Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this game end up free to play like shadowbane?

FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

What do you think will this game end up free to play like shadowbane?

Personally i hope it does but i dont think its got enough player backing. Another thing that could happen is it could get bought by another larger company. I could see them adding to an acess package they already have. $3 a month or free with the large package. Not sure if it would happen but i could as i might pull in a few more players from this crowd and i am sure they would have plenty of players if at least trying it if was just free in a game package. Only problem there is what funding it would get to be fixed or improved.

Comments

• SnipehunterSnipehunter Member UncommonPosts: 29

Sadly, it's not about player backing.  It's about NCSoft.  They've already said they're not doing anything with it.  The original devs tried to get it back so they could run it, but it didn't work out.  It's just dead.

• FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

I think with shadowbane the players just gathered up enough money and bought the lisence form the gaming company but then i think that company was going under and so looking at selling the lisence any way i dont know if this company would be willing to sell the lisence or not but it sounds like not then

I guess they said they where moving on to new projects

Still i could be possible for the lisence at some point to be sold if so a possiblity for the game to still be out there and playable