Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A review of Lunia: Record of Lunia war

I was amazed at how well done Lunia, a Free MMORPG game, is. It fells like a normal Personal Computer game, that one would spend $20-$40 on, and yet its not. One can solo a good chuck of Lunia, which is good as it lets you learn your way around the game world.  However Lunia, like most MMORPGs, really shine when you play with other people. Teaming up helps defeat some of the higher level bosses, as well as gives a nice EXP bonus. But what really drives Lunia: Record of Lunia War is its loveable characters, its interesting story, and the 2D/3D graphics.

While still in an open beta Lunia is a different type of MMORPG altogether, rather than have different races. The “Roll” that one picks is actually a different character from the story. You have “Sieg” who is the Knight class, Fast attacks with a sword, while slightly dim witted Sieg still knows his way around a sword and it shows. Princess Eir is the Healer class, while a little “high and mighty” Eir has a kind heart and is very caring, ready to help any one who is hurt Eir more then makes up for her “High and Mightyness” and last but not least you have Dainn the Wizard, Dainn is an adviser to Princess Eir and kind of a guide to the party in genral, while Sieg is good with a sword, Dainn sits back and blasts his opponent with magic spells. These three charaters make up the foundation of the story that feels as if one is watching an anime.

While it is hard to judge a story while a game is still in beta, and as such has a lot of grammar and spelling errors from translation in to English, the people over at Allm have done a good job in making sure the main points carry over in the cutscenes. The story has a fantastic feel to it but it also has a grounded point. The story starts with the humans and Orcs at war,  Sieg being the son of a mercenary has been given a letter to go met with a family friend in another town, easily getting lost Sieg climes a tree to get his barrings and accidentally falls out of it in to the mist of Eir and Dainn, soon the party realizes that they are headed the same way and team up to get there, when they arrive at the town they soon find it under attack. After fighting off the orcs the party soon realizes that there is more going on then just a war, the fate of the world stands in the partys hands. And from there anything is posable.

While I normally don’t like games who focus only on graphics, Lunia has done a great job it making the Graphics a part of the game and not the sole point of the game. While its rather hard to Play Lunia with a 4 Megabyte video card, takes a while to draw some of the spell graphics, Lunia still looks nice while one is jamming the attack key in hopes that it keeps one alive. The zoom in when one casts a powerful attack is a nice touch making one feel like they are watching an anime rather then playing a game.

All in all I would give Lunia an 9 out of 10, while yes Lunia is still in beta this rating shows actually how good the game is, while the spelling and grammar needs a little help, ok a lot of help, the rest of the game is solid from the characters to the little artwork in the square. If any of you wish to play look me up on the Soldin (US/Europe) server under the name of Phlons, I’m sure me and Sieg would be glad to give you a few pointers. ^_^