Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF all humans were to die out

2»

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Cockroaches and lawyers.......wait....that's the same species.......

• LouiseKLouiseK Member Posts: 258

There would be no dominent species.

Nature, ie everying living on the planet except for humans, lives in balance. The preditors could kill other species, but they would be in lesser numbers. The prey would be eaten but they would be in greater numbers. Intellegence has nothing to do with it. Its the ability to co-exist which humans have never been very good at.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by LouiseK

There would be no dominent species.
    Nature, ie everying living on the planet except for humans, lives in balance. The preditors could kill other species, but they would be in lesser numbers. The prey would be eaten but they would be in greater numbers. Intellegence has nothing to do with it. Its the ability to co-exist which humans have never been very good at.

Humanity is nature, humanity occured naturally. It's natural for a sentient species to behave like we do, because if we didn't it wouldn't be natural. :)

O_o o_O

• dugarddugard Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by grimweeper

i honestly dont know but i would probably say dogs, dont know why i guess there so smart and theyre already used to being with the dominant species it probably wouldnt be that hard to take over.

cats own dogs

Originally posted by dugard

Originally posted by grimweeper

i honestly dont know but i would probably say dogs, dont know why i guess there so smart and theyre already used to being with the dominant species it probably wouldnt be that hard to take over.

cats own dogs

Dogs eat cats

• SolanarSolanar Member UncommonPosts: 188

obviously the world would end. i mean earth can't continue without humans. We own this place. everything would probably just disappear.

but i think none of the other species would take over if it was possible for our planet to keep going without us to sustain it.

?played: Nearly everything.
    ?waiting: *Darkfall*, Hero''s Journey

Originally posted by Solanar

obviously the world would end. i mean earth can't continue without humans. We own this place. everything would probably just disappear.
    but i think none of the other species would take over if it was possible for our planet to keep going without us to sustain it.

Planet did fine for millions of years before we got here, I doubt it would suffer much after we're gone.

• Originally posted by Aelfinn

If you are going at that angle, why not the Apes like I mentioned? The brains are almost identical, and not in significant miniature. Hell, the Bonobo is 98% identical to our physical composition, with the Chimp at 97%.
    Or how about any of the hundreds of other species that have already achieved the dual hemispheric brain type, are significantly higher up the food chain, and are as smart or smarter than almost any rat at least in terms of raw intelligence

Sorry, but your information is incorrect. When it comes to physical composition, it is PIGS that are almost genetic twins of humans. Pigs are the closest physical composition to humans.

The thing with humans is 2 things:

1. Having an opposible thumb. Any other animal that does not have this, has zero chance of dominationg all other life on this planet.

2. That something extra. (We are starting to enter Arthur C. Clark territory heheh.) How come all the apes, chimps, etc... STILL have not developed some kind of recignizeable civilization? Making their OWN buildings? Changing their OWN enviorment a-la how beavers radically do? How come ancient "man" is not still around in the backwater parts of the planet? (unless modern man hunted them on purpose and made them go extinct on purpose?!?)

IF all humans were to die off, the planet would continue on, in balance with itself. Too many prey would increase the predators, until the prey populations decreased. Too many predators would decrease the prey, until the predators decreased. Balance. Too many plants? Hmmm.... LOL. Can there ever be too many plants? The plants would be kept in balance by animal prey it seems. There would be balance just like the non-human life did aboard the first space ship in the recent movie "Sunshine".

• SpysSpys Member Posts: 111

Penguins will rule the earth. they're already trying to by global warming. were is the hole in the Ozone layer, and were are the penguins? the antartic.  it own't be long before they build a giant laser on the moon pointing at the earth.

• KeeperofKebKeeperofKeb Member Posts: 47

there is no current species that can take our place or ever will. it would have to be created by God, in other words it would be a new creature nothing that is existing at the moment keep  in mind God created us apart from the creeping things, we are a special creation with body,soul and spirit our existence is far beyond anything on this earth, in a nutshell we are no where near the class of being an animal is, howbeit they have certain traits and similarities but its in the whole grand scheme of things to create a class worthy of our existence. but i'll play along a little bit with the post, if the "Theory" of evolution is true then i'd have to say a reptillian species, we know they once roamed the earth before and dominated the land, in the eyes of evolution it would only be a matter of time before they evolved again after their extinction.

Caesar

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

Cat's have been planning for this for some time now...

member of imminst.org

• KaabulkKaabulk Member Posts: 670

Originally posted by KeeperofKeb

there is no current species that can take our place or ever will. it would have to be created by God, in other words it would be a new creature nothing that is existing at the moment keep  in mind God created us apart from the creeping things, we are a special creation with body,soul and spirit our existence is far beyond anything on this earth, in a nutshell we are no where near the class of being an animal is, howbeit they have certain traits and similarities but its in the whole grand scheme of things to create a class worthy of our existence. but i'll play along a little bit with the post, if the "Theory" of evolution is true then i'd have to say a reptillian species, we know they once roamed the earth before and dominated the land, in the eyes of evolution it would only be a matter of time before they evolved again after their extinction.

Caesar

God not another religious post... No more of this stuff people, and no one flame his post please what we need the least is another religious debate...

Anyway the Mexicans are taking over the world. The plan is to have the Mexican militrary pose as Immigrants entering the US and slowly taking over it..  The first wave of attack will be the Mexicans declaring war sometime in November 2012, then the Mexican ninja clans will strike first, followed by the Mexican Immigrants "Revolting". And your drug gangs won't offer you any protection for the Mexican drug cartels have eliminated them before the war started. They had to make some briberies with 100% Mexican made tacos, but we achieved victory on the gang war front. The Mexican invasion has already begun in reality for we control San Diego. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuFD7mIkL10, we just haven't declared war yet. This movie is a message to all American infidels, you shall die on the first day of Taco Bell's anivesary for your pathetic attempts at copying Mexican food. Mexico shall no longer be looked at as a haven for cheap labor or a place to try your new deodorant products, it shall be looked upon as MEXICO!!!! WOO VIVA MEXICO. Anyway if your not Mexican your going to die. This is how humanity ends as we know it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention after the US is ours, we shall nuke the entire world outside Mexico and the newly acquired territoy which most of you reside in. (In case your stupid not to know that one I was refeering to the US...)

• transparent7transparent7 Member Posts: 31

dragons will own after humans!  wait a min...

hee ma brudda!

• CathalaodeCathalaode Member Posts: 281

Weregrouse. Hands down, straight up weregrouse. Any of you ever seen a weregrouse? Didn't think so, that's because nobody ever survives a weregrouse encounter. What could be more deadly than a half man, half wolf, that's also half grouse? That's three halves. I doubt any of you even have stockpiles of food and ammo in your basements just in case a weregrouse shows up. It's like you want to die.