Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new player's experience.

2»

Comments

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Sakuji

Originally posted by Kazered

I was one of the first to join SB as well. I can't believe your biggest complaint was getting ganked alot in it.

My biggest complaint was the PVP was the worst i've ever seen in a pvp centric game of any kind.
    My group of dwarfs would all pile on top of each other, occupying the same space, (think einstein proved thats impossible) and just rip partys apart that came at us.
    It was one of the lowest forms of pvp i've played. Loved the world, classes, city building seiging etc. But somthing as small as collision detection would have made this game great. Without it, its the worst out there and always will be. The few niche pvp players that like it and say the pvp is great suck at real pvp games.
    I'm sorry you tried this game but you didn't even last till you got to see the worst aspects of it!! (not talking about being summoned and killed). The worst part of this game was the end game pvp when you could compete.
    If they ever put this game for sale i'd hope somone would buy it and put in some basic physics so the strategy in pvp didn't feel so fake.

"as small as collision detection"

LOL, give me a break, other than UO, what good PvP game HAS collision detection?

WoW? No

DAOC? No

COH/V? No

Collision detection is one of the HARDEST things you can implement in a game.

SB has the best PvP of any fantasy game hands down.

Lineage 2 has collision detection between characters. It's actually possible to group up enough so you've completely caged a player in.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• liruikeyaliruikeya Member Posts: 1

I can't believe you just said "prove that you can play an RPG"  Shadowbane is not an RPG, it's a gankfest.  The maturity level in the game is so low scientists have not even created a scale of measurement small enough to measure it.  Anyone can play shadowbane.  Find people not ready to fight, gank them, then claim ur uber in PvP.  I could train a monkey to do that.  RPG = Role Playing Game.  Role Playing.  Not Gank Playing.  I would say unto you, prove that you can Role Play and not Gank Play.  Who cares about your city and provoking a new player to bane your city is pretty tactless.  Again I say, this game hasn't changed.

• NaturallyNaturally Member UncommonPosts: 28

Shadowbane is getting quite old, so when people gripe about bugs or features it doesn't have it is more than obvious why. I played it for about 3 years with friends. It isn't an easy game to get into if you weren't there when it began to put it simple. The game has it's flaws and the reason why it is a gankfest is because you have 4 year vets owning 2 day old noobs. Building your character gets quite complex and when you have someone who has no idea what their doing, they will gimp their character without a doubt. Without a great deal of time invested into the game you will not be able to make it. It is harsh and unforgiving. My favorite char was a resource rolled vamp scout ^^ fun fun. Stealthed if anyone from Mourning would recognize the name, but probably not as I played a long time ago.

hack (hak) n., A clever solution to an interesting problem.

• NevronNevron Member UncommonPosts: 43
    The days where Shadowbane was "new user friendly" are long gone. If you don't have a maxed level character already, you need to enter the game with pre-established connections with people that do. When Shadowbane first released, lots of the player base had entered the game already part of a guild/clan. Shadowbane is still my prized MMO experience out of all that I've played. My only hope is that Darkfall will match it.

Shadow of Apophis - Council Member

• kaskalakaskala Member UncommonPosts: 2

I played shadowbane way back just as it came out of beta and had tons of fun, but and i know i will prolly get insulted Meridian59, the first graphical mmorpg to my knowledge still has the most fun pk system due to the fact it didnt matter if you were a new player or old player it was truely all about skill.

And to see someone who only played for 1 week on a character destroy someone who put over a year in their character simply cuase the younger character was played with better skill is something i have yet to see in another mmorpg that i have played and i have played nearly everyone on the market and in beta since 1995.

This is just the opinion of some old fogy who plays on the comp too much

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531

SB was a lot of fun while it lasted.  The reason I quit is because I got bored of PvP, and there was nothing else to do.  lol  If they had some dungeons and crafting, I'd probably still be playing it.

And I loved when people 'balled up' because then I could pick out a healer, run into their own ball, and kill them before they could even target me.  LOL  I broke up so many balls that way.  Half the healers are dead, and they finally decide to use some other tactic than 'balling up'.  HAHAHA!

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel

• worthypaperworthypaper Member Posts: 1

I want to join a guild, I think it is not possible to kill some monsters if you are out of the guild. so I am looking for a good guild..

well