Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

after runescape

simplenamesimplename Member Posts: 10

I'm looking for suggestions for a new f2p mmorpg. I loved and still love playing runescape, but I have a fairly high level in all f2p skills, finished all f2p quests, and have the highest possible f2p weapon/ armor and equipment. I want to subscribe but my parents wont let me. I liked runescape because of the long, complicated, and widely varied quests, as well as the music and the easy access on any computer. It also needs to be completely free. thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• KrivladKrivlad Member Posts: 34

Believe me, it will be quite a challenge to find a (partially) F2P MMORPG as good as Runescape.
    Let's see, RS is a browser game, which you do not need to download onto your hard drive, it only takes 20 seconds to load and you're ready to go.
    The quests in RS are unlike those in many other MMORPGs, where the quests in other games are more appropriately seen as RS Slayer tasks.
    There are indeed many many other good online games out there, but 90% of them are P2P.
    For freeplay games, it requires a good amount of research to find the perfect free game out there. Here is a list of F2P games to get you started:

-Planeshift (Beta testing)
    -Myth war online
    -Flyff
    -Maple story
    -Shadowbane
    -Rappelz

Those are the ones I can think of right now. I'll see what else I can dig up.
    ~The quest for the best F2P MMORPG continues~

Former Hard Core member at only 25 posts.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Originally posted by simplename

I'm looking for suggestions for a new f2p mmorpg. I loved and still love playing runescape, but I have a fairly high level in all f2p skills, finished all f2p quests, and have the highest possible f2p weapon/ armor and equipment. I want to subscribe but my parents wont let me. I liked runescape because of the long, complicated, and widely varied quests, as well as the music and the easy access on any computer. It also needs to be completely free. thanks for any suggestions.
    try guild wars, its free monthly but you have to buy it to play it and it takes up quite a lot of space on ur comp.

Other than that i suggest ...erm... flyff

?

• simplenamesimplename Member Posts: 10

oh man... the ridiculously long non-killing spree quests were the best part. I downloaded one of those asian games with the ridiculously good graphics (eudemons) but all the quests were "go kill 20 of these", "kill this untill you get a stone of ichall", and the others look to be of the same mould

you don't get it, my parents will not let me spend MY money on any on-line game. I know, weird.

look, if I weren't a terrible lier with a concience, I would just pay my ex-member friend to tell his parents he wants to be a member again and that he'll give them the money for it. I'm not stupid (btw I'm too young for a regular job). back to the origonal topic, wich one do you think is the most quest-oriented game?

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

its time to learn the truth... there is no other game like runescape on this planet. I've also been like you, so far i've played guild wars, anarchy online, flyff and maplestory. The only one i like out of them is guild wars, but not as much as i liked rs.

?

• drithnusdrithnus Member Posts: 4

i use to be in ur position about the rs members thing dw!

play guild wars , maplestory, flyff , rappelz   or just get WoW  its p2p but who cares just buy the prepaid card! good quest  oriented game

• savagegoosesavagegoose Member Posts: 41

ive played rs for a long time too, now its finally getting tedious after reaching combat 114, and mining 88 and smith 90.

the funny thing is, theres still ots more to achive in the paid game, itas just itsa too tedious to actually get there. 

i also have been wondering what to play after i cancel my rs membership; ill still be f2p.

looked at 2 moons, it really is a kill x beasties game, and thats all there is to it, sure u collect better armour aLONG WAY  but after rs i need a more involved skill selection.

if only 2moons had rs's skills i would be playing it now

looked at anarchy online, that pretty awsome character development and tons of weird drops, i just couldnt work out the game, 

i have grabbed vanguard and that seems devoid opf players , and characterless, i guess it need some players to actually come alive,.

i found the saga of ryzom, andd this looks like my best hope for a game to take over from rs, BUT  from what i see it may soon be defunct, ill hand over some cash to the free ryzom fund if they ever get a deal sorted,

ryzom has open skill developmnent, ie u want a skill u train it, and a living world. i dont think spawn camping for drops is possible. im kinda sick of the grind and ryzom looks like it'll cure me, if it ever is saved.