Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any players left from Day 1 release ?

admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

I just reactivated my account last night, been gone for 3 months. Anyway, I expected to see a few newbs since the free trial was going on. What I didn't expect to see was nobody I recognized. I played 10 hours straight last night and several hours today and didn't see one familiar name on-line (buddy llist or in person). Also my guild, Protectors of Avalon was disbanded a month back (e-mail notice).

Anyway, anyone on eclipse that remembers me, Thunderbolt ? Also used to be called Aragorn Thunderbolt long time ago till soe nerfed my name. I'm looking for a guild on eclipse, need some serious help as I gave away everything last time I quit. Or someone to hang with as well. All my friends are gone, sigh...

Comments

• OracleP4OracleP4 Member Posts: 495
    Well, I got SWG the day it came out and I'm not playing anymore cause overtime that game really started to suck big time.  I also know that all my friends have also cancelled their accounts...

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.

--OracleP4

Like: DAoC, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2, CoH
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    Been there since day one.  Though the server I started on, Kettemoor, has slowly become less my home as I've been playing characters on Test Center, Naritus, and Ahazi more.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    I have been here since day one and out of the 80 member PA im involved in; over 50 are original players

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526
    I see SOE fixed the lag since I was gone, /sarcasm off. Sheesh its worse than ever. It took me 10 min to walk from the bank to the sp in coronet tonight. Then the loading screen (when taking sp) for entering Coronet or Theed takes up to 3 min to load. It nver used to take that long. Also I've upgraded my system since then. The reviewer who stated that lag was awful also said he had improved his system. What gives here, SOE somehow actually made lag worse ?!? How, the server populations are waaayyyy down from when I used to play (1st day - Feb).

Originally posted by admriker444
    I see SOE fixed the lag since I was gone, /sarcasm off. Sheesh its worse than ever. It took me 10 min to walk from the bank to the sp in coronet tonight. Then the loading screen (when taking sp) for entering Coronet or Theed takes up to 3 min to load. It nver used to take that long. Also I've upgraded my system since then. The reviewer who stated that lag was awful also said he had improved his system. What gives here, SOE somehow actually made lag

Go to Launchpad -> options --> turn off filed cache.  My load screen is usually 30 seconds and my city lag has improved by 80%.  Hehe, Im the one who made the statement that I improved my system and the lag was worse.  However if you turn off file cache, your lag will improve 40 fold

How, the server populations are waaayyyy down from when I used to play (1st day - Feb).

Ive been seeing a considerable growth spurt (on Chilastra anyways). I dont know how long it'll last but there was been a very big growth spurt the past few weeks

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• Originally posted by admriker444

I just reactivated my account last night, been gone for 3 months. Anyway, I expected to see a few newbs since the free trial was going on. What I didn't expect to see was nobody I recognized. I played 10 hours straight last night and several hours today and didn't see one familiar name on-line (buddy llist or in person). Also my guild, Protectors of Avalon was disbanded a month back (e-mail notice).
    Anyway, anyone on eclipse that remembers me, Thunderbolt ? Also used to be called Aragorn Thunderbolt long time ago till soe nerfed my name. I'm looking for a guild on eclipse, need some serious help as I gave away everything last time I quit. Or someone to hang with as well. All my friends are gone, sigh...

*raises hand*

Yes, I'm one of the originals. Been with SWG since day 1.
    I remember checking out Eclipse, but I ended up playing mains on mostly on Sunrunner and Wanderhome. I made accounts on other servers mostly for checking out other parts of the game.

IMHO you should post your question on the Eclispe forums at the official SWG site. Each server has its own forums. You can also try posting on the forums at stractics.com

At this here site of MMORPG.com there are very few SWG players who browse and post here.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

• Originally posted by admriker444
    I see SOE fixed the lag since I was gone, /sarcasm off. Sheesh its worse than ever. It took me 10 min to walk from the bank to the sp in coronet tonight. Then the loading screen (when taking sp) for entering Coronet or Theed takes up to 3 min to load. It nver used to take that long. Also I've upgraded my system since then. The reviewer who stated that lag was awful also said he had improved his system. What gives here, SOE somehow actually made lag worse ?!? How, the server populations are waaayyyy down from when I used to play (1st day - Feb).

This has been said before sooooooo many times. SWG is a memory hog. Stop flirting with minimum memory specs. Also, the memory specs have long ago changed from what is stated on the game box. Right now the recommended memory needed to play SWG is 1.0 GIG of memory.

Get 1.0 GIG of memory (or more)

Use the incredibly detailed options menues to turn down most of the parts that increase lag. Turn down view distance, ground detail, buildings detail, player detail, clound distance, sky detail, plant detail, how many bushes/floral appear.

======= SIGNATURE =========
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

• AgonistesAgonistes Member Posts: 1

I played swg from launch until about 3 months ago. I just reactivated my account this last week to find the same thing. Almost everyone from my friends list is gone. And the few that are still playing are rarely online, so I've been told. 1 week into it and I am bored out of my mind again. Only now I have noone to be bored with.

About the lag... I used to play on 512mb of RAM and the lag was horrible, now I'm on a gig and the lag is non-existent... just a thought.

• SaranthSaranth Member UncommonPosts: 269

I played in beta and am still playing.  I did take a two month break though. 

I have 512MB RAM, 9700pro, 2200+ athlon, SB Live and the LAG for me was terrible.  I recently reformatted and reintalled with all new drivers and it now plays great.

Ikoo - Intrepid

Ikoo - Radiant

I am Saranth.
    AKA Brokenlizard.

Brokenlizard is the ao.warcry.com forum moderator.

You have been served!

Originally posted by En1Gma

Go to Launchpad -> options --> turn off filed cache.  My load screen is usually 30 seconds and my city lag has improved by 80%.  Hehe, Im the one who made the statement that I improved my system and the lag was worse.  However if you turn off file cache, your lag will improve 40 fold

This really helped a lot, thanks ! I was able to leave the eye candy on too. Besides no real point in playing a game with great graphics like SWG if you have to turn everything off. Lag is still there, but I can actually make it through Coronet SP without screen freezing for 10 seconds at a pop. Load screens are much faster now, down to a minute for Theed and Coronet now. This little tidbit of info really needs to be spread around by SOE, who knows how many cancelled accounts they might have prevented.

Originally posted by admriker444

This really helped a lot, thanks ! I was able to leave the eye candy on too. Besides no real point in playing a game with great graphics like SWG if you have to turn everything off. Lag is still there, but I can actually make it through Coronet SP without screen freezing for 10 seconds at a pop. Load screens are much faster now, down to a minute for Theed and Coronet now. This little tidbit of info really needs to be spread around by SOE, who knows how many cancelled accounts they might have prevented.

Glad to be of service image Now, get buffed by a doctor for 10K and go to Dantoinne and slaughter those rebel terrorists!

• unaydonunaydon Member Posts: 116
    yep been there since day one and am still a be /ch dumb hard headed me

• FeebleManFeebleMan Staff WriterMember Posts: 53

New poster here...

I still play, very casually.

As a casual player I find that hoping in to craft some stuff then sell it allows me to interact with a limited degree with the other players. It's far too difficult to find groups to go hunting with in under an hour which is my typical time allowance.

feeb

Steve Wilson
    Staff Writer
    www.mmorpg.com

Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222
    I've been playing since launch, and I'm not going away anytime soon

I saw a familiar name last night, but turned out to be just someone who had bought the account on e-bay. If you ever played on eclipse you'd know the name Mimi. Used to be known as the "poison queen" because of her raids on anchorhead. I was so surprised to see her near coronet that I ran up to her and said hello. I heard e-bay and just left.

Funny thing about this game is it reminds me of real life in that the old phrase "what have you done for me lately" rings so true. I see occasionally some armorsmiths that I used to hunt like crazy for. I'd be the only one who stayed dedicated and bring in the large loads while others ran off to higher bidders. I'd also drop off occasional armor segment loots at no charge. I only bought armor from them and sold them power at a huge discount. Now when I see them I don't even get a "hello, you came back I see... need any help getting going again, etc" I hunted for on armorsmith (who shall remain nameless) for 9 months everyday. The day I came back, I asked him if he could hook me up with a set of Ubese armor and / or a fusion plant or two (as a loan) to get some cash flow going. Didn't even bother to respond. All those late nights I spent burning the midnight oil filling some 100k unit of wooly order and couldnt even give me the courtesy of a "no"

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Mimi!! the spawn of Satan!! heh....i remember Mimi....would terrorise anchorhead, i wouldn't have a clue what was going on then bang! i'm poisoned without attacking her...rofl.

Your experiences of Eclipse mirror my own. Try star wares mall outside of bestine for ubese...125k a set if memory serves me right

Pazza MBH Eclipse all for missing pistol line....tried one handed swords!

Whats your ingame name....i'll shout hello...if only to moan :)

Pan