Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F2P or P2P?

KrivladKrivlad Member Posts: 34

I've heard some very good things about Shadowbane, and I'm interested in trying it out.
I checked its overview here, and it said that it was F2P, that you just downloaded it for free off the official website and played, no monthly fee or anything.
But then I went to the official website and it said that I had to buy it first.
So now, I'm confused, which is it?

Former Hard Core member at only 25 posts.

Comments

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

its free. Check the sticky post at the top of this forum

• KrivladKrivlad Member Posts: 34

Well I went to the official website, and all I could see is BUY IT NOW! or 15 DAY FREE TRIAL!

Could someone clear this up for me please? If you're going to post to re-direct me somewhere, you could at least make things clear.

Former Hard Core member at only 25 posts.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

They have not updated the links (in over a year) to show the game as being free now. Your notice no credit card is required to setup an Active account, and you can download an older version of the game from gamers hell or fileplanet, or you can download the newest version in a zip file as a torrent that is being hosted by the current developers of Shadowbane (Ubisoft isnt paying them for hosting the torrent, they love Shadowbane so Ashen himself made it and is hosting it). The torrent also includes a couple of player created skins.

Get the torrent here.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• trojandrewtrojandrew Member Posts: 7

OMG SB is f2p now!?!?!?! AWESOME. i LOVED this game back in the day, better believe i'll be dl-ing this and joining the madness!

MMO's Played: EQ, DAoC, Shadowbane, Lineage II, City of Heroes, EVE Online, WoW
    Current Subscriptions: EVE Online, WoW