Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Your own Opinion.

EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

What makes a great GW toon for PvP?

I am new to the GW scene and decided to try it out. I been rolling a Warrior/Necro. (I am assuming this classification would be close to a Shadowknight)

Is there any advantages on using a hybrid class? Or can you just run a straight class without getting a 2nd profession?

And last but not least is their any good tips you folks know of?

Thanks!

Comments

• SecromSecrom Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

What makes a great GW toon for PvP?
    Careful skill selection (synergies) and smart use of those, not too spread out attribute points, coordination with team, item mods that match your skill bar... In a nutshell: "you" :)

I am new to the GW scene and decided to try it out. I been rolling a Warrior/Necro. (I am assuming this classification would be close to a Shadowknight)
    Is there any advantages on using a hybrid class? Or can you just run a straight class without getting a 2nd profession?
    In PvP a single class is perfectly viable, though getting a second profession may add flexibility and open up new build paths. For PvE you simply can't advance in the storyline wihtout choosing a secondary (anymore).

And last but not least is their any good tips you folks know of?
    A bit too vague a question , but I wouldn't start a PvP character right off the bat, might be too overwhelming. If you still want to do so, make sure you do your homework and get to know the underlying mechanics, skills and such.

Thanks!
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS
    What makes a great GW toon for PvP?By combining the different skills you can cause builds that are good. They can do what they were intended for very good and so on. This is done through combining the skills wisely.An example is this build which combines Avatar of Melandru with Wearying Strike to counter the Weakness that you suffer from with Wearying Strike.I am new to the GW scene and decided to try it out. I been rolling a Warrior/Necro. (I am assuming this classification would be close to a Shadowknight)
    Is there any advantages on using a hybrid class?I play W/N myself and it works quite good. Although in the beginning you won't have access to all skills so you will usually tend to play W/Any. But later on as your progress you will come across some good skills. Many of the better builds are built around using both a primary and secondary attribute.Or can you just run a straight class without getting a 2nd profession?You can. But in the end game content you will usually play with skills from both your secondary and main profession. Not always though.And last but not least is their any good tips you folks know of?Don't use Frenzy when tanking. Check out this if your new to the Prophecies campaign. Also check out this.If your not playing the prophecies campaign check out this for factions and this for nightfall.Thanks!

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Thanks for the excellent advice and links