Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do Banes work?

vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

I am not sure if I will have time to try Shadowbane anytime soon so was hoping you guys could help me. I do have some Shadowbane PVP vids I have enjoyed watching. anyway to be direct-

How do the Banes work? It would seem like to me, after a guild declares they going to attack your city and the siege begins it could go on forever and the defenders would be up all night long in defense. So- how did the game handlke this? Was there a time limit to a siege? Do people just give up?

I am just wondering if my town gets sieged how long will I have to stay up in defense? is there a harsh death penalty to discouraging the enemy from running back into battle after death? Is the durability penalty so hard on armor this discourages people from running back?

looks like an awesome game but it is confusing to figure out by just watching the PVP vids.

Comments

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by vajuras

I am not sure if I will have time to try Shadowbane anytime soon so was hoping you guys could help me. I do have some Shadowbane PVP vids I have enjoyed watching. anyway to be direct-
    How do the Banes work? It would seem like to me, after a guild declares they going to attack your city and the siege begins it could go on forever and the defenders would be up all night long in defense. So- how did the game handlke this? Was there a time limit to a siege? Do people just give up?

I am just wondering if my town gets sieged how long will I have to stay up in defense? is there a harsh death penalty to discouraging the enemy from running back into battle after death? Is the durability penalty so hard on armor this discourages people from running back?

looks like an awesome game but it is confusing to figure out by just watching the PVP vids.
    When you bane a city, A giant stone  is dropped near the city.  So when a bane begins, the defenders goal is to destroy the stone outside the city, and the attackers goal is to destroy the tree of life inside the city. So the defenders can destroy the stone to end the bane.

Depending where the attackers nearest allied city is, it may take 5 to 10  minutes or more for the enemy to run back after they have been wiped out.

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

oh that sounds like a really well thought out system. thanks a lot I was curious how they solved the problem that plagues other MMOs- "endless wars" that have no purpose. so thats whats going on in the vid I saw

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Yes indeed one of the best pvp systems ever. Don't expect much solo or pve content though.