Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone purchased and downloaded online?

akirelakirel Member Posts: 3

My friend and I were wanting to start playing this game for a break from wow and something new to do while we wait for games like Aion,TCoS and Perfect World US release.

We go to their site to see who might carry the game. NC says Best Buy, Walmart. Easy enough we think so we head to best buy.  they dont carry the game. We head to walmart  they dont have it online or in their store. We head to Gamestop and Circuit City with no luck.

We decide we will purchase it online through NC and download it. My friend tries first and creates an NC soft Master account. NC doesnt have it available for download but fileplanet does.So he continues to put in his credit card info etc to purchase the game and he gets this message:

"The order did not pass risk management assessment "

We are like ok wtf maybe its the card try another one....."The order did not pass risk management assessment " 

Ok so I give it a go today on my pc after creating a master acct etc I have great credit and no felonys so I should be fine to order from them...

"The order did not pass risk management assessment " 

I am getting bad vibes from NC soft I hope I dont have the same prob when Aion comes out. We were even gonna overlook the fact that Lineage II is a huge gold farmed grinding botfest but I guess they don't want our business.

Has anyone successfully purchased this game or is it an urban myth?

Comments

• SolkinSolkin Member Posts: 25

Hrmm,  very odd.  I've got my version of the game via the fileplanet download.

Basically you download the client from fileplanet, and then send the lineage 2 company money via cc on thier webpage and they email you a serial code to enter in when you sign up for your account.

I've never had a problem with it, so I have no idea whats going on.  Best to just phone them and get them to help you fix it.

Lineage 2 is a fun game, but yeah, the bots hurt it.

• akirelakirel Member Posts: 3

Thx for replying Solkin, Yea bots and farmers are just about in every mmo if not all of them.

The lineage II character screen shots and cutscenes and game trailors look amazing. The story seems like it would kinda make you feel like you are apart of a real story. Im gonna keep trying I really want to try the game out.

I'll try and phone them like you suggested 

• lanarahlanarah Member Posts: 5

I'm experiencing the same problem my friend and I tried to get that serial code and buy lineage etc. And it said

"The order did not pass risk management assessment"

what the hell! ><'' I have done everything correctly, I have the right cc, i have the right numbers, i have everything done correctly yet it errors? or do they just not want our money? hope the problem is fixed soon. I also called up several stores in the area for the game, Eb games, game stop, best buy, walmart, no one has this game! >< I was able to download it and install it though, but i still need a serial, I called up a friend to see if they had ever experienced these problems and they said no! :( Maybe something went wrong over this past weekend? I don't know! but i sure hope they fix it!

• SombiSombi Member Posts: 1

Same problem ... same text

Apparently its a default fraud blocker kind of thing, you have to call them, you tell them your account information and they will unflag you, if you are repetitively trying to buy the game say in ... a half hour you try to buy this game or any other it keeps telling you no risk assessment etc etc... and you do it about 15 times thinking it might be a web site error or something well.. your credit card will be flagged then you have to go through your credit card company aswell (me it was visa) I had to call them and stay on hold for about 15 minutes or more. They unflagged my card and after all that was settled i simply bought the game. Hope this helps anyone else trying to buy the game! :)

• windstrike1windstrike1 Member Posts: 553

Years ago, I bought the game through Direct2Drive.com

But it's probably much cheaper if you can find a box on a shelf somewhere.  I usually see them at GameStop.

I think it's like $10 and you get a month free or something. 

Only problem is for me the only place that sold L2 in my area was 68 miles away   I looked everywhere

So i was stuck with having to pay online.

• bopicebopice Member Posts: 59

If your not enjoying Lineage try out EQ 1 not Eq2 . For pve Eq 1 rules and for pvp wow is good. Lineage isn't bad just not as fun as Eq too me.

www.myspace.com/solidwhitetuna

• ListofListof Member Posts: 155

I had this problem a month or so ago when I tried to buy another account. I just went to Direct2Drive and bought it. Everything worked fine, you just have to read carefully and follow all the instructions.

After I bought it through Direct2Drive (of course), somebody told me about a department store called Micro Center. I've never heard of it before, but it does sell L2 (both the original - for 9.99 - and the Epic Collection for 29.99) online. Had I known about that before hand, that's what I would have done.

• bojinxbojinx Member Posts: 172

Yes Micro Center is great place, with great customer service and is very unique when compared to the larger better known computer stores.  One benefit of buying a boxed set is that not only do you get the 14-day trail but a 60-day game card.  I know the Micro Center by my house sells the Lineage II boxed set with the 74 day game trail cheaper than what it would cost to buy just a 60-day time card.

• therock3000therock3000 Member UncommonPosts: 48

which is a better one to own, the original or epic collection? i know epic collection had more but which one do u guys prefer? and is micro center the only place that sells this cheaply?

ps.  is the game buy once and its free forever or do you pay monthly??

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Original and epic collection are basically the same thing except epic collection gives you an in-game item and some extra media stuff. Either way, it is the same full game since expansions (Chronicles) are free. This game is a monthly payment.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• VIISephirotVIISephirot Member Posts: 14

if you are in Europe then you have the same problem that I had and the is the hosts file in C:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc/

WARINNG!!!

YOU DO THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK  IF YOU HAVE INSTALED THE ORIGINAL  WINDOWS XP COUSE YOU THEN HAVE WELL YOU HEVA THE ORIGINAL BUT IT WOULD BE REGISTERED LIKE A COPY AND IT'S AGAINST THE LAW!!!

C:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc/hostes

(open the file with notepad)

nad at the bottom copy this:

62.149.202.175 L2authd.lineage2.com

62.149.202.175 L2testauthd.lineage2.com

PS

make a backup file of hosts on your computer so that you can return you computer to it's original status

ONCE MORE YOU DO THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK

The Dark Myth is substance without a hint of style, a huge uncarved rock of back story, kept pure of any human interference that might have produced a consumable piece of fiction.

• apakapak Member Posts: 32

kind of on same topic i just got TR and tried it out great game but i wanted to try out lineage 2 as well. I had a game card that came with TR and it says to go to fileplanted to download it on there website. I did went to work came home had the file in computer went to run setup and it lock up my computer crashing explorer twice. it won't run the files correctly i didn't know if anyone else had this problem or if anyone knows a good place i can get the download without having to go through fileplanet. I just wanna play the game on trial i got but it seems impossible to get the download. thanks

hi