Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game update?

RanddRandd Member Posts: 409

Anyone still playing this game? Is there any improvement yet? Always wanted to try, but the forums comments have kept me away.

Comments

• CoinsCoins Member Posts: 12

Yes, the great Ulpius Marcellus has come to Corstopitum. He hints of a possible march north to the remains of Antonine's wall when he gets the authority to do so. There is also suspicion that Pictish warbands will be moving south to meet the Romans.

Also guildhalls, new equipment, structures and possibly new skills are to be introduced. Some of the officers have already been given scutae as generous gifts. You can find out more on the RV forums.

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

the game is a piece of shit. KFR (lead dev) needs to get his head out his ass. Escalation is now...almost 5 months over due, the animal spawn script doesn't work correctly, there are still a shit load of bugs.

I used to love this game and stand up for hte devs but now i see that KFR is immature, anything he doesn't like to hear he just locks or deletes the post/thread, even if it is the truth.

Save your money and go somewhere else.

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

i agree with everything virtus said. this game sucks badly , its getting worst, people are leaving every week.

• QuestionableQuestionable Member Posts: 653

The game in its current state is doing badly. The only thing to do for now is to join a guild and grind until you max out your skills and then help others grind. I hope that with this escalation patch that they fix some of the grind and not just add a new thing to grind.

nope, jusr adding to it

• QuestionableQuestionable Member Posts: 653

Originally posted by Virtus

nope, jusr adding to it

I can only pray that they give us some pleasant surprise.

The lag made by NPC agro or battles in the main town is also amusing, 2 minutes

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

the only board that has problems currently with lag and tracking is corstopitum, we have had many many lag free battles on other boards with no problem.

The Forum comments are made by trolls who are angry at RB befcause they don't get their way, they may be adults but they act like spoiled children.

My advice is take the dive and try it out! the Community is helpful and i'm sure you will like the game.

People like Virtus are hardly in game and contribute nothing to it.

Originally posted by Vepgenus

the only board that has problems currently with lag and tracking is corstopitum, we have had many many lag free battles on other boards with no problem.
    The Forum comments are made by trolls who are angry at RB befcause they don't get their way, they may be adults but they act like spoiled children.
    My advice is take the dive and try it out! the Community is helpful and i'm sure you will like the game.
    People like Virtus are hardly in game and contribute nothing to it.

ROFL, you amuse me, I could start a flame war but won't.

Sure, you will like the game for about a month when you get sick of crafting your 100th bench. As for me people like Hercules can tell ya i used to be one of the biggest fan boys around, but I have seen the truth.

As for contribute nothing? No I don't cuz they don't deserve  anything for being 5 months late with an update. Would you give a waiter a tip if he was 20 min late with your food or did his minimum effort? No

Don't get my way? I ask for nothing but a fun game, if thats trolling then every gamer is a troll. Sure then community is helpful but how does that help after you have been playing and have crafted everything imaginable within a month or 2?

As for battles, besides the rebellion we have made I haven't seen too many.

However, when needed I do contribute my little share in my own way...however i havn't had to do anything for awhile

Also, if the game is so great why are there 5600ish accounts but only about 150 players?

• MrDDTMrDDT Member UncommonPosts: 276

Vep try to use those comments vs me.

Ive played since release of this game. Ive made more money in the game then any 1 person. I own many buildings and Im in one of the largest guilds.

Ive also have 5 accounts, Ive been playing very active. Unlike people like Vep who hasnt been there since the start.

RB has lied a few times already about releasing things. Like how big the map was, working animals, ranged combat. Many other things.

Having said all that I believe that RV can be a great game however, it will take a long time to get there. The update that many people are waiting for to make the game good enough to tell a friend to play, or just log in, I highly doubt will be all that good, and Im willing to bet full of bugs.

If you were to wait 1 year from now, I believe the game will be much more fun and ironed out. But right now, I wouldnt tell anyone to put 1$ into this game unless they are willing to just give money to RB for working on a game. Because at the end of the day you will fail to have any more fun then reading the forums and talking with friends in IRC because thats all you can really do with this game. Playing it just isnt that fun right now because its lacking so much.

Virtus is a bit bitter for a few reasons but stil he makes valid points. People like Vep are fan boys and will change his toon after he gets screwed over by RB. Right now he is in RB's favor because his account got hacked and RB gave it back to him, and made a statement that they wouldnt be doing it again.

Take my advice or dont, but I say wait a year then try it. Read the forums wait for people to start saying GOOD things about it, about things that are IN the game. Not about community or how much it COULD be.

If you just want to do something and have nothing else better to do, and have the money, sure toss some money into RV, but dont expect it to be good, or easy, or get better anytime soon.

-MrDDT

• PlancusPlancus Member Posts: 3

Well, I can say that I am one of those people who tried to be optimistic about the game. You know, those guys who dislike some aspects, but are always hoping that things will get better. When I used to read angry posts, I just used to think "Let's just wait."

Now?

I give up 

Mind you, Vepgenus... I'm a fairly experienced player, with an account which dates back to Gamma. I might not be much famous, but I did play this game a lot, before you even knew RV. Go and ask the majority of veterans if they are actually enjoying the game. You won't find many. Players who are there since the time of the old engine (pre-beta) are long gone.

I am not going to come out and bash everyone, but something is clearly lacking in RV.

No matter what people say... I say KFR is deluded... he is in some sort of power trip. He has his mind set on an objective for the game, which would be commendable IF that actually was beneficial for the players. I doubt that with the exception of the rare odd ball, pretty much everyone in this game is disappointed. When the developers know something is wrong, what do they do? Think of ways to actually save the game. Does KFR do that? No. That has been going on for months.

I foresee Escalation will be a pile of rubbish... and that is coming from a player who has been waiting for advanced construction since he first entered the game world. I don't see how that will improve the game in noticeable ways. (By the way, that was supposed to be implemented 4 months ago).

It's really sad. I remember those newbies who logged in for the first time and were walking around all excited after seeing the lies (or should I say, half-truths?) in RV's webpage and blindly ordering the game.

So all in all, MrDDT summed up everything pretty nicely. Give money to RedBedlam if you want, but I would advise anyone to donate it to some charity or something instead... at least you'll feel much better.