Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does the gaming system work?

Basically, until recently I've been playing NWN, but then I got bored of it and went to this site to find a new game. I decided to take a look at guild wars, and I was wondering if people could answer a few questions for me?

How does PvE combine with PvP? Can people in different campaigns interact with each other?

And, of course, Which campaign should I start off with? (Take note that I'm one of those people who does exactly the opposite of whatever the other person recommends, so, if you really want me to get a certain campaign, tell me the opposite of what you really think because then I'll think that what you think is the opposite of what you actually think so ill get the opposite of that... Wait a second, that doesn't make any sense. Just tell me whatever and i'll get whatever.)

Blackie Monster? No. Just, No.

Comments

• ExtropyExtropy Member UncommonPosts: 2

1. PvP and PvE don't combine at all, there is no world PvP, only instanced arena style PvP. Only alliance battles somewhat influence pvp, but the influence is minimal. (a meaningless border on the map that nobody really cares about).

2. People in different campaigns can interact with each other, the only restrictions are geographical - meaning, each campaign has its own continent, Prohpecies - Tyria, Factions - Cantha, Nightfall - Elona. You can't travel to continents for campaigns you don't have, but you can normally interact with all players currently on your continent. So if you have only Factions and a buddy has only Nightfall, you can't play together, you need to both own at least one campaign.

3. IMHO the best thing to buy, if you're new to the game, is the Guild Wars Platinum Edition http://www.guildwars.com/products/platinum/

Basically, you get both the prophecies campaign (the best one) and the Eye of the North expansion pack for just a bit more money than any single campaign.

P.S. Forgot to mention this before, if you want to do alliance battles you need to own Factions, and you need Nightfall if you want to try hero battles.