Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Computer Slowdown, FPS Problem

feeefeeefeeefeee Member Posts: 5

I play rakion.... and when are up 4 players (with me) it's everithing ok...

the problem is when are more players than 4, the game slowdown my computer, with low fps, something freezes for half a second...

and then gives a 10fps, or 20fps...

when are a lot of pets, (cells) slowdown the game... like golems and others...

my ping is well...

I don't have a hardware problem, because FarCry, FEAR, works perfectly... at higher graphics...

Technical info...

SO: WindowsXP SP2

CPU: AthlonXP Barton 1.85Ghz (real)

GPU: GeForce 7600GT XFX

RAM: 1GB

Chipset: Nforce2

SATA HDD

-

AV: Avira Anti-Vir

*AntiVirus filtered for this aplication... (no active scan)

*The performance of de GPU, its optimized 100%, i mean "high performance setting" and deactivated de antialiasing, and anisostropic filter, but nothing happens...

-----

Need a solution, because i try all...

Comments

• foulu625foulu625 Member Posts: 177

Get a better processor and more RAM. Your processor atm is old and outdated. While 1Gig RAM works, 2Gigs is the current standard. Your PC is having trouble processing all that is going on, hence the slowed FPS.

• slippyCslippyC Member Posts: 396

It could be a patch problem.  I notice sometimes after patches, not the gameguard patching but game, I will get CTD's.  I think it may be tied into the audio or something, cause I have got it to quit by turning it off sometimes. 

Rakion doesn't take much of a system to run, so I highly doubt it is your system.

Anyway, just try messing with some of the settings and see what happens....

• feeefeeefeeefeee Member Posts: 5

my processor is optimized for games, is a gamer processor...

may the engine of the game is not the best, but anyone can explain me:

how my processor can run FEAR at the highest quality, and not the low graphics... Rakion?

may i ask a stupid question, but...

there is no game .... unplayable for my processor, at the moment, i mean WoW, FEAR, FarCry, LineageII, PES4/5/6, Worms4/3D/Forts, Doom3, Quake4, and all the games with hi end graphic card requeriment... at full graphics

understand what i mean?

i got a full clean my computer, and the preformance is perfect

sorry if i repeat some things...

Originally posted by slippyC

It could be a patch problem.  I notice sometimes after patches, not the gameguard patching but game, I will get CTD's.  I think it may be tied into the audio or something, cause I have got it to quit by turning it off sometimes. 

Rakion doesn't take much of a system to run, so I highly doubt it is your system.

Anyway, just try messing with some of the settings and see what happens....

about the patches, i think it's possible, but...

What's CTD's?

Originally posted by feeefeee

my processor is optimized for games, is a gamer processor...

may the engine of the game is not the best, but anyone can explain me:
    how my processor can run FEAR at the highest quality, and not the low graphics... Rakion?

may i ask a stupid question, but...
    there is no game .... unplayable for my processor, at the moment, i mean WoW, FEAR, FarCry, LineageII, PES4/5/6, Worms4/3D/Forts, Doom3, Quake4, and all the games with hi end graphic card requeriment... at full graphics
    understand what i mean?
    i got a full clean my computer, and the preformance is perfect

sorry if i repeat some things...

If it were made for games it would have be least 2.6Ghz. Yours may have been for gaming at one time, but that was 4 years or more ago. Get a dual core or you're going to continue being stuck with bad FPS.

All the answers i obtain is... "BUY NEW COMPUTER"

OMG... tell me... read this...

RAKION REQUERIMENTS

and then, tellme whats wrong, if someone tell me "BUY a new computer" again... really... im very disapointed,

i know what im talking, 1 year ago, the game works perfectly.....

i want a SMART answer, no a "BUY A NEW COMPUTER"

and the crazy man, telling me "2gb is a standard", is a standard IF U USING VISTA, its a windows XP man...

dont need a huge quantity of ram,

if u edit video, or are a designer of couse... need huge ram...

but no at this time...

• Gangster-ManGangster-Man Member Posts: 143

RAKION REQUERIMENTS
    and then, tellme whats wrong, if someone tell me "BUY a new computer" again... really... im very disapointed,

and the crazy man, telling me "2gb is a standard", is a standard IF U USING VISTA, its a windows XP man...

but no at this time...

Look, Rakion is not a game that demands hardware. So with this in mind, defrag, spyware scan, virus scan, reinstall rakion, get older/newer video card drivers (try both), and if all else fails and you REALLY want to play reinstall xp. After doing all these steps, rakion should be working flawlessly.

Hope this helps.

P.S: Your pc is not crap, but your processor is going to bottleneck your video card at one point. I am not sure if your using pci-E or agp, but if your agp, you might be reaching the end of your pc life, and a new pc might be a good investment if your a serious gamer, and like playing the latest games. Either you buy it now, or you wait, but eventually, a new pc will be the only option since you wont be able to upgrade your pc to get the performance required for today's games.

• strigoiviistrigoivii Member Posts: 173

the game could just be poorly made

RAKION REQUERIMENTS

but no at this time...

You're right, my bad for knowing what I'm talking about. Fix your own damned problem then. I said new CPU, not computer. GG.