Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They should convert this game into Asherons Call Darktide 2

Darktide is the one world of Turbine Entertainment's Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game Asheron's Call which allows unrestricted player killing. Two aspects of the gameplay of Asheron's Call, namely the ability to dodge projectiles and powerful healing abilities, allows the outcome of combat between players to be determined by the power of the characters and the skill of the players. The cost of death in player versus player combat can be high, and the threat of attack by another player infuses the world with a constant tension.

Be prepared for a harsh existence

Be prepared for a harsh existence

The history of Darktide has been shaped by strong individual players and player guilds. Prolific player killers quickly gain notoriety, and staunch defender's reputations grow as well. Monarchies which control important locations thrive. The storyline dictated by Turbine's monthly updates is optional, but fighting for survival versus other players unavoidably shapes the experience.

Comments

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Yikes!  That's the best screen-shot they could come up with?  It looks like the battle of the MC Hammer clones. 

Haven't played it... or even looked at it.  I'm just guessing though that if that graphic is representative of actual in-game screens... there won't be a lot of players waiting in line to play. 

• uncusuncus Member UncommonPosts: 528

And was a typical gankfest when I played around 7 years ago...

You'll just love being killed and losing your items [though only 1-2 at a time at levels around 10] again and again while you try to enter a town to buy spell components or sell off what you've looted from monsters.  You'll enjoy taking one step forward and two steps back between the death penalty and item damage.

No thanks!

If everyone started with a middle-level character or if there were some kind of safe zone, perhaps it could be fun - even then, I doubt it.

• nerdy_nednerdy_ned Member Posts: 43

The reasons you stated above are why I loved Darktide. I loved being scared to go into towns, it made having friends a MUST. You always go in groups. Constant rush. Only reason I wouldn't pick it up again now is because it'd take to long to get back into the groove of things, and I'm not going to buy an account.

EDIT: Also wanted to add, player-base is too low now. :( If it had a higher base I would play it, but I picked it up a few months ago and I hardly saw anyone, although I was in lower level zones.

• DanhildermanDanhilderman Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by dragonace

Yikes!  That's the best screen-shot they could come up with?  It looks like the battle of the MC Hammer clones. 
    Haven't played it... or even looked at it.  I'm just guessing though that if that graphic is representative of actual in-game screens... there won't be a lot of players waiting in line to play. 

How can you have 500+ posts on a mmorpg forum and not know anything about Asheron's Call 1?  It happens to be one of the big three original mmorpgs. It has probably the highest retention rate of any mmo, etc etc.

The graphics engine is from like 1996-1997, lol.  I still think it has some of the best graphics around. The art design was superb.  at least 90-95% of the playerbase considers it the best mmorpg created thus far.

And that screen does a fairly good job of depicting the harsh nature of the PvP server. You log in at the wrong time....you die. 

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Darktide was the least popular server in AC, its not going to happen.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

I'd be more interested in seeing WAR come out with a FFA PVP server a la Mordred in DAOC...but probably won't happen since it wasn't a huge success .... but I can still hope....

But can't see Turbine going that route....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Originally posted by dragonace

Bowww wow wow wow.... "Can't touch this"  Bow wow bow wow

lol, Good call bro

• DanhildermanDanhilderman Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Gameloading

Darktide was the least popular server in AC, its not going to happen.
    If you actually played the game, you would know that it has ALWAYS been the MOST popular server.  It still has roughly 50% more players than any other single server.  Always been that way.