Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-order and release date...'08?

I went to Gamestop.com to check out the pre order and to see if they had a release date on this game.. 1/21/08. I havent seen anything official or any other dates mentioned 'cept from here. Has anyone else seen a release date?

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=Pirates+of+the+Burning+Sea&N=0

Comments

• freakomarfreakomar Member Posts: 415

They just assume that, trust me.

Played almost everything...
    Currently playing nothing...
    Waiting for: Darkfall, WAR, Guild Wars 2.

• hazmatshazmats Member Posts: 1,081

Rusty says those dates are guess.

Expect an announcement of the release date in 2 weeks (Rusty hinted at it saying "I think what you really want will be announced on 1st week of October)

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

well lets just hope thats all there doing :(

• DremacDremac Member Posts: 187

Those dates are never right, they're just what the store puts there for...whatever reason.

We have no idea what the release date is, as always we're told it's going to be announced soon.  Hopefully it ends in 2007.  

• letum6030letum6030 Member Posts: 206

I work part-time for Gamestop.  I asked my supervisor about the dates on the site being wrong a lot of the times.  He said that it is a placeholder.  They put the date in (a lot of the times random date) so that they can have the game on their website.  Kinda weird if  you ask me.

• phrogphrog Member Posts: 15

That is just a place holder date for the computer systems from the different game stores.

Rusty has siad in 2 weeks/First week of October he will have the release date to give.  So best guessis just wait for that.

As for Oct 23, I sugest you wait until then and walk into the game store of your choice and pick up the game then to buy.  You get some nice stuff forthe pre-order.  I do not suggest getting anything before then.

I will say this.  I am a little dissappointed in FLS yesterday though.  I did not expect the release date, but I thought something would have been said about the state of the beta or more invites or something.  I do not think I read too much into the dev interviews and postings, but I think we were led to believe more would have been siad besides a pre-order date. 

And they had the time all day to post whatever they had to post, so I do not think that "they were busy" is gonna cut it.  yeah they had a party and all that, but they should have taken care of business first before they partied. 

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772

As has been said their just estimates, and are never informed choices either. I believe you can preorder duke nukem forever at some stores lol

Btw why are people getting disappointed ? they have released loads of information about the game so far, think you guys are getting spoiled tbh this is the only game in development where the devs are so active with their community.

Plus they never promised anything, said they will be making a educational and interesting announcement. I take it the interesting bit is those two people i have never heard of being in game and the educational bit would be they now have a set time frame they will be launching in, they just haven't given an exact date.

Or it could be the otherway around, either way they have provided you guys with information just like they said they would, apparently theres 2 people that are meant to be talking about the game more as well at some point.

• DremacDremac Member Posts: 187

It would have been fine if they had just announced it, it was the fact that they hyped it up like it was going to be something special that annoyed some people.  And before anyone says they didn't...yes, they did, there was a recent dev post that acknowledged that and apologized for it.  And while we weren't expecting a solid release date even something like "it's definitely going to hit the shelves in 2007" would have been nice.

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

They're actually prity accurate from my past experience...e.g. they guessed Vanguard to the exact date 6 months before release date was announced..so we shall see.

• KilivinKilivin Member Posts: 43

Just wait and see : )

• DeadJesterDeadJester Member Posts: 499

its a ways off but i cant wait  i will be buying a pre order and will see you all in game .

• CerraCerra Member Posts: 44

Well I guess gamestop had thier information right this time. They were off by 1 day.....

• KilivinKilivin Member Posts: 43

OMG!!!! I can get the game for my birthday!!! SWEET