Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might buy it to try it =/

NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Every single MMO has a free trial, except this one... Bleh...anyway, I have a few questions

1. Is pvp like Daoc, where you work to control towers n' such, or is is open world pvp like UO? OR, does it have wow style BGs?

2. What are the pros and cons of the game?

3. Is it dying? I'm currently playing Daoc and its obvious that the game is dying. Please be honest. How many current subs are there?

4. Is pvp skill based or very item based?

5. Is solo PvP possible?

6. Are buffbots needed? Are tons of potions for chugging needed?

Thanks guys.

edit: added a question :)

-------------------------

Comments

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Also, what pack should I buy?

• GalaxiacelesGalaxiaceles Member Posts: 154

It's Open PVP. Anywhere anytime, asides from towns.

Pros

1. It's open PVP
    2. It's non instanced
    3. Castle Seiging
    4. Graphics (hard to beat even with all the new games)

Cons

1. Farmers (they are EVERYWHERE) ...
    2. Botters
    3. Huge grind

Game is ... I don't know, I haven't played in 6 months, but the population was pretty steady with good clan wars dotting up the server every night.

Game is "gear + level" based for the most part. Which in turns means it relies on a huge amount of time and ingame cash to support your character, real cash or otherwise =/

Buffbots are insanely helpful if you are willing to do it. Pots drop from the mobs, but it is not the store 1,000 pots in the bag and it auto pots for you at a % health kind of thing like what the new F2P games are doing. This is not a solo based game.

This game is about the guilds and the friendships you make throughout your adventures, because they will be the only things keeping you playing. I met the best people on Lineage2 than in any other MMO.

PS - Join Bartz, anything else you are screwing yourself over. Franz,Teon if you are playing in Euro time.

Expansions are free, so just buy the cheapest thing you can find. You'll just have to spend a coupel more hourse DL'ing the content.

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

So, it's sorta like a fantasy/avatar version of EVE?

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Originally posted by Netzoko

So, it's sorta like a fantasy/avatar version of EVE?

It seems like it based on people's reviews on EVE. Lineage 2 is Open PvP and basically the majority join guilds/alliances and go from there.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

from someone who has played both EVE and L2, the comparison is a good one.

If it wasnt for the rampant botting and the overlong (korean style) leveling grind i'd probably be playing it instead of eve at the moment (i have two subs at the moment; eve and wow)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by Netzoko

Every single MMO has a free trial, except this one... Bleh...anyway, I have a few questions

1. Is pvp like Daoc, where you work to control towers n' such, or is is open world pvp like UO? OR, does it have wow style BGs?
    Its an open world style, there are no special battlefields or places to PvP. Basically the larger clans fight for control of castles which yield the right to tax the local towns and manage the manor system. Its all about money (adena) in L2.

2. What are the pros and cons of the game?
    Pros - great free roaming world with open PvP, non - linear leveling, Very deep politics by the community, looks great even today, lots of classes to try out. Cons -The economy is a pain in the arse, many bots and the grind from hell.

3. Is it dying? I'm currently playing Daoc and its obvious that the game is dying. Please be honest. How many current subs are there?
    I haven't played since Dec but it wasn't dying then, in fact the game was growing. I was on Teon and the server was always packed, lots of drama, lots of elbowing and hundreds of people turned out for sieges.

4. Is pvp skill based or very item based?
    Item like all MMOs

5. Is solo PvP possible?
    Its "possible" but the entire game is built on a grouping dynamic. If you plan on solo through L2, you are doomed

6. Are buffbots needed? Are tons of potions for chugging needed?
    Unfortunately, like DAoC in the past, buffs are of primary importance (as in any math based combat system). There are potions also but the use isn't that bad. They basically can save you but you don't "spam" the like in other game from what I remember. (AC and RFO were the worst at that) There is a minor cool down I believe. (10 or 15 seconds?) maybe thats a different game....dunno now that I am typing this lol...
    Thanks guys.

edit: added a question :)

I plan on trying L2 out again once the new expansion releases when ever that is