Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking back...

OrionStarOrionStar Member Posts: 378

I miss my old WoW days. The excitment of leveling and finding something new.  The whole hype of the game and making friends.  I used to be hardcore playing battlegrounds all the time.  I want to start playing again but I know it won't feel the same.  I am really thinking if spending $55 dollars on TBC would be worth it for me to start back up again.

Comments

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

The feeling was gone for me. The battlegrounds havn't felt the same. Ever since they change the way honor and BG rewards were gained, it just didn't feel right.

Raiding still might give you that same feeling, even though they've downsized to 25-man raids.

I say go for it.

• tinhattinhat Member Posts: 12

mmm, i found myself in your position about a week ago. i played a looong time ago so a lot has changed in terms of mechanics and stuff but i think fundamentally it's the same.

the one thing i would say against it (personaly) is that i found i was bored of my old character and couldnt just pick up where i left off. so i decided to reroll for something new, the only problem is that now the majority of people are level 70 and catching up is gonna be a huge task. think im just gonna wait for WAR but im rubbish at decisions

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

PvE:  Outland has better zones, instances and better quests than Azeroth - they're more satisfying, they're not as repetitive and they tie in nicely with the storyline.  I loved being able to deliver important news to Thrall regarding events in outland.  Flying mounts are fantastic, except for the fact you can only use them in outland.  Azeroth actually feels a bit boring, because of all the improvements made in TBC. 

PVP:  Outland has 'mini battlegrounds' in the PvE areas which give rewards if you capture or defend them.  The Eye of the Storm battleground is pretty good, a cross between WSG and AB I guess.  Arena teams are pretty cool, though I must admit I haven't got myself into a team, but all my friends are raving about how intense the battles get.

The main criticism of TBC is how the expansion invalidated a lot of the progression players made before that.  But if that's not a major issue to you, and you're more receptive to new content, you'll find that Outland improves WoW in every possible way.  It doesn't change anything fundamentally, but this is an expansion pack.

You only buy expansion packs for games you like, after all. 

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• VoidGuardianVoidGuardian Member Posts: 5
    Yeah, I remember when I was on Muradin and it was literally IMPOSSIBLE to have an AV match because there were never 80 people wanting to play at the same time. Then they introduced Cross-realm...and the glory began. AV was so addictive compared to WSG and AB(tho they were both still fun) that I spent weeks just PVPing there. But as all good things go it got boring after a while and I wanted more. I have tried a few times to re-activate my account and get back into the game and it's just never the same as it once was. I re-activated for TBC and played for 2 days getting my main to 62 and then quit again, it was fun, but the basic formula was still the same and no real additions. I just re-activated again and have been trying to get one of my lvl 20-30 alts up to 60(or now 70) in anticipation of the next expansion. I am really hoping that I can stick with it enough to get to 80 and do the elite quest to get the new Hero Class, I think that could bring some of my fire back.
  • cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

You'll never get "that new car feeling back", I remember a few weeks into the game I was about lvl 20, I decided to just go explore, at the time I had no clue where I was but I ran from ashenvale, through stalion mountains, through the barrans and into the 1000 needles.. it felt so epix at the time but today because I know every inch of those zones its not so epix any more.

TBC brought back some of that epix feeling, going through the portal at midnight to see hundreds of players just running around exploring and ganking as great. But I kinda saw all the zones from videos prior to release I wont make that mistake with WoTLK and I try and stay in the dark as much as possible.