Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone here even play SWG anymore? (POLL)

124»

Comments

• EllcrysEllcrys Member Posts: 2
    I just started playing about a month ago and i love itimage

• zide56zide56 Member Posts: 356

Originally posted by Ellcrys

That's why.  Give it a few months and you'll despise it and wish Hell upon it.  image

Let us take another look at my poll, shall we?  With 100 votes, the results haven't changed dramatically, as the number of people who are playing and still enjoying it still beats out the number of those who wish to see it die a slow and horrible death--but only by a slim margin.  Coming in close behind those numbers are those who say that they have quit SWG, and are never going back.  Coming in very close behind that number are those who have quit, but are thinking about returning (for what reason--I don't know).  Coming in dead last with a small number of votes are those who still play SWG, but are thinking about leaving.  Hm...we'll check back at 150. 

C'mon guys...keep voting for the death one...

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by zide56

That's why.  Give it a few months and you'll despise it and wish Hell upon it.  image

Ive been playing a helluva lot longer than a few months, Zyde and I still enjoy it

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by En1Gma

Ive been playing a helluva lot longer than a few months, Zyde and I still enjoy it

Who are you?  John Kerry?  "This country's gonna be a helluva lot better..."  image  Ooo...you said "hell".  Now I'll take you seriously.

Just kidding.  I don't know about you En1Gma, but I'm just a little more than tired of all the same crap that SOE pops out all the time.  SOE is like Disney, actually.  They're both just two big buttholes that pop out crap all the time.  You know how I feel, En1Gma--because you once felt it about SWG, too.  Perhaps some of the changes in the game satisfy you, but I'm going to need a helluva lot more changes if they ever hope to win me back.  And I know they care about me because who couldn't?  I'm just one big lovable fuzzball.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by zide56

Who are you?  John Kerry?  "This country's gonna be a helluva lot better..."  image  Ooo...you said "hell".  Now I'll take you seriously.

Just kidding.  I don't know about you En1Gma, but I'm just a little more than tired of all the same crap that SOE pops out all the time.  SOE is like Disney, actually.  They're both just two big buttholes that pop out crap all the time.  You know how I feel, En1Gma--because you once felt it about SWG, too.  Perhaps some of the changes in the game satisfy you, but I'm going to need a helluva lot more changes if they ever hope to win me back.  And I know they care about me because who couldn't?  I'm just one big lovable fuzzball.

lol, don't call me John Kerry!!! No man deserves that much punishment.  Yes, Ill agree with you...I used to hate SWG more than I hate hemorroids. But, my opinion, they have been trying to make it better.

Take FFXI for example.  about 90% of everyone who plays has a severe issue with forced grouping.  I have yet to see any DEV address that as apotential problem. (main reason why I quite was because i was sick and tired of groups every day...sometimes, solo is nice).

The DEVs at SWG at least have admitted their mistakes in thepast and are working to make them better.  I think there all a little embarassed that they had Raph Koster at the initial development helm.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Raph Koster?  Do you mean...

THIS GUY?!

• Originally posted by zide56

For the upteeth time, you do not like SWG. No problem. SWG IS a success. It will continue to be a success without you playing it. See the menu on the left side of this page? Go pick and play one of the many tons of OTHER games instead! Trying to bash SWG over and over will not stop it from continuing to get better and better and continue to be successful.

Let us take another look at my poll, shall we?  With 100 votes, the results haven't changed dramatically, as the number of people who are playing and still enjoying it still beats out the number of those who wish to see it die a slow and horrible death--but only by a slim margin.  Coming in close behind those numbers are those who say that they have quit SWG, and are never going back.  Coming in very close behind that number are those who have quit, but are thinking about returning (for what reason--I don't know).  Coming in dead last with a small number of votes are those who still play SWG, but are thinking about leaving.  Hm...we'll check back at 150. 

C'mon guys...keep voting for the death one...

Let's take 1,000 more looks at your poll. How many of those who voted posted? How many are multi accounts made just to skew the poll? Very strange and intresting none of those 90+ voters in your poll bothered to actually post in your thread. It would be further intresting to see them post so we can see what their post count is - gives a better idea if they were multi accounts made just to skew the vote.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

Perhaps an even better question, xplororor: how many more times must I post until that vein in your head explodes?

Really, xplororor, your reasoning is flawed.  If you are claiming that either I or someone else created multiple accounts just to sway the results of a poll that doesn't even matter, than that would either mean that they are the biggest losers in the world, or that you have such a vehement and unnecessary hatred towards anyone who doesn't like SWG that you would feel somehow obligated to make outrageous accusations like the one above, thus making you the biggest loser in the world.

• ConnoisseurConnoisseur Member Posts: 273
    I've been playing the 14 day trial recently and I must say that I don't understand why so many people give the game a bad wrap. It's one of the top MMORPGs I've ever played. People are turned off by the game because the interface isn't as intuitive and fleshed out in the beginning, but once you get used to it, it's actually very simple to use. I've talked to several players I've met in the game who were also playing the trial and I took them on some missions, guided them through the game mechanics, and they said they were tremendously enjoying the game.

Originally posted by srohek
    I've been playing the 14 day trial recently and I must say that I don't understand why so many people give the game a bad wrap. It's one of the top MMORPGs I've ever played. People are turned off by the game because the interface isn't as intuitive and fleshed out in the beginning, but once you get used to it, it's actually very simple to use. I've talked to several players I've met in the game who were also playing the trial and I took them on some missions and guided them and they said the tremendously enjoyed the game.

No, actually, the interface is one of the high points of the game.

Perhaps an even better question, xplororor: how many more times must I post until that vein in your head explodes?

What does that line have to do with anything in this thread? How does that add to any discussion?

Really, xplororor, your reasoning is flawed. 

What is flawed?

- Is this a free site?

- Have others in the past made multi accounts?

- is it possible to make multi accounts at this site?

- Do the moderators at this site have any incentive to go after mutli accounts?

If you are claiming that either I or someone else created multiple accounts just to sway the results of a poll that doesn't even matter, than that would either mean that they are the biggest losers in the world, or that you have such a vehement and unnecessary hatred towards anyone who doesn't like SWG that you would feel somehow obligated to make outrageous accusations like the one above, thus making you the biggest loser in the world.

Last, once again, you do not like SWG. Nooo problem. SWG is a success. SWG will continue to be a success without you. It is 100,000 thousand to 200,000 thousand others voting FOR SWG with their purses and wallets..... vs you and your 10 to 100 votes in your little SWG bashing poll. How come you refuse to try one of the other tons of games listed in the left menu? I like how you are now sinking to calling me names, even though I have  never called you any names.

BTW what other MMORPGs have you played? Which one is your favorite?

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------

More games:
    -----------

Alright, xplororor.  Whatever you say.  I'm done bickering with you over nothing.

What MMORPG do you like?

Why does zide432 spend all of his time persuading people to agree with him? So you don't like the game, get the hell over it man. Jesus.

What MMORPG do you like?
    Why does zide432 spend all of his time persuading people to agree with him? So you don't like the game, get the hell over it man. Jesus.

First of all, do not slander Christ.  Second of all, I don't know you and you're probably xplororor anyway, so I'm going to ignore you.  I have a right to do whatever I want as long as it remains within the confines of the law.  I'm actually fine--you're the one who's getting his knickers all in a bunch.  Lighten up, for Pete's sake.

And don't bother responding.  I know your follow-up post (one which, I'm sure, will be dripping with eloquence), will mock me for being a "zealot" and an "a**hole".  Please, save it for someone who cares, as I'm not going to be responding to you.

I think deep down inside you feel that SWG is the only game that you are attracted to because it has unlimited potential to be what you envision to be your ideal MMORPG, but just curently isn't. You like SWG, but grow tired of the fact that it can be something so much more.

• HrnacHrnac Member Posts: 44

Come on Zide56, answer the question. What other MMORPG's do you like?

-Hrnac

What MMORPG do you like?

First of all, do not slander Christ. 

Go watch "Passion of Christ". His name never ever was 'Jesus'. That is the English translation of his original Aramaic name. A very flawed translation the same whay many Irish, and other imigrents, had their names chopped up aka "Englishsized" when they came to America. If you had a time machine and went to the middle east during that time period, and asked the local people, the Romans, and even His deciples "Where can I find Jesus?" they would look at you as if you said "Where can I find Jose Canseco?".

Second of all, I don't know you and you're probably xplororor anyway, so I'm going to ignore you. 

1. No not me. I have no need to make multi accounts.

2. Congratulations! You have NULLIFIED your poll! You have no problem claiming ->srohek<- is a multi account - thus ANYONE here can be a multi account - including EVERYONE who voted or "voted" in your poll. Heck, it might be 5 people with up to 10 multi accounts LOL!

3. Why are you sooo terrified of answering the question? What other MMORPGs have you played? Which one is your favorite and why?

I have a right to do whatever I want as long as it remains within the confines of the law.  I'm actually fine--you're the one who's getting his knickers all in a bunch.  Lighten up, for Pete's sake.

And don't bother responding.  I know your follow-up post (one which, I'm sure, will be dripping with eloquence), will mock me for being a "zealot" and an "a**hole".  Please, save it for someone who cares, as I'm not going to be responding to you.

Nope. I never ever cuss at anyone. Nor name call anyone ever in my 2+ years of posting on the forums all over the internet. Even when others cuss at me and name call me. image I also like how you claim the right do do whatever you want, yet you try and control the actions of others by saying "don't bother responding" LOL. Since this is a discussion board.... do you care to respond to the question instead of dodging it? What other MMORPGs have you played? How long have you played each one? Hightest level character? Name of server? Which one was your favorite? And why?

Just so we all have a better idea where you are coming from. imageimageimage

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------

More games:
    -----------

• Red_RiderRed_Rider Member Posts: 261

To original poster:  I don't think the game is in any immediate danger, but the game is definately not progressing as far as suscribers are concerned.   Instead of the all time top MMORPG,  they have made another nice little niche game like Ultima Online.  I think that the Star Wars brand is strong enough for them to maintain 200k-250k users for a while (as people quit, new users suscribe).  Look at Horizons if you want to see what happens to a crafting oriented niche game without the Star Wars brand.   They just cut a ton of employees and are talking about consolidating servers (closing).

I think that with the space expansion and a new movie in 2005, that SWG will be around for a while.  Even though seeing what they did to the basic game, I can't imagine the Space expansion being done right.  With the lag in the game an arcadish space battle will be a lot of fun ....

Oh well, back to Anarchy Online ..... 

• TiniCTiniC Member Posts: 3
    I quit 2 weeks ago , played off and on since beta though . The game isn't what I wanted I suppose and I'll leave it it that . People can make thier own minds up about the game .

• zmeagolzmeagol Member Posts: 5

there is lots of good things in SWG but not enough to keep me intrested.. what they have in it is great.. well well.. funny to se how things goes.. probebly needed a more fun "PvP game mechanic" to keep me intrested.

sad to see.. maybe they get that working as well.. in a few years =)