Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Online: 10 Years Already?

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Ultima Online is celebrating it's diamond anniversary; 10 years and going strong with the release of their major update: Kingdom Reborn.  To make sure they have as many people as possible join in this MMO milestone, they are inviting back all former players to play for free from September 25th until October 9th.

All citizens of Sosaria are invited back to Ultima Online to help us celebrate its 10th anniversary.  Check out the Kingdom Reborn client, join in the celebration, and receive your gifts - everyone is welcome!

Here's how:

Re-install Ultima Online™, using your game disc, a friend’s disc or downloading it here:
  • If you need to re-install the game, you can download it here:
  • Start the game and log-in with your name and password.
  • In most cases you’ll find your characters and property waiting for you. (We can’t guarantee all the in-game possessions will still be available, but in most cases they will be.)
  • Been awhile since you've played? Click here for the UO New Player Guide, which will help you jump right back into Sosaria.

Find out how to Return to Britannia here.

Comments

• deedelechachdeedelechach Member Posts: 64

o0o0o

I think I'll take advantage of this!

hopefully I can remember my account and pw...

Currently Playing : WAR, UO, RL :p

• Nicod3musNicod3mus Member UncommonPosts: 114

It is a milestone indeed and thank you for making such a great game......in it's day UO was revolutionary. CONGRATULATIONS!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

hehe, tried to remember the password and failed and my email has long since changed, since I played this game. 

Oh well, would have been nice to go back and see what they have done....

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

vas corp por

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

You can open a trial account to check it out if you are that interested.

The game has changed a lot form what it was intended to be, sort of like the mmorpg market changed from what it once started and how it is now.

• darkjoydarkjoy Member Posts: 39

I´d really liked to try but Its all a trick....

Sad bad true, you have to leave payment details (Credit Card) to get the benefits of the testimonial...

...and you have to cancel Subscription in time or you are billed...

too bad !

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by darkjoy

Sad bad true, you have to leave payment details (Credit Card) to get the benefits of the testimonial...

too bad !

you can just cancel right after subscribing if you dont have faith in your memory

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

lol.  I don't think free will make me come back.  I miss the game, but I've moved on.  *drip*

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• FenerelFenerel Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by darkjoy

too bad !
    Weak!

I'd probabley play again if i didn't have to give my CC.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

IF you have a registered account you dont need credit card, just log in!

• JadarJadar Member Posts: 300

Humm, can't get into my account because my former email address is unavailable. Can't contact EA support without logging into my account. Guess I wont bother with this.

• RackhirRackhir Member Posts: 13

"Ultima Online is celebrating it's diamond anniversary"

I think you're in need of a proofreader, as your articles are rife with spelling mistakes.

• RamokkRamokk Member Posts: 1

D'oh!  I wish I knew they were going to do that.  I just signed up about 3 weeks ago and paid for a month so I could see what the new client looked like.  If I had waited, I wouldn't have had to pay

They have changed a lot, but the game's pretty much dead.  I walked around, there was nobody standing near Britian bank, and I only encountered one or two people in the other towns.  Of course, there's still not a single inch of land to place a house anywhere...