Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok...

So from looking at the posts I see quite a few want Van to die off but any idea of what it's player base is?

Comments

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Woodwind88
    So from looking at the posts I see quite a few want Van to die off but any idea of what it's player base is?

Hardcore xp grinders ( OCD folks ) and hardcore raiders hoping for another EQ1 + updated graphics.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Nah there is plenty of casual players that enjoy this game. Im one of them, there are plenty of low-level players learning the game. You first feel like threw into ocean and must learn to swim. But apart from the learning curve it's still a fantastic game and I actually enjoy exploring and learning things as i progress instead of having one big quest database with 100% accurate describtion of what to do and where to go.

REALITY CHECK

• Its got a pretty good player base mate. I found a real nice guild on my 2nd day playing and thats on the FFA PVP server. I think that has the smallest population. I would recommend giving it a try. Its quite good, and more of a challenge that the likes of WoW or LOTRO. Lots to do early on, solo, group, dungeons, quests etc. Not sure about end game yet tbh. Ignore most of the haters on this site. Dunno what there problem is. I think the fact that SOE develop this game annoys people a bit.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by GazMc

Ignore most of the haters on this site. Dunno what there problem is. I think the fact that SOE develop this game annoys people a bit.
    That could be true except... The fact is.. SOE didn't develop this game.

It was "developed" by Sigil Games.. and was originally being published by Microsoft.. SOE came in later and bought it out... after it bombed at launch.

I can play the game.. and it can be fun.

The game has in fact done nothing but improve.. since SOE took over.

However, people that paid for this game at launch.. hate it for very good reasons.  Just none of which.. could really be pointed at SOE.

If I dislike SOE it would be more to do with SWG... Vanguard.. they have as I said.. actually improved it (some could argue that no one could have made it worse).

and yes... imho... you can play Vanguard and have fun. /shrugs (and there was a good amount of people last time I logged in a few weeks ago).

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Originally posted by Antarious

Originally posted by GazMc

Ignore most of the haters on this site. Dunno what there problem is. I think the fact that SOE develop this game annoys people a bit.

That could be true except... The fact is.. SOE didn't develop this game.
    It was "developed" by Sigil Games.. and was originally being published by Microsoft.. SOE came in later and bought it out... after it bombed at launch.
    I can play the game.. and it can be fun.
    The game has in fact done nothing but improve.. since SOE took over.
    However, people that paid for this game at launch.. hate it for very good reasons. Just none of which.. could really be pointed at SOE.
    If I dislike SOE it would be more to do with SWG... Vanguard.. they have as I said.. actually improved it (some could argue that no one could have made it worse).
    and yes... imho... you can play Vanguard and have fun. /shrugs (and there was a good amount of people last time I logged in a few weeks ago).

I agree; Vanguard was a Sigil developed game, SoE actually saved it. People have so much hate towards SoE because of what they did SWG, but com'on people that was a long time ago. SoE has improved, and people need to get over it. Look at the improvement of EQ2.

It's this blind hatred towards SoE that hurts Vanguard; Yes, I know VG is far from perfect, but they've improved it more than Sigil could.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by M1sf1t

Hardcore xp grinders ( OCD folks ) and hardcore raiders hoping for another EQ1 + updated graphics.

sorry this statement is totally wrong. Most consists of casual players. Hardcore raids left long ago and have been grumping even since

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984

Originally posted by M1sf1t

Wrong. Lots of casuals. Lots of crafters. I dont know where it will goto after GU#3, but right now its a sandbox heaven.

Well, i am one of those grumpy oldschool players. It gives me a lot of fun to have a few own crafters and to be self-sufficient. I make my boats, armor and weapons and harvester cloth and tools too. Inbetween i enjoy a dungeon, help someone or learn the lore of a few races doing parleys. Adventurer levels arent the big issue, they come on their own.

The games curve is a bit steep at the beginning. It is necessary to take your time and to play more then adventuring and making-money. Else the game easy can break your neck. If you walk the hill slow you will reach the top with a lot of fun.

• Woodwind88Woodwind88 Member Posts: 34

Sounds good, i'll give it a shot. I am pretty excited about it regardless of the hate posts i have read