Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Haze not in development for PC or Xbox360

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

www.gamespot.com/news/6177964.html

Ubisoft has told GameSpot that First Radical's sci-fi first-person shooter Haze is now being planned solely for Sony's PlayStation 3 platform.

Originally, Haze was slated as a multiplatform release for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 this spring. However, in May, Ubisoft announced that the PS3 had become the "lead platform" for the title and that the game would be released in November only for the PS3. At that time, Ubisoft noted that "no exclusivity for any platform has been officially announced."

Today, Ubisoft amended its statement, saying that currently only the PS3 version of Free Radical's shooter is in development. The France-based publisher also noted that it was still leaving the door open in the future for "new partnerships," but currently the game is indeed only planned for the PS3. A spokesperson said, "The official statement on PC and Xbox 360 is that these platforms are not confirmed."

The Web sites of both Free Radical and the official Haze site now only list the PS3 version of the game.

Comments

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

Originally posted by Gameloading

Ubisoft has told GameSpot that First Radical's sci-fi first-person shooter Haze is now being planned solely for Sony's PlayStation 3 platform.
    Originally, Haze was slated as a multiplatform release for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 this spring. However, in May, Ubisoft announced that the PS3 had become the "lead platform" for the title and that the game would be released in November only for the PS3. At that time, Ubisoft noted that "no exclusivity for any platform has been officially announced."
    Today, Ubisoft amended its statement, saying that currently only the PS3 version of Free Radical's shooter is in development. The France-based publisher also noted that it was still leaving the door open in the future for "new partnerships," but currently the game is indeed only planned for the PS3. A spokesperson said, "The official statement on PC and Xbox 360 is that these platforms are not confirmed."
    The Web sites of both Free Radical and the official Haze site now only list the PS3 version of the game.

Remember. . .over a year ago, I believe it was. The name of the game was Assassin's Creed. I also think that back then "The official statement on PC and Xbox 360 is that these platforms are not confirmed".

We all found out just how confirmed those games were later. I wouldn't expect this game to be a total exclusive title.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by Gameloading

This bit alone tells me that the PC and Xbox version will  e comming later after they have beta tested it on the PS3 

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I like how you said, "beta tested" on the PS3.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I like how you said, "beta tested" on the PS3.

Yea i know [grins evilly] 

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Speaking of Haze:

www.gametrailers.com/player/24378.html

it seems pretty interesting.

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

I hope Ubisoft enjoys throwing money out windows...