Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chapter 6 killed solo'ing? Watch...

ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Here's a video of me solo'ing the GDK, a gold elite level 82 ;)

http://media.putfile.com/Soloing-the-GDK

Comments

• ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363

What is your BH expertise set to please, Thanks!

Good Vid

Ajax

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

I'm a BM/BH.  Have all the combat side of Beast Master minus the improved pet revive and the extra command slot next to it.  In the BH expertise I have the full Shields line, full Dread Strike line, Advanced Ambush and a few extra points in the ambush action reduction and damage increase.  My pet is a 56 pt Sandpanther and more then makes up for my loss of BH expertise skills :)

• My jedi can still solo the GDK with some interesting tactical strategies, but yeah BM's make medics, commandos, and BH's PvE machines. Saw a medic with a crystal snake take down an ancient krayt.

• infrared1infrared1 Member UncommonPosts: 440

HMMM? How long till they nerf the crap out of BM then. They'll call it balance.

• Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568

They just made BH "uber" with the gift of a what, 4500 armor break?  And I would hardly call that solo, except for a few hits, your pet took all the damage.  Pet Wars, again?

But congrats tho.  All any1 needs to do to duplicate that success is, spend how much on the pet stuff?  100 or 200 mil?  Then grind it up to 90 taking what  (lets see  BM has been out now for almost 4 months) so 3 months, then, u get to go fight a Krayt.  Nice!

BTW, I could solo Krayts and ancients at that, when I left.  I just had to use the npcs the com link dropped, cloak until just before it killed off the npcs, and come back and finish it.  But, the com-link got  the nerf bat to for people dropping them on combatant players.

Originally posted by Esquire1980

They just made BH "uber" with the gift of a what, 4500 armor break?  And I would hardly call that solo, except for a few hits, your pet took all the damage.  Pet Wars, again?
    But congrats tho.  All any1 needs to do to duplicate that success is, spend how much on the pet stuff?  100 or 200 mil?  Then grind it up to 90 taking what  (lets see  BM has been out now for almost 4 months) so 3 months, then, u get to go fight a Krayt.  Nice!
    BTW, I could solo Krayts and ancients at that, when I left.  I just had to use the npcs the com link dropped, cloak until just before it killed off the npcs, and come back and finish it.  But, the com-link got  the nerf bat to for people dropping them on combatant players.
    Actually, my pet has been lvl 90 and BFF since the end of June thanks to some nice group hunts on Dantooine and Mustafar ;)  Didn't cost me anything to make him either, since my guild has a setup of crafters that provided capped or near capped goods for no cost to guild members.  Ontop of that we do Krayt hunts to get Hydro's for guild members.

• j1flawj1flaw Member Posts: 131

Soloing isn't really killed at all. it's just more involved. If you approach situations properly, you'll do just fine.

• DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 56

Soloing is still quite easy, you just cant expect to solo Bosses anymore.

Originally posted by Dargnon

See the linked video for boss soloing :P

• Inat_miveaInat_mivea Star Wars Galaxies CorrespondentMember Posts: 249
    Originally posted by Obraik

Jedi can solo a lot and it seems BMs can solo a lot also... I would rather not though; would rather have a group :)

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

Originally posted by Inat_mivea

Jedi can solo a lot and it seems BMs can solo a lot also... I would rather not though; would rather have a group :)

I would prefer a group too, there's alot less room for error when you're soloing like I am in that video.  There was once during that evening where my trusty ISP had a lag spike that lasted 5-10secs but that was enough to get me killed.

I would prefer a group too, there's alot less room for error when you're soloing like I am in that video.  There was once during that evening where my trusty ISP had a lag spike that lasted 5-10secs but that was enough to get me killed.

well my Attention Deficit kicks in and prevents me from soloing much...thats why I suck at space..i dont have hte patience to chase through space

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Soloing in my book, is not about having a pet tank for you......  What you did take little to no talent to do.

Originally posted by Aguitha

Soloing in my book, is not about having a pet tank for you......  What you did take little to no talent to do.

Whether my skills are up to your standards or not isn't the point.  The point was to show that it's possible to kill stuff, including gold elites on your own, something I've seen people falsely say is not possible since Chapter 6.

• ekicekic Member Posts: 163

I'm glad they finally pumped up the AI.  Game needed it badly ;)

Originally posted by ekic

I'm glad they finally pumped up the AI.  Game needed it badly ;)

how boring was it to know you could solo whatever you encountered?

• vizaviza Member Posts: 204

Whether my skills are up to your standards or not isn't the point.  The point was to show that it's possible to kill stuff, including gold elites on your own, something I've seen people falsely say is not possible since Chapter 6.

LAWL. Jealousy is funny. If you can't do something that means it takes skill. If someone else can do it they are "cheating" or doing it the "easy way". Stop using the pet exploit Obraik!

I can do the same thing, but I'm a jedi and everyone knows it takes little to no talent to kill gold elite's with a jedi. I just stand there toe to toe and press all my buttons at once and they drop dead. ROFL. If I want to do it faster I use flatulence or eat garlic for lunch.

If it works it must be because it's easy and doesn't take any skill

-Viza(Chilastra.Kammris)

Originally posted by viza

LAWL. Jealousy is funny. If you can't do something that means it takes skill. If someone else can do it they are "cheating" or doing it the "easy way". Stop using the pet exploit Obraik!

I can do the same thing, but I'm a jedi and everyone knows it takes little to no talent to kill gold elite's with a jedi. I just stand there toe to toe and press all my buttons at once and they drop dead. ROFL. If I want to do it faster I use flatulence or eat garlic for lunch.

-Viza(Chilastra.Kammris)

Aha, the numbers are equal now :D

Originally posted by viza

-Viza(Chilastra.Kammris)

Aha, the numbers are equal now :D

.....Imps and their pagers....

• sololocosololoco Member Posts: 542

Seems to me they've made the creatures weak.  Back then one of those creatures would of taken out a person's pet right away but now it looked like they were going at it toe to toe.  There's no challenge now, not like this.

I think they've done this to accomodate the players being the servers are empty and without others to assist no one would be able to hunt dragons and other type creatures like this.

But then again this isn't  Starwars Galaxies, but  just another completely different game but with the same name as the old galaxies.

Originally posted by sololoco

Seems to me they've made the creatures weak.  Back then one of those creatures would of taken out a person's pet right away but now it looked like they were going at it toe to toe.  There's no challenge now, not like this.
    I think they've done this to accomodate the players being the servers are empty and without others to assist no one would be able to hunt dragons and other type creatures like this.
    But then again this isn't  Starwars Galaxies, but  just another completely different game but with the same name as the old galaxies.

creatures arent weak... beasts at the moment are quite powerful. And really, not everyone can do this...obraik is one of hte better players on the server

creatures arent weak... beasts at the moment are quite powerful. And really, not everyone can do this...obraik is one of hte better players on the server

Not even mentioning the time he has invested into Beast Master to get the quality pet ;)  The average player attacking that would be "instant death" :)

That was actually one of the times my pet didn't end up dieing to the Kimo but I did have to heal him a few times.  If you let the Kimo hit you though, he will be doing attacks up to 4k.

• SoaraSoara Member UncommonPosts: 78

Nice Nargalath

lol, can't do that anymore, trust me.

Originally posted by Soara

Nice Nargalath
    lol, can't do that anymore, trust me.

Um...he just did :P