Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just bought it

I just bought this game and all three expansions. I heard it was good so i bought it. I just quit WoW after a year of playing and i figured i'd try something different. The only thing that pisses me off is the update. im on the last one and after one hour its only at 15%. i really wanna try the game out. Also, if anyone feels like helping a noob out add me to xfire >.<

thanks =)

Currently playing: Shadowbane (Mourning server), Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3)

Waiting for: AoC, WAR, Darkfall, Fury

Have played: WoW (1 year), GW (6 months), Conquer Online (8 Months), Runescape (1 year).

Comments

• JPR1985JPR1985 Member Posts: 212

Originally posted by Cataclysmo

I just bought this game and all three expansions. I heard it was good so i bought it. I just quit WoW after a year of playing and i figured i'd try something different. The only thing that pisses me off is the update. im on the last one and after one hour its only at 15%. i really wanna try the game out. Also, if anyone feels like helping a noob out add me to xfire >.<

thanks =)
    Well the patches are plenty, cause this game has soooo much stuff. I cant really help you in-game since I dont currently play, but heres some advice.

Join a linkshell.  A linkshell is a guild, and having a good one means people will help you level up, and unlock new jobs, etc. Its almost vital to your survival.

Second, KEEP YOUR CRYSTALS!! You need them to craft, and trust me you will craft sooner or later. Pick up a craft early on, or start fishing for fish! There is a certian fish that sells for 2k per stack, cant remember the name, but its part of a quest.

Once your past lvl 10, find a group. After lvl 10, soloing takes a lot more time.

Dont be afraid to try out all the starter jobs to find which best suits you. Race doesnt matter in which jobs you have as the stats dont matter much in higher levels as long as you have updated gear.

On the gear note, stay up to date. A lot of groups want people who have gear that are whithin 5 levels of their level range. If you need to farm, go ahead, but try to stay with some good gear.

Thats it for now, there are people ingame known as mentors that are friendly sometimes, so you could ask them a thing or two.

Hope this helps!

• DrmccoyDrmccoy Member Posts: 52

Well you jumped form one of the easiest mmo's to one of the hardest in terms of understanding the game, the interface (epxecially on pc), dealing with the japanese mixed servers, the huge grind, must have group to advance, tough death penalty and other things. Leveling is painfully slow and soloing is brutal. I'll stop here but keep an open mind otherwise you will hate the game quickly coming from Wow expereince.

sorry i used to play this game and saw what a waste of life it is...

--------------------
    10 million people play WoW but I have yet to find one who admits liking it?!"

"Aion has the grind of EQ, the PvP of DAoC, and the smooth playability of WoW."

• JPR1985JPR1985 Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by Drmccoy

Well you jumped form one of the easiest mmo's to one of the hardest in terms of understanding the game, the interface (epxecially on pc), dealing with the japanese mixed servers, the huge grind, must have group to advance, tough death penalty and other things. Leveling is painfully slow and soloing is brutal. I'll stop here but keep an open mind otherwise you will hate the game quickly coming from Wow expereince.

sorry i used to play this game and saw what a waste of life it is...

You should really have used your own comments when playing the game. This game demands A LOT of time, but the more you put into it, the mroe it gives back. I stopped playing because I dont have 2-4 hour gaming sessions to give it anymore, but if you do, this game will keep you busy for years.

• CataclysmoCataclysmo Member Posts: 20

Yea I heard alot about it. And i am a hardcore gamer and play alot a day. i have a life but i also have alot of spare time.

Currently playing: Shadowbane (Mourning server), Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3)

Waiting for: AoC, WAR, Darkfall, Fury

Have played: WoW (1 year), GW (6 months), Conquer Online (8 Months), Runescape (1 year).

• JinsamaJinsama Member Posts: 4

I also came from WoW after a year of gameplay, WoW just seemed to get very repeative....

I've been playing FFXI almost 2 years now, and i'm still not bored, it's not that hard to get use to the Japanese players with the easy to use Auto-Translator, and yeah, you pretty much NEED a Linkshell,

well if you need any help IN-Game i'll be glad to help i'm on the Phoenix Server my mains name is Jinsama

blah!