Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO player action screens the best MMO graphics atm!!!

No doubt Lotro has the best graphics.

forums.lotro.com/showthread.php

Comments

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by Quingu

Now, show me those same pics ...MOVING...that could be scary...

ATTACK!!!!

OMG...hitch, hitch...lol.....LD...We have LD

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835
    Originally posted by openedge1

ATTACK!!!!

the game runs fine on max settings for alot of people. Even people with high end PC's. Even with 20 people around. Yes you would have to have a very nice pc to run the game with those graphics, but those graphics are still some of the best around, no doubt about it.

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• Katashi-kunKatashi-kun Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi

ATTACK!!!!

the game runs fine on max settings for alot of people. Even people with high end PC's. Even with 20 people around. Yes you would have to have a very nice pc to run the game with those graphics, but those graphics are still some of the best around, no doubt about it.

I played LOTRO for a month before I got tired of a pretty WoW clone!  My PC ran this game with all settings entirely on maximum and in all cities and raids not a hint of lag, even with like 40-60 other PC/NPCs around me.
    The game does look beautiful and exploring Middle Earth was amazing fun.  Sadly as I said above it was just a clone of WoW.  I don't know if I'll ever return, depends on future expansions...

Kemih ~ 13 Red Mage | Currently playing FFXI & LOTRO, awaiting Warhammer Online & Aion...

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

I like DDO more. graphix wise

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• doromurdoromur Member Posts: 152

Just my opinion (like everyone else!), and I may have left due to level 50 boredom but...

IMHO this game has the best graphics of any of the recent/most popular MMORPG - and I've played most of them.

This game runs beautifully on the (almost) max settings on my rig - something that lots of the other games cannot do - and they don't look as beautiful too.

Can't accuse me of being a fanboi either as I've gone back to playing one of it's main competitors! (and no, it doesn't look at pretty or run as well)

Currently Playing Nothing...

• zimmy910zimmy910 Member UncommonPosts: 190

Shame the character animations aren't up to the same standards as the graphics.

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

ATTACK!!!!

Thanks for the usual intelligent and fair  post.

Quite interestingly, my 3 years old PC had no glitches/lag even with larger fights (6 ppl in fellowshipt, 2-3 larger and many smaller mobs around. The only 2 issues I had is: in the Great Barrows my sound has started to lag behind the visuals, at the end it was something like 5-10 seconds (!!) lagging. Very weird - thankfully it was the only place.

My only other bug has nothing to do with action/fights: I used to have a memory leak once about every 3-4 hours I play: it always happens when I enter a new (strangely enough) internal area. In these cases my FPS drops from the usual 40-80 to around 10 (!). I need to relaunch the game then, but this is quite rare as I wrote.

Fights have no problems, I love the action and the fluidity it has. Too bad it's quite hard to find a nice party  on higher levels (another fault of the game..)

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

The graphic is really awesome in lotro, unfortunately the devs spent years to do the graphic forgetting the AI of the mobs.

Although the graphic is cool, the world has no life, nothing that catch your attention.

Definitely lotro is a proof that the best 'technical' graphic doesn't mean the best virtual world.

Imho.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Actually there are a lot of nice little details that catch your attention, and really make the world pop for me.  For example fields of flowers gently rippling in the breeze.  Or the looped actitvities that NPCs go through in Bree (for example: the woman yelling to guy that is in shackles near the jail and arguing with him as to whether he burned down her farm or not, for example).  Or all the conversations in the shire.  In many zones you an actually glean aditional backstory just by wndering around and litsening to NPCs talk to eachother.  The world is actually a lot more immersive than most MMOs, in my experience. 

As far as mob AI, I'm not sure what games you've been playing, but they are pretty much par for an MMO in my experience (which is to say that the AI routines are pretty simple).   I can only think of a few games that struck me as having decent AI on computer controlled enemies, and they were all first person shooters or strategy games.  Maybe Tabula Rasa will do better, but the AI bit in pretty much evry MMO I've ever played.  The AI the latest Elder Scrolls game was at least interesting, but again it's not an MMO. If that's the sort of thing that really bunches up your undergarments, maybe you should go back to offline games (where it's realistic to expect that developers can devote a large proportion of the client resources to flexible adaptive AI). 

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

My opinion is based on an overall feeling of the graphic, not just the AI. Yes, AI is bad as in most of MMO.

But we need more artists in MMO companies and less developers.

And about AI, i know we can't expect anything near the radian AI of Oblivion, and the NPC that do 'something' is not what i'm speaking of. When i travel thru a virtual world, i wish to feel it alive. Lotro is not alive, for me.

I'm not saying that Lotro is a bad game, i played it, i enjoyed it for a while, it's a polished, well developed game.

But at the same time i think developers should stop trying to do this 'technical' competition on the graphic, and should put more heart. As I said, more artists and less developers. Ryzom has for sure a less detailed graphics, but the world has life, when i travel i can hear it, i can see the mobs interacting with each others and me. That's a good example on how a virtual world can give a special 'feeling' regardless of the graphic.

Lotro has a 'fauna' that do nothing at all (when you find it), just roam a bit waiting some player go killing them. It's bad (for me). A virtual world is not only quests and npc, it's much more.

You can say, Lotro is a game and not a virtual world. I agree, that's why i played it and left.

I don't need to go back to offline games, as Ryzom satisfy my tastes, and it is a MMORPG. But i didn't written the post just for lotro. I really think that spending many years to search the best graphic and forgetting to put the heart in it is a big mistake for any mmo.

Of course this is just my opinion and you are entitled to feel satisfied of the game.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Idea of some comparison shots...

http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/149352

These look pretty good in my opinion...