Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I bought the 2007 set something not right

I got as far as buying my content id but when i try to play the game it says the game is not installed is that because i use vista and downloaded client? offline i need quick response please

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

You have to download the POL from the Official Website.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista01.html?pageID=media

It's Vista compatible.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219

I know thats what i did and when i click to play it says it's not installed

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Sorry about that, I read it wrong. Did you register your game and expansions?

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• AdrianusAdrianus Member Posts: 13

You must make sure you open the DVD in explorer mode and install the actual FFXI game and the expansions. They don't autorun install on vista like they do on xp. Make sure you see the installation of the base game, Rise of Zilart, Chains of Promathia, and Treasures of Aht Urhgan (aka you have to go through 4 different installs plus the Play Online Viewer for vista you D/Led off the SE website).

CoX - Champion (Hero) - Guardian (Villain)
    FFXI - Diabolos
    WoW - Trollbane (Horde) - Misha (Ally)

HAHAHA wow thank you so much i understand for a minute i was getting mad but i guess tomorrow is another day but thanks again everyone looking forward to coming back

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

Yeah, i got bit by that too.  YOu have to install FFXI, then CoP, then blah blah seperately.  Talk about annoying lol.  Wanna know the fun part? You then have to go in and register each expansion pack content ID as well.  Wanna know what's more fun?  The ~4 hour update you'll have before you can play the game.

This is something i've hated SE for since they've done it.  I dont know why they didn't add the updates to the 2006 or 2007 collection which would have made a HELLA lot more sense.  Just crazy and stupid.

However, the game is awesome :) Hope you enjoy lol

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• DreddnaughtDreddnaught Member UncommonPosts: 3

If you're still having problems with this, make sure that you've DL'd the correct POL for your area, I DL'd the US by mistake not the EU one, and I got the same message you did about it not being installed when I tried to get the game to run

OMG that was so annoying but was well worth it since there uis still a healthy population which makes me happy how much imissed the music in this game thanks for the help and i am on asura server