Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Halo 3

xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587

Jesus Christ, this game is going to be awesome. Now, I will be right along with you saying Halo 1 and 2 were overated. Halo 1 I think was awesome and deserved respect, but not like it got, being praised as god. Halo 2 was just a good shooter, nothing to get wet about. But now Halo 3... god this thing looks amazing!

its got everything from recording matches, great physics, map editor, awesome story, to Forge, great garphics, and amazing weapons. This thing is surely to be one of the greatest games I will ever play probably.

This honestly will be up there with Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Devil May Cry, FFX & XI, and Age of Empires. All of these games are the ones that stick out in my mind as being the truely best games ever. Halo 3, I think, will be right along these games...

I hear a lot of people here as soon as Halo is mentioned say "overrated!" "generic", and for the most part I agree, but Halo 3, seriously is not these, this thing deserves some respect.

Before Some people start saying "You havent played it, how do you know". I know, I havent played it. I HAVE played the Beta, but that was barely scratching the surface of Halo 3. I COULD be wrong, and it could suck a big one, but also we COULD get attacked by gremlins tomorrow, so I understand I have not played it, but from what I saw, read, and tested so far, my god, this thing will be great!

Comments

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by xpyrofuryx

its got everything from recording matches, great physics, map editor, awesome story, to Forge, great garphics, and amazing weapons. This thing is surely to be one of the greatest games I will ever play probably.
    Unreal Tournament 2004 had all those things when it was released(Except forge, which looks like a dumb and pointless feature),  too bad Halo3 has so many fan boys and ignorant fans that don't respect other FPS.  You yourself are a plain example.  The game isn't even released and you compare it to greats like Legend of Zelda:OOT.  Yes you have played the beta, that is nothing.

What innovation is Halo 3 going to add to the genre?  Is it so clean and smooth that it doesn't need that?  To me, it looks like Halo2, slightly(not much) better graphics.  Of course there will be new maps, simple changes in gameplay, but will it be smoothed(can't think of the better word, damn) into the game and make it greater?  You cannot tell at this point.  Please don't assume.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587
    Originally posted by kel11

Unreal Tournament 2004 had all those things when it was released(Except forge, which looks like a dumb and pointless feature),  too bad Halo3 has so many fan boys and ignorant fans that don't respect other FPS.  You yourself are a plain example.  The game isn't even released and you compare it to greats like Legend of Zelda:OOT.  Yes you have played the beta, that is nothing.

What innovation is Halo 3 going to add to the genre?  Is it so clean and smooth that it doesn't need that?  To me, it looks like Halo2, slightly(not much) better graphics.  Of course there will be new maps, simple changes in gameplay, but will it be smoothed(can't think of the better word, damn) into the game and make it greater?  You cannot tell at this point.  Please don't assume.

Did you even read my whole post? I said, Yes I have not played it, and I could be wrong, but from what I read, seen, heard, and tested I think that it will be great. So, how am I ignorant? I like other FPS I didnt even say Halo 1 or 2 were in that great game category, but I think that Halo 3 will be, and notice the constant use of words like probably??? I am not stating fact, but a forecast on what I thin will happen, but not is guarrenteed by any means. So point out to me where I was ignorant, please.

• RekamRekam Member UncommonPosts: 90

You cant really say Halo 1 and 2 arent great games, if not one of the top 10 of FPSs'.  I love Half-Life and Half-Life 2, Unreal Tournment series are incrediable and I've always enjoyed them.  But ciritizing Halo doesn't hold any water, seems like jealous fan boys of other games hating on Halo's success.  I think Halo 3 will be pretty good, just sad that my xbox 360 everytime I turn it on the power button instead of lighting up green lights up red, and I get no picture.  After investigating I have to send it back to microsoft which I am to lazy to do. 

Good luck to Halo 3, hope it meets the expectations...

Looking forward even more to PotBS!!!

Go Pats! On our way to SBXLII

Ill stop making shout outs

Ok, bye.

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

I love Gamespot's review of Halo 3. Being biased towards hype, they predictably gave the game a 9.5, but in "The Bad" they say "online experience will be ruined by pre-pubescent kids", which is at the height of irony considering online multiplayer is suposted to be the best feature of the Series.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• RekamRekam Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by Spathotan

"online experience will be ruined by pre-pubescent kids"

what game isn't?

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Originally posted by Rekam

"online experience will be ruined by pre-pubescent kids"

what game isn't?

True, except for Second Life, a cyber slut is a cyber slut, regardless of age.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I can't wait for Halo 2. Me and my pops are on our toes about it. Co-Op and story mode is what really brings this game out, then multiplayer and with forge!!!! wow. Endless possibilities.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

I requested off work for this game, and I fully intend on beating the SP the first day.  I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on it.  Halo may not innovate much, but the series has some of the best gameplay I've ever experienced.  Everything works exactly how it should, and I really think the only people who have been disappointed with the series are those who went in looking for more than the developers intended (with the exception of Halo 2's ending).  Do I think the game will be in my personal top 10?  No, I don't.  Neither Halo 1 or 2 are.  Am I pissing my pants over a game that I know is going to give me countless hours of SP and MP fun?  Hell yes I am.  Bring it on.

And by the way, if you want a good listing of the reviews that are starting to come out, metacritic.com has links to most of them (the one's that aren't in print magazines at least).  They're all very positive so far.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halo3?q=halo%203

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I love Gamespot's review of Halo 3. Being biased towards hype, they predictably gave the game a 9.5, but in "The Bad" they say "online experience will be ruined by pre-pubescent kids", which is at the height of irony considering online multiplayer is suposted to be the best feature of the Series.

But its a little bit unfair to judge a game on its playerbase instead of its features, don't you think?

• NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

Originally posted by Gameloading
    Originally posted by Spathotan I love Gamespot's review of Halo 3. Being biased towards hype, they predictably gave the game a 9.5, but in "The Bad" they say "online experience will be ruined by pre-pubescent kids", which is at the height of irony considering online multiplayer is suposted to be the best feature of the Series.
    But its a little bit unfair to judge a game on its playerbase instead of its features, don't you think?

You're talking about World of Warcraft.

If Super Smash Brothers Brawl wasn't coming out so soon I'd go out and buy a Xbox360 but.....
    NO.

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

So whats inovative about it then?

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I have a feeling after viewing all of the info I can find on this game that it's just gonna be another generic FPS game with nothing special about it to distinguish it from about 100 other titles. I've given up on FPS as every one that I try is basically the same game. I mean really how many ways can you do "Point your gun at the enemy and shoot"? The only one that I see coming up that has any potential that I may try is Mass Effect as it melds futuristic FPS with RPG elements which is basically in my opinion what the FPS genre needs to evolve beyond it's current state. The BF 2/BF 2142 games did this in a limiting way but it needs to be expanded on to make FPS's fun again. I'm not saying Halo 3 is a bad game, I'm just saying no matter how well it's done it's just more of the same thing.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

Halo's the best console shooter eh?  That's like winning the special olympics.  Yeah, you're the best, but your still retarded.  Just put it up against an average PC shooter and it'll get shown up.  Then again, this is just another example of how gaming in general is just going down the tubes.

member of imminst.org

Jesus Christ, this game is going to be awesome. Now, I will be right along with you saying Halo 1 and 2 were overated. Halo 1 I think was awesome and deserved respect, but not like it got, being praised as god. Halo 2 was just a good shooter, nothing to get wet about. But now Halo 3... god this thing looks amazing!
    This honestly will be up there with Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Devil May Cry, FFX & XI, and Age of Empires. All of these games are the ones that stick out in my mind as being the truely best games ever. Halo 3, I think, will be right along these games...
    I hear a lot of people here as soon as Halo is mentioned say "overrated!" "generic", and for the most part I agree, but Halo 3, seriously is not these, this thing deserves some respect.
    Before Some people start saying "You havent played it, how do you know". I know, I havent played it. I HAVE played the Beta, but that was barely scratching the surface of Halo 3. I COULD be wrong, and it could suck a big one, but also we COULD get attacked by gremlins tomorrow, so I understand I have not played it, but from what I saw, read, and tested so far, my god, this thing will be great!

FFXI is one of the best games ever?  OK, you're opinions just became worthless

member of imminst.org

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Is it true they replaced the sword with a hammer!? On topic: Halo 3 looks kind of nice. The other Halo games were nice, but not really much new to the genre (imo).

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Nah, the sword and hammer is there. The hammer can flip a whole vechicle and deflect rockets. Also don't read 1up's review. The reviewer is a Major Halo Fanboy.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Originally posted by n25philly

Halo's the best console shooter eh?  That's like winning the special olympics.  Yeah, you're the best, but your still retarded.  Just put it up against an average PC shooter and it'll get shown up.  Then again, this is just another example of how gaming in general is just going down the tubes.

Are you talking about the first Halo? because thats a game that was released in 2001..

• xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587

FFXI is one of the best games ever?  OK, you're opinions just became worthless

FFXI is one of my favorite games mainly because I played with about 6 of my friends, and that can really make a game great.

Are you talking about the first Halo? because thats a game that was released in 2001..

whole series

member of imminst.org

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089

whole series

I think the first game was groundbreaking, then the next was overrated, and I wouldn't doubt this one being overrated.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

whole series

I think the first game was groundbreaking, then the next was overrated, and I wouldn't doubt this one being overrated.

I, in all honesty, would like to know why you think the first game was groundbreaking. Because I saw nothing new from it at all. If anything, it felt more limited than some games of the past.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

Originally posted by Finwe

whole series

I, in all honesty, would like to know why you think the first game was groundbreaking. Because I saw nothing new from it at all. If anything, it felt more limited than some games of the past.

I think Halo was the first to use the rebounding shield, but don't quote me on that.

What made Halo unique was its advanced AI (for its time). enemies would run, look for cover behind shields, and if the shields were destroyed they would run to hide behind rocks or trees, they would try to zerg you when you were almost dead.

It also had good balance, especialy in the multiplayer in Halo 2 which people are still playing to this day.

Halo isn't so much a new concept, it just took the old concept and improved on it. Halo is the World of Warcraft of the FPS genre.

• khragkhrag Member Posts: 184

Halo is the World of Warcraft of the FPS genre.

And that my friends should sum it all up for everyone!

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.
    --Aristotle

• gothgargothgar Member Posts: 87
    If you want to talk about console shooters, then Goldeneye basically invented it, forever and ever nothing will be as awesome as some good old Goldeneye.
  • METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Originally posted by Finwe

whole series

I think Halo was the first to use the rebounding shield, but don't quote me on that. If a rebound shield was an item that let you deflect shots then i have to say Dark Forces 2 for the PC had that too tho it was not in a shield form.

What made Halo unique was its advanced AI (for its time). enemies would run, look for cover behind shields, and if the shields were destroyed they would run to hide behind rocks or trees, they would try to zerg you when you were almost dead. Half life had something similar to this the AI enermies would use cover and often they wouldthrow a grenade from behind something at you or if you were hiding behind a box or something to make you hard to hit someone would flush you out by chucking a grenade in with you. Also they would flank you and mass ruch you if it was advantagouse.

It also had good balance, especialy in the multiplayer in Halo 2 which people are still playing to this day. People are still palying counterstrike today and counterstrike was the online multiplayer version of Half Life.

Halo isn't so much a new concept, it just took the old concept and improved on it. Halo is the World of Warcraft of the FPS genre. I disagree here as at least Halo had some exiting moments which i found lacking in WoW

As you can see those new inovative features has been done before but Halo was the first i think to do them all together so for that i wont dismiss halo its just the shame tho its levels were so generick. [ im not dissing halo its just im used to PC shooters].

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand