Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jumpgate Evolution: Intervew with NetDevil at AGDC

One of many interviews coming from Austin GDC is this interview by News Manager Keith Cross and Jumpgate: Evolution Producer Hermann Peterscheck and NetDevil President Scott Brown talking about Jumpgate: Evolution.

Intervew with NetDevil at AGDC Intervew with NetDevil at AGDC
On Wednesday at the Austin Game Developers Conference, News Manager Keith Cross had the chance to sit down with Jumpgate: Evolution Producer Hermann Peterscheck and NetDevil President Scott Brown to talk about Jumpgate Evolution.

You can watch more videos over here.

Comments

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I'm an Eve Onine player, and from my perspective NetDevil are trying very hard to make the best game they can. 

I think a brief comparison to Eve would have inspired thought. For example, unlike Eve, Jumpgate involves piloting your own ship from the cockpit. They also have a Newtonian physics model (almost realistic space flight). There are few space games and more people will play them as the innovations continue.

Having better AI is an excellent idea. I like the concept that it generates new situations as players interact with it.

I think Eve Online and Jumpgate could learn much from each other. However, I think the big difference between them is the 'levelling' processes. With Eve Online, you learn skill points over time (and financial power is earned by effort). With Jumpgate, I think you attain power only according to the effort you put in. These differences should remain because they will appeal to different sorts of people.

I prefer Eve Online, because I like to plan years ahead and I can keep up with my corp even when I am busy with work. However, I know others who would like to attain enourmous power very quickly and Jumpgate is probably better for them.

• cretinbobcretinbob Member Posts: 21

Jumpgate is/was probably the greatest MMO ever. The only one I ever bother paying for. SO many are the same old hack and slash that they just end up repeating themselves. Jumpgate is unique however. The flight and physics model is fantastic. The graphics...A bit dated even back when I was playing (played for 3 years). I look forward to Evolution and may very well subscribe again. 

• MagicStarMagicStar Member Posts: 380
    If perfering EVE over JG is your personal opinion, thats fine with me. JG like EVE is not really for everyone.

For JG, the player's powers are based on either their own twitch based and reflexive skill, and/or by how good they are on coordinating out the tactics in a fleet based combat. And not by high level stats.

The most feared pilot are the ones that practiced PvP fighting in the simulator for a large period of time.

It all boils down to how well a player can handle certain types of ships.

Leveling in JGE mostly don't matter as much anymore mainly because, light fighters are faster than the fighters but not good for 1 on 1s.

Well it's a good thing that JG is getting a second chance unlike the old one.

----------------------
    Give me lights give me action. With a touch of a button!

• hactarhactar Member Posts: 14

Jumpgate brought me to MMORPGs, I cant wait for this new version to arrive