Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting Rumor...

David_WolfpaDavid_Wolfpa Member Posts: 273

I've heard a Rumor, its just a rumor but what I heard was...

Shadowbanes a good game

Can this be true!? Or is it just lies...

"Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws."

(DEFAULT MMORPG PLAYER SIGNATURE, RANDOM QUOTE FROM SOME INTERNET SITE FOUND ON YAHOO SEARCH TO TRY MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK CLEVER)

Comments

• HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57

Well that depends on what you like in a game however ShadowBane is PvP intense (it's enough to get some carebears to cry for days).  Most of the game content is politically driven, however if someone wanted to follow the lore of ShadowBane it wouldn't be the hardest task in the world (even though most don't).

Currently each of the 6 servers has a purpose:

Corruption - See Vengeance, this server isn't that bad just Vengeance is the exact same and has a larger population at any given time of day.

Damnation - The European server.  This server is always a fun place to see what others are up to.  Generally it's not that easy to understand everyone on this servre but you'll find that looking for fun isn't too hard on this server

Entropy - This is a fun server but you have to have a lot of ram if only because entropy is mainly snow which within ShadowBane seems to take up the most ram at any given time (well not as much as sieges however at sieges there are generally more than 100 people).  Other than a minor chance of some lag issues because of a computer having to render a screen of snow the server is quite fun.  Many people to play along side, some cool, some obnoxious.

Mourning - you're standard RPing Server.

Test - Essentially this is the "What if..." server because xp and gold are basically 10x better than on any other server.  However the server is wiped clean every so often (whenever the developers wish to begin testing an entirely different set of new implimentations).  This is also a good server for finding out the exact method by which everything will be implimented for minor and major changes in the game.

Vengeance - The server where a majority of the hardcore guilds went during various server migrations in the past.

Else wise there are multiple classes, races, and of course each races has it's appearance variations (you know the ability to choose skin color, hair color, beard color, how the hair and beard are styled, gender, and your character's starting equipment (i.e. clothing and type of weapon).

From there I guess the main point if you like to level would be to get to the current softcap at level 75.  Else wise you generally can stop around 60 or whatever point you begin succeeding at PvP and GvG (this is usually around levels 45to 60).

There are other things to do within the game, go to http://www.chronicle.ubi.com for more information.  You can also access their forums and read up on various classes and guilds and get a general feeling for the game.  Also if you need a general description of some equipment, items, runes, etc... head on over to http://www.aerynth.com.

::::20::

• David_WolfpaDavid_Wolfpa Member Posts: 273

Thank you,

I tried the game a little while ago but only briefly, I may try it again and see how I like it.

Thanks for your detailed and informative response.

"Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws."

(DEFAULT MMORPG PLAYER SIGNATURE, RANDOM QUOTE FROM SOME INTERNET SITE FOUND ON YAHOO SEARCH TO TRY MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK CLEVER)

• sliversliver Member Posts: 132

its a rumor alright, but hardly interesting

• sysdesignersysdesigner Member UncommonPosts: 1

ShadowBane is the best MMORPG that I have ever played. I am taking a break for a while, but I am going to go back to it soon.

::::28::

• citariacitaria Member Posts: 3

Great game for PVP if you are into that.  Pretty brutal.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Mmmmm...PVP !

• jantzen05jantzen05 Member Posts: 5

I do love Shadowbane, since there is no safe spot in the game for exp and thereis a lot politics in the game.

I also like the presure thats comes with the game. Eg that you can loose your capitol.

The have a very good character system and you can make many different type of warriors and arnt locked like in DAoC.

Also there isnt the region split up, so that everody can make the same type of characters and there is no whining over some to powerful chars the other part have.

I have grown really fun of this game yes and I havnt found any good altenatives.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    I've played shadowbane since final beta and all in all it is a fun game, but it has gotten somewhat boring...  Fewer and fewer people online and more and more smack talkers has ruined some of the fun in the game.  I sincerely hope that the thrown of oblivion add on will revitalize this game for me and bring in some new players.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• kosdethkosdeth Member UncommonPosts: 36

Shadowbane is a game where anything goes. Is easily the best PvP game going by far.

I've played this game since release and played nearly every day since. I've played near every class and race and have thousnads of kills under my belt.

This game allows you to kill at will! For example you could be a low level, say lvl 25 or something, and your out wondering for a group to xp with. you come across one and ask to join. Lets say the group you see just ignores you and wont invite you, so you can either leave and find another group, beg them to join or my favourite start killing them.

The fighting in this game is very fast paced , and battles last only a few seconds at times. Yaya once your off noob isle a lvl 75 can come and whack your lvl 25 guy, but that gives a sense or realism to the game. also shows you the importance of grouping , guilding , and having stealth and track for soloers.

The first time you go to a siege is what will really hook and real you into this game. Theres nothing that  gets your hands sweating and adrenalin going like a 100 on 100 person battle. It can be very Chaotic and intense, but most of all its fun as hell!

So If you like being able to kill who ya want when you want, and are prepared to face the consiquences, of makin enemy  guilds , revenge from alts, or just a well known PK'r this is the game for you!

This game is the best PvP game on the market atm. I've played em all I know.

so try it out and PLAY To Crush!

Kosdeth

• MaximosMaximos Member UncommonPosts: 80

was a good game with good fights, now its nothing more then l337 speak and annoyingling obnoxious people. It was a good game, but now all and all the people take it too seriously and its less of a game more of a chore. Better games out there.

• ModarModar Member Posts: 24

This game is an utter WASTE OF TIME!!!

This past person that posted here must work for UBI or WoldPack.  Because this game sucks so much it could suck a giant water melon thru a hose.  Without even trying.

Please don't go waste your money there!

They have such bad lag it's not funny.  The intense PvP he talks about usually doesn't happen, because your so lagged out you can't fight.

It is also so boring it's not funny!  All you do is lvl your toon and then fight if you can find a good one and that's it!  Nothing else!  No Quests! No nothing! Graphics Suck! Game Play Sucks!  This game has seen it's last and if you waste your nickle go do it in K-Mart.  At least you can say you have something.  Do not play or even think about this game! ROFLMAO

They have bugs in that game that have been there since they first released it. The cheating is so out of control that you don't really stand a chance playing there.  There is no balancing in the game despite the fact they keep trying to balance, they just keep mucking it up.

This game is one BIG CLUSTER F**K ! 

Pack man is much better than this game!  LOL What esle you want to know??

ROFLMAO imageimageimageimage

• TooL-D-TooL-D- Member CommonPosts: 126

Best PvP game on the market.

If you into questing, eye candy, and level grinds, go to WoW.

If your into killing people, burning your enemy to the ground, and playing a game to CRUSH. Play Shadowbane.

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548
    Best PvP concept.  Terrible execution.  Poor CS.  Poor graphics.  Poor engine.  Poor devs.  I could go on adn on but I will not.  Concept and actual game are different things.  Yes SB has the best PvP concept but the friggin game is crap.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• sevlow16sevlow16 Member Posts: 8

Thats nice

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548

Originally posted by sevlow16

Thats nice

Yes the truth is nice.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• CoolWatersCoolWaters Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Two thumbs up from me.  What SB will do is ruin all other MMOs.  Once you experience SB at high levels, most other games make you want to puke.
  • Maverick827Maverick827 Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by CoolWaters
    Two thumbs up from me.  What SB will do is ruin all other MMOs.  Once you experience SB at high levels, most other games make you want to puke.

Truth...

-WoW

-SWG

-Horizons

-L2

-CoH

-GW

-Daoc

...could not interest me after playing Shadowbane.

• Edward78Edward78 Member Posts: 245

Their is no equal that is true, I am thinking about coming back, the low pop. bothers me though. I have to give WP porps for being the only company with the balls to do something besides another PvE MMORPG.