Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Substance to this game?

I tested Beta for RO..

Im currently on my second trial account (after a year) still trying to figure out if its worth it.. but i have a few questions..

Even in Beta i found that Ro had no linear prgression.. it just seemed like.. level up to 30 strong enough to go here.. lvl up to 40, strong enough to go here and so forth.. i dont see any quests.. i dont see ANYTHING THAT HAS ANY SUBSTANCE.. leveling is fine in this game.. characters are great, but is there any point to playing this game? No quests.. bosses are just.. scattered enemies around a map.. why am i leveling? why am i playing? how big is the world? how does it get at higher levels? It just doesnt seem liek anything.. no quests... no rewards... no nothing.. just grind and grind and grind and grind.. get to lvl 90 then kill some endgame boss and woopy? i just dont understand were the substance is..

Someone PLEASE fill me in! I need to know what the hell this game is about..

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

The quests that don't make stuff are pretty long and there are only a couple of them.  The reward from them is huge.  At end-game there is War of Emperium which is a massive PVP tournament to take and hold castles held twice a week for 2 hours.  Most people at the end of the game spend the time making enough money to buy hundreds of white potions for this event.  Also there is the community.  The game is roughly the size of Delaware, maybe Maryland.

In the coming year Gravity is adding more stuff that its been lacking for a while.  A quest menu, moving and interacting NPCs, rewarding PVP, Instanced/Scenario dungeons, Non-grindy alternative to ascended classes, and revamps to the game clients coding to work more effeciently.