Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

going to try Jumpgate, anyone want to come with?

Swiftblade13Swiftblade13 Member Posts: 638

I'll only be playing a couple nights a week because I am currently one week into a ten week class that is taking up most of my free time. 

Things you should know:

The graphics suck... its 7 years old and looks like Wing Commander 1 or 2. 

You need a joystick (Sidewinder force feedback 2 recommended most highly of all joysticks)

Flight is like real space flight, not an airplane.  Once you thrust in a particular direction you continue in that direction till you thrust another way.. regardless of what direction you point yourself in.  Aside from that this game plays and looks like an online version of Wing Commander. 

This game is about player skill, not stats.  Its an action game not an RPG.

If you are interested in playing with me send me a PM, I have a ventrilo server.

I will update this thread as I gain experience and give more details as well as post a newbie review.

Grymm
MMO addict in recovery!
EQ,SWG preCU,L2,EQ2,GW,CoH/CoV,V:SOH,
Aion,AoC,TR,WAR,EVE,BP,RIFT,WoW and others... no more!

Comments

• CrooklynCrooklyn Member Posts: 7

A lot of people play with a mouse FYI.......

-Crooklyn

• Swiftblade13Swiftblade13 Member Posts: 638

Every jumpgate forum I have been to has said that a Joystick is highly recommended.  Jumpgate Evolution they say the mouse keyboard combo are going to work a lot better.

The game is playable without a joystick right now, but the players say its not very good.

Grymm
    MMO addict in recovery!
    EQ,SWG preCU,L2,EQ2,GW,CoH/CoV,V:SOH,
    Aion,AoC,TR,WAR,EVE,BP,RIFT,WoW and others... no more!

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

I wanted to try jumpgate because I was going to use it to gauge my interest in Jumpgate Evolution, however, the free trial requires putting a credit card up front and remembering to cancel your account before the trial ends to prevent being charged, and I just don't feel like keeping track of that.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• MiexonMiexon Vendetta Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 181

im definately interested in Jumpgate although like stated the CC makes me nervous of getting charged on a game that i might not like.

Member of the Phoenix Alliance Guild
    in Vendetta Online
    www.vendetta-online.com

• 12-franks12-franks Member Posts: 10

this game def looks gay and i would not even waist my time on it

the graphics suck and they cant copy the classic concept from stargate even if they came out with the game before stargate worlds was introduced

jumpgate evolution is gonna be just as bad bc they came out with this piece of crap beforehand

• KvaserKvaser Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by 12-franks

this game def looks gay and i would not even waist my time on it
    the graphics suck and they cant copy the classic concept from stargate even if they came out with the game before stargate worlds was introduced
    jumpgate evolution is gonna be just as bad bc they came out with this piece of crap beforehand

Err mind me for asking but what are you talking about?

• LadyDracoeLadyDracoe Member Posts: 14

I'm back, and I am looking forward to JGE, Try the game u might be surprised.

From the stars we where born and to the stars we will one day return

• seanseanseansean Member Posts: 119

I'd like to try the original jumpgate, just to get used to their flight model..anyone know if you'll be able to transfer items from  jumpgate to jumpgate evolution?