardmen.

I checked out Age of Conan and even though it professes to be "hardcore," from spending time on their forums, it's clear it's just another big commercial enterprise trapping themselves into seeking the quick buck over the long-term growth and stability of innovative and outstanding gameplay.

If you can handle space battles, I recommend EVE.  I just can't get into the space thing.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Looking forward i guess to AoC hoping funcom has learnt from AO and gives us a polished game at release

• The_HulksterThe_Hulkster Member Posts: 16

Age of Conan LOOKS good.  The classes and everything looks good.  I wish they would have the playermade cities attackable by other REAL players and not just npc's.

I saw them mention "formation" bonus of some sort in combat, wonder what that is.  Maybe a line, lol.

• LordbaldurLordbaldur Member Posts: 31

EVE online fgts. Try it.

www.eve-online.com

also Age of Conan will suck.