Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars Question

BleurenBleuren Member UncommonPosts: 29

Hello, I'm somewhat  new to the MMORPG community. So if this is a bit off topic, please correct me...

I downloaded "Guild Wars: Nightfall" but I launch the program and it comes up with "Eye of the North" or something similar to that... Anyhow, what I'm trying to get to is, does anyone have a "Trial Key" because, I don't have one, or an Access Key. I didn't want to pay $50 for a game I haven't tried.

If someone does have a 'Trail' key for my version of the game, Can you please send it to me, via pm.

Thank you,

Bleuren

**Edit: Removed Email, didn't know about the inbox.

Faclare - LoTR Elendilmir

Comments

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

That's more of an advertisment for the expansion that was recently released.

To play Nighfall, which is a previous and stand-alone product, create an account using your email as the user name.  When you add the product key to  the account, done. You play Nightfall.

I do not think there is a buddy key or trial key out anywhere. To play it, I think you gotta pay to full 40. But I suggest you play Nighfall first. Eye of the North is targeted only for lvl 20 characters.

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by Bleuren

Hello, I'm somewhat  new to the MMORPG community. So if this is a bit off topic, please correct me...
    I downloaded "Guild Wars: Nightfall" but I launch the program and it comes up with "Eye of the North" or something similar to that... Anyhow, what I'm trying to get to is, does anyone have a "Trial Key" because, I don't have one, or an Access Key. I didn't want to pay $50 for a game I haven't tried.

If someone does have a 'Trail' key for my version of the game, Can you please send it to me, via pm.

Ok, had quite a few people get foxed by this

Anyway, Nightfall is part of a larger game called, funnily enough, Guild Wars

They are all part of the same game, however as mentioned above here, the latest chapter/expansion has always been advertised, the latest release being the expansion, Eye of th North...  There is a slight difference though, as you can start an account and new characters with any of the first three (Guild Wars, Factions or Nightfall), but you need one of those others to add/play Eye of the North and Eye of the North has no starting areas, its all max level content...

One more thing, welcome to the MMORPG community and Guild Wars is a good start and I'd reccomend searching around for the cheapest prices for them all (as they can be had for £10/$19.99 each in some places) and get the three chapters so you have all the major storylines/content and then get Eye of the North later... And if your in America, i believe there is a trial pack you can purchase in some places for $1.99 and that same little trial pack is soon to be released over Europe aswell, however some nice people here may have buddy keys left over, I would send you one, but I gave them all to friends, sorry.

But Guild Wars ISN'T an MMO like World of Warcraft or Lineage or city of Heroes, etc, its more like the older Diablo 2 Battle.Net...  Unlike traditional MMO's, its 100% instanced, meaning apart from in towns/outposts, you never see anyone else apart from those in your group/team and the game is completely team driven, so look around the recruiting threads for a guild, as finding a group of regular players is a hit and miss exercise in futility sometimes

But even so, I've been playing the game for nearly 3 years including the beta's and since release I've racked up nearly 6,000 playing in game in the nearly 2 and a half years in game, so I like it and if you get them, PM me and I'll give you a hand

~Lone

imageimage

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Let me see if I have this correct. If I buy GW:EN (even though I am only level 10 on my main - prophecies) I can play Nightfall on my account for a certain amount of time? (14 days or 14 hours?)

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

Let me see if I have this correct. If I buy GW:EN (even though I am only level 10 on my main - prophecies) I can play Nightfall on my account for a certain amount of time? (14 days or 14 hours?)

Depends where you buy it, if you buy from a store, then yes, it comes with a free trial of Nightfall and factions which gives you 14days or 10 hours (whichever you hit first) to try them out     

imageimage