Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which game should i buy?

should i buy guild wras facton, nightfall, or eye of the north?

Comments

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

If you don't already have one of the original 3 campaigns, you can scratch Eye of the North off your list. That leaves Prophecies, Factions or Nightfall. If you plan on buying Eye of the North, I'd just buy Prophecies, since you'll get 10 heroes in Eye of the North. Prophecies is the easiest to learn and has the best starting area. If you don't want that, buy Nightfall. Factions is geared more to players who already know the game and want to PvP.

• prince0zukoprince0zuko Member Posts: 12

If you don't have any of the stand-alone games already, you can't buy EotN (Eye of the North). So you have to choose from Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, and Guild Wars Nightfall. If you plan on not evtentually getting another (or all 3) games, I don't recomend you purchase Guild Wars(1). This is becuase the game content for PvP(Player vs Player) is not as advanced as in the other 2 games, and may be unenjoyable. If you buy Guild Wars(1) and later buy Guild Wars Factions or Nightfall, the PvP system is overlapped. Overall the PvE(RPG, Player vs Environment) in the 3 games is enjoyable. If you buy one of the games and buy EotN you can enjoy more content and skills. EotN is not like a standalone game, but an expansion that gives more stuff to do. I wish you luck and an enjoable time in the Guild Wars universe.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

All of them, as they are so damned cheap

imageimage

• DenearionDenearion Member Posts: 48

That's not the piont, is that? When smn ask which buy it means he doesn't want to buy all. And hte're not that cheap for everyone - in my country it will be about 400 or more and it is really much money when i think it's all for game.

Me too have this problem - i like playing dnd monk-like characters and also druid-like characters. I heard, that some martial artist is in factions, but than someone mentioned that for the beginning the bast is base guild wars, bcs there are 10 characters... it means that with factions only i'll be able to play simply 2 characters?

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by Denearion

That's not the piont, is that? When smn ask which buy it means he doesn't want to buy all. And hte're not that cheap for everyone - in my country it will be about 400 or more and it is really much money when i think it's all for game.
    Me too have this problem - i like playing dnd monk-like characters and also druid-like characters. I heard, that some martial artist is in factions, but than someone mentioned that for the beginning the bast is base guild wars, bcs there are 10 characters... it means that with factions only i'll be able to play simply 2 characters?
    No, all three chapters have access to the core six professions, however, Factions adds Assasin's and Ritualists and Nightfall adds paragons and Dervish's

And yes, i admit they aren't cheap in all countries, as exchange rates and local taxes make a difference, but going by the average, most areas have all three chapters in bargain bins now anyway

imageimage