Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Open Beta Game, you've tested.

So, which games in open beta do you guys tested to think is the  best to play, I'm not sure since there are many games in beta now.

Comments

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

Fiesta Online was really good.

• SoultwisterSoultwister Member Posts: 93

I had alot of fun in both the Rappelz and LOTRO betas, wows was meh...

• DiabloheadDiablohead Member Posts: 29

Cabal online OB was amazing and I still play it today over a year after it got released.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Lotro beta , they had the most complete product that ever hit beta

• LittleBlueLittleBlue Member Posts: 33

Lotro never had a open beta only closed once or pre order acces.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by LittleBlue

Lotro never had a open beta only closed once or pre order acces.
    WRONG, I never pre ordered and I never got invited to closed beta yet I still played beta. 

I know there was an Open beta, it was just before the pre launch access.

• velocityvelocity Member Posts: 102

the lotro beta was very good indeed, but it lagged to much so i didnt bought it, but wath about tabula rasa is it a good game?, nice graphics (compared to css and crysis ;) ) , good gameplay? etc.. pls tell me about it,

• DarkerFateDarkerFate Member UncommonPosts: 100

Tabula Rasa isn't Open Beta as far as I know.  But it's an ok game, I'm just having a lot of problems with their patcher.

I only got to play it for like... 3 days, been 4-5 weeks since.  Patcher hasn't worked in all that time.

Anyway.. best open beta.  I'm going to have to say it's a draw between LotRO and Drift City(www.ijji.com).

Gamer by nature,
    poet by heart.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

tantra.ph - i enjoyed more CB, but OB was enough fun and competitive
    well...korean OB of RFo was fun too, but i could speak only with couple of them, rest didn't even know a word in english ^^
    exteel - i wrote about this in other topic (look at zero3000)
    i don't remember all games whose cb/ob tests I've participated, but there was alot of them and only couple were enough good to play some time after OB tests.

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• dannrudannru Member Posts: 24

ya lotro was best so far very smooth and polished for a beta

• shadow417shadow417 Member UncommonPosts: 170

i Remember 2Moons that whas a nice one but not Realy the best ,but a Good one or Archlord that whas Fun to but it is Still with some Bugs

• psfreakpsfreak Member Posts: 37

OMG you guys never heard about QUAKE WARS?

tht's  the best  beta EVER

can't wait for the demo this monday ^^

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

As far as current betas, I couldn't tell you, I don't have time anymore to do beta testing.

As far as beta's I have done in the past, the best two were probably WoW and L2. Both of those games were fairly polished by open beta and bugs fixed quickly (compared to some of the games I've tested in the past.)

For those of you looking for something different, I had actually received a beta invite for some asian game a couple weeks ago, some kind of racing game, I'll see if I can find a link or something. Be back.

D.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Game was called project Torque. Something from Aeria games. Apparently they are in closed beta now. Guess I got an invite cause I played some F2P game of theirs for a minute.

The picture looked kinda cool, dunno anything about the game though, but it looks different from what is out currently at least.

D.

edit: Last chaos was the F2P game I had signed up for. I guess I signed up for the newsletter and they sent me closed beta invite. Good luck to all who wanna check it out.

D.

• ZarraaZarraa Member Posts: 481

While I've played a ton of Betas I've yet to find any more polished than these three...

1) COH (City of Heroes)

2) Guild Wars (Original )

3) LOTRO

Dutchess Zarraa Voltayre
    Reborn/Zero Sum/Ancient Legacy/Jagged Legion/Feared/Nuke & Pave.

• greenrulesgreenrules Member Posts: 12

Thnx, I need to test some of these Beta Games, so which beta game tested here is the best of all game?!

• starwind18starwind18 Member Posts: 1

Fiesta Online is good but it has something that could be better. Like making the monster drop some copper so u get money to buy ur equipment. Overall its a great game.

• tathar123tathar123 Member Posts: 1

Ragnarok online 2 !!

The best EVER !!!

• darkraptordarkraptor Member Posts: 178

hmmmmm

I think my actual favorite beta was Shattered Galaxy....loved that game when it came out. Think starcraft with leveling units kinda...

/rant

• 32BitHero32BitHero Member Posts: 2

lotr was by far the best beta the product was nearly complete during beta

EQ-"Ret" Van-"Ret" EQ2-"Ret" COh/COV-"Ret" UO-"Ret" Eve-"Lifesbane" WOW-"Ret" Beta-Fury Tabula Rasa and LOTR

• greenrulesgreenrules Member Posts: 12

Ragnarok Online was ok, though I was  lost ingame, I might try some of the other beta games you guys named.

• Gam3d4rKGam3d4rK Member Posts: 146

My best Beta was R.O.S.E., i wish to play again ^_^

• FkpuzFkpuz Member Posts: 4

I REALLY enjoyed the Auto Assault closed beta.

• MaggotscreamMaggotscream Member Posts: 284

Knight Online closed beta was probably the best for me.

• LughsanLughsan Member Posts: 312

CIty Of Heroes hands down.

The beta was darn near flawless at the open stage.    The only errors being reported were disconnects from the mapserver.