Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So exspensive...

NikepwnsNikepwns Member Posts: 134

Im so angry cos my freind goes you need all the expantions to start everquest 2 because something to do with AA points, is this true, cos the fact i have to pay 10 pound per month plus buy the expansions is really stupid, what shall i do !

Played: WoW, Guild wars, Eve, SWG, and more

Comments

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

I'll play along that this isn't just a troll post...

You do not need all of the expansions to play.  If that is keeping you from trying the game, then don't let it.  Will you want some of the expansions eventually?  Probably.  But they are not required before level 50 for any good reason whatsoever.

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by Nikepwns

Im so angry cos my freind goes you need all the expantions to start everquest 2 because something to do with AA points, is this true, cos the fact i have to pay 10 pound per month plus buy the expansions is really stupid, what shall i do !

Buy the retail box version of EoF, or the bundle version of EoF on digital download. You get the base game + all expansions of the same price as one.

--
    Leemeg.

• NikepwnsNikepwns Member Posts: 134

first off im not trolling, and what a geeky way of saying it, and second you should read questions, i talked about AA points, (like a talent system) apparently when you get to level 10 you need em

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

first off im not trolling, and what a geeky way of saying it, and second you should read questions, i talked about AA points, (like a talent system) apparently when you get to level 10 you need em

No you dont need AA points when you reach level 10. You can use AA points from level 10 but you dont need them.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

And if your just starting...then no reason NOT to buy the All In One...for less than the price of a new game, you get EQ2 plus ALL expansions...

http://www.direct2drive.com/4362/product/Buy-EverQuest-II:-All-In-One-Compilation-Download

There ya go

• AcaeusAcaeus Member Posts: 193

But it is annoying for returning players, like myself. Pretty common practice from SOE though.

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

Either try the 10-day free trial and see how it goes for yourself... or please do not play EQII.  You won't like. 

EQII is for folks that can think for themselves and look stuff up -- not ask others or rather whine to others.

"Geakyness" was your original post.  Whine much lately?  As to reading your post, I did.  AA's are not needed.  AA's are definitely not needed at level 10 or at level 50.  AA's are a nice to have.  Not needed.  If you read my post, i said you'd probably want the expansions.  You don't NEED them until past level 50.

• NikepwnsNikepwns Member Posts: 134

Hey i already got the game now, and uproar, i didnt mean for you to get so angry lol, but anyway, can someone plz explain these "AA Points " Please

• Shadow786Shadow786 Member UncommonPosts: 210

"AA Points" or also known as Ancient Artificing is a method in the game which allows you to cont...IMMMMAAA CHARRRGGGINNNN MAAAAAHHHH LAAAZZZZZZAAAARRRRR

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

AA points are "Achievement Abilities"...as you complete certain quests, or do certain things in game, you gain these points..

To find out more..look here

http://www.eq2ref.com/aa/

And here

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Achievement_Experience

Cheers!

(Ignore the haters...just read, and enjoy)

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Acaeus

But it is annoying for returning players, like myself. Pretty common practice from SOE though.
    Let's say I'm not the biggest SOE fan in the world but.. the correct comment would be:

"Pretty common practice for all MMO developers that sell expansions."

DAoC... you could try to RvR on a TOA server without having bought the expansions.. probably going to be rough.  Oh but wait they give you up to TOA now when you buy the game and you play classic?  Well try to play classic without the other expansions and the ability to use champion levels and the gear they added...

You could try to PvP in WoW without buying BC.. but it might be tough to kill a level 70 as a level 60..

Its not just an SOE thing.. any pay for expansion game is the exact same thing.

Some games like L2 (never played) and CoX add content as free updates... and those are the only games that this situation doesn't happen in.

But just because I play SWG Pre-CU I'll be happy to agree with you in general about SOE regardless 

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Seriously.... why don't people actually research this stuff before making this kind of completely baseless accusation? Did you even go to the website and look? EoF comes with ALL expansions and the main game. So will Rise of Kunark. And for $40 too.

Go look.

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230

Achievement points in EQ2 is not needed to play the game.  It helps, but you can play without that big trouble without it.

Achievement points will mostly enhance specific skills or stats, some healer classes can also convert their combat spells into combat arts instead. But you will not find anything extremely "I win skills" there, its more for enhance your own playstyle within the class. This is true for the PvE part of the game, on the PvP part every extra edge you can get out of your character counts. So, if you plan to play on the PvP server I would suggest you to get access to those AP points.

Edit: I'm not angry, just that when there is option to buy the game+all expansions as the same price, and people complains that they need all expansions to play...it's kinda strange, or its just uninformed players or trolls. SoE has also given out alot of upgrades to old accounts in a promotion stunt to get them back to try it again (don't know the criteria, but old Vanguard buyers did get it atleast).

--
    Leemeg.

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

Truth is all MMO companys want to make cash simple as that and an expansion is a good way of generating more..its nothing new is it?

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

See, i don't get it. This is what happens with every game that has expanions, not just MMO'S. You have to pay extra money to get the expansions. Thats the way these things work. You pay extra for the Sims 2 expansions, you pay extra for the Doom and Diablo expansions. Thats the nature of playing computer games.

So why complain about it? They aren't going to change the way they do things just because you don't like it. And no expansion is a must have, they're just interesting and useful.

How can anyone not know that?

Not only that but why don't people actually research this stuff before posting things like this? It would have taken 5 minutes to go and check it out before posting on some web board about how they think the company is cheating everyone.

You have the internet, so use it for what its meant for.... to research subjects.

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

I don't think anyone mentionned the website:

www.direct2drive.com

On a side note, EQ2 was no 2 in the top ten yesterday.

eqnext.wikia.com