It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
UPDATED 11:55AM PDT - Added a final step to the process for clarification.
In order to add an extra layer of password security, new accounts are required to choose a security challenge question and answer. However, existing accounts can also add this - and we strongly recommend that all our players do so. Instructions after the jump:
To add a security challenge question to your account, please do the following:
- Visit the Account Management page.
- Select "Create Account." (Yes, this is counterintuitive.)
- Select "Already have a member account" and log in using your EA member account. NOTE: this may be different than your UO account name - in particular, older accounts may follow the pattern "uo_youruoaccountname."
- The next screen should give you the option to select a security question. Follow all prompts to create a security challenge question and answer. Type carefully, and choose an answer that only you would know.
- Hit "Cancel" - unless, of course, you want to actually create another UO account The security question will be applied to your account.
This security question will be used whenever someone requests a password for that account. If you forget your answer, you will have to contact Customer Support to get it reset. We strongly encourage everyone to take advantage of this feature!