Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please add Hellgate:London to the In Development section

Honestly, why isn't there a section (read:sub forum) on Hellgate:London? I realise this is going to become a ''It's not/it IS an mmorpg'' discussion, which is probably good because...well we need it? <_<

Look at some other games that have there own section tho. 2 Games that can be considered Vapourware for the western market/global market (Darkfall and SUN) have there own section, Huxley which to me seems as a lot less of an MMORPG than Hellgate:London, and the several Guild Wars series which come quite close to what HGL has to offer. Would it really hurt to make a sub forum on it?

Personally I'de just love to discuss HGL with everyone here on the forums =D

Comments

• jairusjairus Member UncommonPosts: 175

I agree. If D&DO and Guildwars are classed as mmorpgs then Hellgate sure fits, since it will be set up something like those.

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544

Just make the unofficial thread lol. This is like complaining about something in a game because the devs didn't implement it yet it could be done by the players anyway.

Just do it.

• JaeSwiftJaeSwift Member Posts: 201

Unofficial threads aren't as effective to build a discussion around a game with several topics (for instance, ''How will the PvP be?'' Which class will you play? etc etc). If you make one topic it gets really hard to keep track of the current and past discussions in one thread since I doubt that, should it turn big, many people will be willing to shift through all the pages of the thread.

EDIT: That said I hereby turned the mispost of this thread in the general discussion into the unofficial HGL discussion thread, until we get feedback ofc^^ XD

• whitedelightwhitedelight Member Posts: 1,544

What do we know about pvp in hellgate?

Post that on the MMORPG pub mate, I meant this thread as the proper suggestion, the other (in the pub) which I accidentally posted first will serve as the unofficial discussion ;P

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

Yo guys!  After consideration, we do not believe that Hellgate: London meets our requirements as an MMORPG.  While it is online, it is not a massively multiplayer online game.  For more information, please check out our list on what qualifies a game as an MMORPG.

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

Thank you for the reply, Taera. If possible tho, I would like to know on which point Hellgate:London exactly fails to meet your criteria (and why).

[Quote]

500 or more simultaneous players in one world.
    • The game must include some form of graphical common area. This distinction means Diablo II is not considered an MMORPG, while Guild Wars is.
    It must be graphical...so no text based MUDs.
    Persistent characters.
    Some form of character advancement.
    It must use a true client/server connection.  In other words, no HTML or "web" based games.  Games that run in a browser using Java are OK.
    Five or more screenshots from inside of the game engine itself.
    A professional web site free of annoying pop-up ads or Spyware programs and access to some kind of support system.
    Must fully support English.  This means the client interface, in-game chat, help system and support website must all be in English.
    [/Quote]
    I assume it fails to meet the criteria because of the first point? The world however can hold tens of thousands of players, and there are quite a number of graphical common areas (the subway stations serve as ''towns'').

Knock knock? *shameless bump because I think Taera forgot about this thread >_<)

• Cyber-DemonCyber-Demon Member UncommonPosts: 18

I would also like to know on what point Hellgate disqualifies and how it differs from Guild Wars and DDO (both of which are on the list) on that point.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Cyber-Demon

I would also like to know on what point Hellgate disqualifies and how it differs from Guild Wars and DDO (both of which are on the list) on that point.
    Guild Wars is the game I believe that got them to create the rules defining what makes an MMORPG game.... but since it already had a forum on there, they didn't take it off.  Doesn't mean they have to add more of them......

The concept of breaking the user community into multiple small 'towns' is probably what disqualifies it..... whereas I believe DDO throws all the users into a single world (per server of course) ...however the quests they go off on are in small instances.... so it still qualifies....

Actually, I've never seen them defend their decisions.... so you'll probably not get a further response....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheebacheeba Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Cyber-Demon

Guild Wars is the game I believe that got them to create the rules defining what makes an MMORPG game.... but since it already had a forum on there, they didn't take it off.  Doesn't mean they have to add more of them......

The concept of breaking the user community into multiple small 'towns' is probably what disqualifies it..... whereas I believe DDO throws all the users into a single world (per server of course) ...however the quests they go off on are in small instances.... so it still qualifies....

Actually, I've never seen them defend their decisions.... so you'll probably not get a further response....

Sadly I think you are right.  Its a shame as HellGate will be a good game and deserves to be on the list.  Guess I will be frequenting these board less and less.

---------------
    Tested over a 115+ games since 1997.

Currently Playing:

Played(Retired): AOL NWN(91-95), UO, EQ1/2, DAoC, CoX, Lineage1/2, SWG(Pre CU/NGE), Planetside, Anarchy Online, FFXI, AC, Vanguard, D&D, AoC, DCUO, Rift, Eve, others

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

Hang tight guys, we're looking into it ;)

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Sure...make a liar out of me.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Cyber-DemonCyber-Demon Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by Taera

Hang tight guys, we're looking into it ;)

Thanks, maybe we will finally have our own Hellgate forum soon :)

Awesome, thanks for atleast reconsidering! Please tho, if it doesn't meet the MMORPG.com criteria after you have reconsidered, tell us why <_<.

Again thanks.