Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The good, the bad, and the......afk?

2»

Comments

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

Torak you seem to be replying to a post that i didn't make. I don't disagree with you either but that's easy to say since i am talking apples and you are talking oranges.

WOW has 8m subscribers worldwide, L2 has 2 (if that?). Clearly WOW will generate more total RMT sales, but where did i say otherwise?

When i say RMT occurs on a larger scale in L2 than it does in WOW, i mean a larger percentage of the population participates in it and it has a larger overall effect on the game world. And i am accusing NC soft, well aware of L2's demographics, of intentionally manipulating game mechanics to encourage RMT within L2 as a whole. To the point where the entire game world is dependent on it.

And i care because i play L2 and it is interesting to talk about:)

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

Originally posted by DailyBuzz

OK, I've been searching for a new game since I quit VG and have stubbed my toe on Lineage 2 a couple times. Lemme get the straight dope on highlights/lowlights and the all too common botters:
    1. Grinding% (30% solo?, 70% group?)
    2. Overall "fun factor" 1-10 scale (1=vacuuming, 10=skydiving)
    3. Community 1-10 scale (1=boring, 10=fun and helpful)
    4. Difficulty 1-10 scale (1=nap, 10=brain hemorrhage)
    5. Economy (self-sufficient?, endless farming?)
    6. Botters (if you pass 500 people, how many were bots?)
    7. PvP balance (balanced or failed experiment)
    Any insights and observations are more than welcome, positive or negative. However, please defend opinions with some sort of example or it will likely be ignored and unhelpful to me in any way
    Started L2 back in 2004.  Here are my ratings for you. Retired from the GRIND in summer of 2006.

1. Grinding = 75% solo , 24% cooperative , 1% raiding 2

2.Overall Fun Factor = 4.5, ( Used to be higher some 2 years ago, but now, uh uh)

3. Community = depends on server population and clan/alliance strength...6.5

4.Difficulty   = 5 about average

5. Economy = This is one of the reasons I do NOT play this Korean grinfest..almost no economy unless controlled by online money marketeers. 2

6. Bots = big problem, no matter what anyone says, if i pass 500 people..today, HIGH probability says 100 use third party programs.Today, would be lucky to find 500 people playing on N. American servers. 3

7.  PvP..meh not too bad, but actually today not much real poilitcs to this unles you get into high school/middle school whine sessions.  L 2 still, however has the best overall PvP mechanics.  About all there is to do now...however not as many play as did in 2004. 5

So, on the scale of 7 possibilities and 70 being the perfect score; my overall score is 28, ( less than half, my friend)

Truly, not what it once was...

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

my issue wasnt so much the grinding overall yeah getting to lvl 70 is not impossible. but why on earth should i be forced to spend $30 to compete? i.e. a second gear crafting alt account (artisan dwarf) to make enough profit to fund my gear. why should i have to do that? shouldnt I with 1 account be able to fund myself by grinding? yeah I could but given the way the economy is I found by lvl 57 as a Dark Avenger I was barely scraping by cause I was buying so much C shots ( cause i had a +4 SLS but B grade Doom armor which slowed my ability to grind effectively) trust me if u dont haev the grade armor weapons for your level range, your ability to grind goes wayyy down lol or u have to resort to kill weaker grouped mobs which means u get less adena overall and slower. I noticed as i was leaving to cancel the game the price of doom went up by 15-30% (thankgod i got wheni did or else it woudl of cost me 30 mill easy to buy the entire set vs around 17-20 mill)and for the dama sword was an easy 70 mill adena on the kain server/

I did at one point fell into the typical dual box account thing where I had my drawf (main account) and a cleric to buff and heal my dwarf as he poled (dwarf was my alt for my main lvl 57 DA) but i realized if I haev to resort to this in order to make enough adena, its not worth it. the game itself is awesome, yeah its a hard grind, but the pvp is top notch,the sieges are wonderful thoguh i never really got to participate in them, did some raid bosses which was nice and enjoyable. but overall the economy is so bad you almost tempted to ebay which completely defeats the point, and as couple people said, if you have to rely on ebaying youll never have enough adena to meet your needs, and secondly you wont know the subtle nuances of your class. i think the state of economy truly effects the qualiuty of this game, and effects it in a bad way. I feel if the economy wasnt so broken id still be in the game. even worse now is amount of bots, good majority are eitehr bots, or people who use 3rd party programs to grind. so thre is less people to group with, and its not like NCsoft ever lifts a finger, dont ever let them convince you otherwise.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.