Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

should i get all the expansions?

im new to the game and ive been reading up a lot and ive been reading that some people dont have all the expansions

is that a smart move? or should i get all the expansions?

Comments

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

All the expansions upto and including Catacombs is free to download.  So if nothing else get all those.  Darkness Rising and Labyrinth of the Minotaur are the only 2 you'll be missing out on.  Labyrinth of the Minotaur gives you 1 new class to play and a new pvp dungeon you can go to and also messes with the graphics some. 

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

The last two expansions - the ones that you would need to buy - are fairly optional.  You will miss out on one race/class.  You will miss out on the new RvR dungeon, but you most likely won't go there until level 50 anyway.  The DR content is nice and the quests are great, but you do not need to do them now. 

I would say you will eventually want to get the last two expansions, but you do not need them now.  DR content begins at level 30 and LotM begins at 40.  Most people do not do either content until level 50 anyway.  So once you get to 50 and you decide to want to keep playing then you should get the expansions I would say within a month of hitting 50.  Until then it is not needed.