Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's it going?

I played Vanguard for a few weeks after it went live, only to be disappointed and close my account. Well that was many months ago and I found my self thumbing through the manual again, wondering how the game is doing nowadays.

How's the population doing? Is it really gonna kick the bucket or is it just not "WoW Sized"? And how are the bugs/quests/etc doing? The enviornment? The immersion?

In other words, from the mind of a veteran MMORPG player, is it worth coming back to?

Comments

• HellsReignHellsReign Member UncommonPosts: 23

Its not WoW sized, but wat game is nowadays, but personally i love the game. The graphics keep my eyes entertained everywhere i explore. population has increased greatly with the server merges.

Lots of naysayers bout the game, but its not for everybody. Sum ppl enjoy it, like myself, sum sware its evil and it should die, id suggest waiting for update 3 and trial island, unless u got the extra $$ to spend right away.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

I always liked VG.  Some of the bugs were annoying, but on a good system not game killing imo.  But so many people left that it became hard to find groups, so I left too.  I came back a couple weeks ago and it seems like the game is running better (tho still some city lag when I first enter), and theres plenty of people.  Coming back from lotro I gotta say, vg just feels right.  Its like coming home.

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

Simple put, I'm enjoying myself. But I'm a casual gamer and have a high-end system. My only compliant is SOE needs to come up with a solutions to the gold spammers, and hackers. Which aren't game breaking to me.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Come on back We will save you a seat at the table 

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

I played VG from beta3 until about a week ago and i can say that there is fun to be found inside. However, if you plan to play FFA PvP, know that there are great imbalances that still need attention.

The population since server merges is better, but I wouldn't say well populated (meaning if you want a dungeon group be prepared to spend an hour or so forming said group, although small PUGs are more abundant and can accomplish nearly everything this game offers).

There are probably enough faithful subscribers to keep it afloat. SOE needs to add some end-game content post-haste if they plan to keep them chasing the carrot.

Bugs aplenty, no denying it.

Plenty of quests and questing areas to keep you busy.

Environment is beautiful with lackluster sound (combat audio excluded). There are graphical glitches and character models need improvement. Rent a flying mount and take a look around for the best view.

SOE has made some unforgiveable blunders that can potentially wreck this game (gold dupe being the biggest). They apparently take no stance against gold farmers, hackers, exploiters and bots. If you are just starting out, you have an uphill climb ahead of you to catch up with the economy.

The community is nice and helpful. Crafting is good and Harvesting is easy.

I plan to check in maybe 3-6 months after APW goes live.