Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Classes

I am Just curious as to what people think about the WoW classes...

Comments

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

I choose warrior because i love to rush into the thick of a battle.... but without cc it can be quite painful sometimes

RIP Orc Choppa

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Warlocks.

DoT + Pets = hella fun

• I didn't play a Warlock during my 2 year+ stint in WoW, but the fact that patch after patch they buffed them continuing to break them even more i'd have to say their ability to become overpowering is sickening so therefore by the go with the lemmings now that I don't play lets go with warlocks.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

Hunter.. first MMO where I have become attached to my pet(s), I would never let Boris (Boar) go, he'll be with me through WotLK also, my pet is more known than me on my server, I get tells asking if Boris can join a group rather then me . And unlike some games the pet is usful and forfills a job.. not just eye candy.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736
    Originally posted by namelessbob

I didn't play a Warlock during my 2 year+ stint in WoW, but the fact that patch after patch they buffed them continuing to break them even more i'd have to say their ability to become overpowering is sickening so therefore by the go with the lemmings now that I don't play lets go with warlocks.

I think u misunderstood the OP. But ye warlocks are powerful in 1on1 and duels. And we all know duels is what matters. Duels gief imba honor and arena points for that sweet gear everyone is after! No that's right... they do however gief that extra 1inch on your epeen you've been wanting so badly 

EDIT: on the subject, my fav is paladin. I've played mage, lock, shaman and paladin endgame. Playing paladin atm and enjoying it the most coz for me MMOs is about grouping and I feel I contribute alot bringing my pala. And its a good feeling being "wanted". Healing spec lets me do arena, BGs, heroics and endgame raids with no hassle. Shaman was ok, but I never really liked the lore as much as pala and totems just get annoying after a while haha 

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Originally posted by ormstunga

I think u misunderstood the OP. But ye warlocks are powerful in 1on1 and duels. And we all know duels is what matters.

Locks are fine in battlegrounds and in 5v5 fights. However in situations with low numbers of people on each side they are over-powered. That's not just duels, but also 2v2 arena  and arena is what counts as far as pvp goes.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

Perosnally I selected hunter. Playing a decent hunter in heroics or Kara is a challenge I enjoy - chain-trapping mobs whilst getting my shot rotations right and topping dps charts.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

Originally posted by Antipathy

Originally posted by ormstunga

I think u misunderstood the OP. But ye warlocks are powerful in 1on1 and duels. And we all know duels is what matters.

Locks are fine in battlegrounds and in 5v5 fights. However in situations with low numbers of people on each side they are over-powered. That's not just duels, but also 2v2 arena  and arena is what counts as far as pvp goes.

It's all good then. Penalty on 2v2 arena points + the fact that no 5v5 is without a MS warrior or paladin/priest (used to be just pala, not sure if it's shifted to priest viability yet tbh). Warlock is not a must for any 5v5. But ye locks are powerful in 2v2... all pvp trinkets removing fear is a nice step in the right direction.