Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anything for a new player in Eye of the North ?

Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

I have all the previous expansion and planning to start over.  Is there anything EN has to offer to a new player or is it just high level stuff, or for peoples who've already completed all the other chapters ?

Comments

  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    • Enter the Depths—Explore a sprawling underground complex of caverns that spans an entire continent, promising 18 multi-level dungeons rife with traps, puzzles, and secret passages. Should you make it past these obstacles, you'll face foes more cunning and more powerful than anything you've seen before.

       
    • You Can Take It with You—Your achievements, trophies, and titles from Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North will not be forgotten. Your Hall of Monuments will preserve them until your descendants can claim them in Guild Wars 2.

       
    • 10 New Heroes—Enlist the aid of Heroes from races old and new, including the barbarian Norn, the magical Asura, and even a few surprises.

       
    • 150 New Skills—Play with skills unlike anything previously seen in Guild Wars, such as the Light of Deldrimor, which can simultaneously detect hidden objects and smite evil foes.

       
    • 40 New Armor Sets—A combination of powerful, new sets and rare, stand-alone pieces worthy of the great heroes of the land.

    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486


    Originally posted by Kenze

    [*]Enter the Depths—Explore a sprawling underground complex of caverns that spans an entire continent, promising 18 multi-level dungeons rife with traps, puzzles, and secret passages. Should you make it past these obstacles, you'll face foes more cunning and more powerful than anything you've seen before.

    [*]You Can Take It with You—Your achievements, trophies, and titles from Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North will not be forgotten. Your Hall of Monuments will preserve them until your descendants can claim them in Guild Wars 2.

    [*]10 New Heroes—Enlist the aid of Heroes from races old and new, including the barbarian Norn, the magical Asura, and even a few surprises.
    [*]150 New Skills—Play with skills unlike anything previously seen in Guild Wars, such as the Light of Deldrimor, which can simultaneously detect hidden objects and smite evil foes.
    40 New Armor Sets—A combination of powerful, new sets and rare, stand-alone pieces worthy of the great heroes of the land.

    I still must say that I think that the upcoming WoW expansion has something I wanted in GW:EN... new dances!

    From what I've heard the expansion should be cool. I was a pissed when I saw there was only 100 new skills and no new elite ones. I'm pretty much only interested in designing builds and I was really hoping for new elite skills.

    The expansion was made for already existing characters and has no new starting areas and such. So starting all over in GW:EN is not possible, you can only enter it once you're lvl 20, and it helps out if you got some good armor and so on.

    image

    image

  • 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

    Originally posted by Aguitha


    I have all the previous expansion and planning to start over.  Is there anything EN has to offer to a new player or is it just high level stuff, or for peoples who've already completed all the other chapters ?
    Technically you do not have to finish any of the other chapters to play GW:EN...just have to be level 20.  That being said someone can reach level 20 very easily and may end up jumping into GW:EN and finding it extremely difficult.  It would be best for someone to fight against the end game mobs in any of the chapters to get a taste of the AI they would be up against.  The mobs in EN are some of the most challenging (and fun) that I have faced in any of the games.

    If you have already experienced fighting against high end mobs, then you can enjoy EN once you have your character to level 20.  Grab those heroes and have fun.

    "It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

  • elsheen3389elsheen3389 Member Posts: 6

    You Need to be lvl 20 to enter the GWEN places

  • gil0gil0 Member Posts: 32

    Originally posted by Godliest

     


     
    I was a pissed when I saw there was only 100 new skills and no new elite ones.


    and did you think about al the skill that you can get whit reputation points

    Be nice and click this link
    miniconomy and play the best online text based trade game on the net.

  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486


    Originally posted by gil0
    Originally posted by Godliest


    I was a pissed when I saw there was only 100 new skills and no new elite ones.
    and did you think about al the skill that you can get whit reputation pointsimage

    Two words: I PvP.

    image

    image

  • Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

    Originally posted by Godliest


     

    Originally posted by gil0


    Originally posted by Godliest


     




    I was a pissed when I saw there was only 100 new skills and no new elite ones.

     



    and did you think about al the skill that you can get whit reputation points


     

    Two words: I PvP.

    Five letters:   CORPG

     

    Hint, try Fury ;)

    imageimage

  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486


    Originally posted by Lonesamurai1
    Originally posted by Godliest

    Originally posted by gil0

    Originally posted by Godliest
    I was a pissed when I saw there was only 100 new skills and no new elite ones.
    and did you think about al the skill that you can get whit reputation pointsimage




    Two words: I PvP.

    Five letters: CORPG

    Hint, try Fury ;)

    Crappy Online Raiding Paragon Guilds?

    image

    image

  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486


    Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

    Originally posted by Godliest




    Originally posted by gil0


    Originally posted by Godliest


    I was a pissed when I saw there was only 100 new skills and no new elite ones.


    and did you think about al the skill that you can get whit reputation pointsimage



    Two words: I PvP.

    Five letters: CORPG

    Hint, try Fury ;)

    Okay, I downloaded Fury and created a character and all that. So now I know what CORPG means, Crappy Online Ridiculously Pathetic Game

    image

    image

  • Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by Godliest


     

    Originally posted by Lonesamurai1


    Originally posted by Godliest
     
     



    Originally posted by gil0




    Originally posted by Godliest
     
     
    I was a pissed when I saw there was only 100 new skills and no new elite ones.
     

    and did you think about al the skill that you can get whit reputation points

     

     







    Two words: I PvP.



    Five letters: CORPG



    Hint, try Fury ;)

     

    Okay, I downloaded Fury and created a character and all that. So now I know what CORPG means, Crappy Online Ridiculously Pathetic Game

    you mis understood...  GW is the CORPG...   Fury is a PvPMMO (and thats from Dan Gray himself down in the Fury section of this here forum, not me)...  Fury was a reccomendation from me to you based on your previous post saying that you PvP

    imageimage

  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486


    Originally posted by Lonesamurai1
    Originally posted by Godliest

    Originally posted by Lonesamurai1

    Originally posted by Godliest


    Originally posted by gil0
    Originally posted by Godliest


    I was a pissed when I saw there was only 100 new skills and no new elite ones.
    and did you think about al the skill that you can get whit reputation pointsimage


    Two words: I PvP.


    Five letters: CORPG

    Hint, try Fury ;)




    Okay, I downloaded Fury and created a character and all that. So now I know what CORPG means, Crappy Online Ridiculously Pathetic Game


    you mis understood... GW is the CORPG... Fury is a PvPMMO (and thats from Dan Gray himself down in the Fury section of this here forum, not me)... Fury was a reccomendation from me to you based on your previous post saying that you PvP

    Right... I've tried Fury and well... button mashing+terrible graphics (they told me my computer couldn't handle them) isn't very nice. I'm working on my PvE Ritualist now though.

    image

    image

  • Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

    Originally posted by Godliest


     
     
    Right... I've tried Fury and well... button mashing+terrible graphics (they told me my computer couldn't handle them) isn't very nice. I'm working on my PvE Ritualist now though.
    heh, yeah, well a few people have said in the past that Guild Wars is like that too, only it has a PvE portion too... 

     

    But yeah, not really getting the jist of Fury myself either, it feels like its trying to be many different things and pulling none of them off...  Of course Dan Gray isn't gonna like me saying that, but I'd rather be honest about it

    imageimage

Sign In or Register to comment.