Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolrd of Warcraf community ^^

dhartzdhartz Member Posts: 482

Hey guys i have been kinda thinkin of returning to WoW till WAR is released and i just wanna ask what server has the most mature and helpfull comunity..i know this is a bit much but if there is a pvp server with kinda nice community please let me know..(eu servers).

Comments

• Zynk55Zynk55 Member Posts: 12

I highly doubt you will find a particular server that has a helpful community.  Most of WoW is filled with 1337er than thou punks who wont give you the time of day.  Just pick a server with a decent population and you will likely find some helpful people.  Don't play on Hakkar.

• cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 1,094

WoW community on all servers is just as bad/good as communities in any other game. so just pick a server and have fun.

As with everything, from your braodband connection to buses... 1 bad experience negates 100 good experiences, catching a bus to work for the last 5 months without trouble, then 1 day it does not turn up and boom "buses sux", braodband is working fine for the last 6 months then for a few days you get connection problems and boom "[insert isp] sux".

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Join ether an RP or a PvE server. Mabey RPPvP. PvP servers are where the 1337 kiddies usually go, but it's not as bad as everyone who hasn't played it in 2 years makes it out to be.

• bonobotheorybonobotheory Member UncommonPosts: 1,007

The community is chock-full of smoldering cock-knobs no matter where you look. Pick any server you'd like and join a good guild to insulate yourself from the tard-fest.

• WellWorkerWellWorker Member Posts: 1

PvE Server: Arathor

PvP: Ragnaros  ;)

Good Luck. I'm stopped WoW 3 days ago. Too monoton. Now I'm Playing Lotro & Guild Wars.

• StevenTheRocStevenTheRoc Member Posts: 74

What is the point of these posts? To claim that wow has a worse playerbase then any other game is absurd since every game has just about had the same players in it. Look at EQ2.  Everyone whose played EQ2 or mostly everyone has played wow and were part of the same playerbase they now critisize.  It's insulting to humanity to make these ignorant statements and it makes absolutely no sense what so ever.  I play EQ2, vanguard, wow and of all the games i enjoy wow the most, not because it has the best combat system but because i can actually play it, meaing when i push attack, I attack.  IN vg, eq2 and anything else I just have to time everything right according to latency and its a dog fest that gives you carpal tunnel in the long run. 

But the reason i mentioned i play all these games is beause I have a right to speak up and tell you that the community right now in VG is by far the worst ever. Go into a pvp or pve server and listen to the public channels.  In wow when you call someone a nI*g*r you get banned but in these other games nothing happens and that's why the communities are worse, not beause of the playerbase, since hte same players in wow would say the same crap if they could.

Everyone is human, everyone's iq is between the ranges of 100-200, and everyone has two arms and two legs unless they've lost them some how.  What makes 100,000 people from random places different than another cohort 100,000 people from random places.  Absolutely nothing because the sample is still from planet earth..

JESUS!!!

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by StevenTheRoc

What is the point of these posts? To claim that wow has a worse playerbase then any other game is absurd since every game has just about had the same players in it. Look at EQ2.  Everyone whose played EQ2 or mostly everyone has played wow and were part of the same playerbase they now critisize.  It's insulting to humanity to make these ignorant statements and it makes absolutely no sense what so ever.  I play EQ2, vanguard, wow and of all the games i enjoy wow the most, not because it has the best combat system but because i can actually play it, meaing when i push attack, I attack.  IN vg, eq2 and anything else I just have to time everything right according to latency and its a dog fest that gives you carpal tunnel in the long run. 
    But the reason i mentioned i play all these games is beause I have a right to speak up and tell you that the community right now in VG is by far the worst ever. Go into a pvp or pve server and listen to the public channels.  In wow when you call someone a nI*g*r you get banned but in these other games nothing happens and that's why the communities are worse, not beause of the playerbase, since hte same players in wow would say the same crap if they could.

Everyone is human, everyone's iq is between the ranges of 100-200, and everyone has two arms and two legs unless they've lost them some how.  What makes 100,000 people from random places different than another cohort 100,000 people from random places.  Absolutely nothing because the sample is still from planet earth..

JESUS!!!

What was the point of this?

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

It neatly explains the fallacy of the common (yet misguided) "WoW has a worse community" argument.  I think people are getting 'stagnant' mixed up with 'mature' when comparing communities, or are comparing a PvP server in WoW to an RP server in EQ2.

The community in WoW is pretty much identical to that in other games, I've found.  There's no reason why it would be different.  There's also no greater proportion of kids or lunatics in any of these games.  In EQ2 the PvP servers are full of exactly the kind of chat that people seem to think is synonymous with WoW, but try a WoW RP or even PvE server and things are no different to EQ1 or EQ2.

With my own experience with players, many of whom I've met IRL, all of them in their 20s or older, I take any criticism levied toward WoW's community as a bitter stab at a game that's successful.   I've played the EQ1 and 2 series going on 7 years and this is an old game, and I honestly don't see a difference - other than the fact one game is continuously gaining new players and the others aren't.

People will continue to say this about WoW, especially here, because they don't like it.  However everywhere else in the gaming community has recognized WoW as a cultural phenomena, with mostly only bitter-jaded-burn-out-cases or die-hard fans of other games in disagreement.

Obviously, some people have bad experiences in WoW, but then some people have them in other games.

Human beings are human beings, doesn't matter if you're a Plastic Barbie doll in EQ2 or LOTRO, or a Cartoony character in WoW or a model spaceship in EVE online, they're all games at the end of the day, and the average PC gamer is in their mid 20s. 

If you want to see kids in an online community, check out Xbox live :(

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

What planet do you live on?  The humans of Earth are not a race of clones. You'll find different groups with different attitudes, beliefs and interests here. Your planet sounds boring - you should probably leave. But then again, our Earth-WoW is full of knobgoblins.

WoW was marketed toward a different audience than most other MMORPGs.  That's why it has 8 million players instead of a few hundred thousand, and why the general attitude of the community is noticeably different.  I've noticed more stupidity, leet-speak, and complete wankery in WoW than I have in any other MMORPG. While I can happily converse about anything in the general channels of CoH or EQ2, the players in WoW typically respond with rude, poorly-spelled insults.

• area84area84 Member Posts: 335

Originally posted by Zynk55

I highly doubt you will find a particular server that has a helpful community.  Most of WoW is filled with 1337er than thou punks who wont give you the time of day.  Just pick a server with a decent population and you will likely find some helpful people.  Don't play on Hakkar.
    Um, thats a negative nancy ignore that post.

There are alot of helpful people no matter what server you are, its just a matter of finding them. If you treat others with respect they will treat you the same and it wont be long before you find alot of good folks. In your case its even easier because you are looking to play in EU forums, from what info I have gathered EU community is more helpful and no im not bashing the US servers, I play in US.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

A man dies daily, only to be reborn in the morning, bigger, better and wiser.

-Playing AoC
    -Playing WoW
    -Retired- SWG
    -Retired- EVE
    -Retired- LotR

Computer (- Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.81 Ghz (Quad Core CPU)- Gigabyte MA790FX-DS5 - 4 Gigs of PC 8500 ram (1066)- EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS PCI Express 2.0 - WD 500GB 7500RPM - Zalman CPU cooler (air cooled)
    - 24" Widescreen 1080P HD display).

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

Originally posted by dhartz

Hey guys i have been kinda thinkin of returning to WoW till WAR is released and i just wanna ask what server has the most mature and helpfull comunity..i know this is a bit much but if there is a pvp server with kinda nice community please let me know..(eu servers).

Blood Furnace if it is in EU too.  It's low pop, but to me it has a decent community and it's far from being the lowest popped server.

Just don't play on blackrock, it's full pop and it's filled with retards who think their better then everyone else.  I know all servers are like this but this is definitely the worst one.

• StevenTheRocStevenTheRoc Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by bonobotheory

What planet do you live on?  The humans of Earth are not a race of clones. You'll find different groups with different attitudes, beliefs and interests here. Your planet sounds boring - you should probably leave. But then again, our Earth-WoW is full of knobgoblins.

WoW was marketed toward a different audience than most other MMORPGs.  That's why it has 8 million players instead of a few hundred thousand, and why the general attitude of the community is noticeably different.  I've noticed more stupidity, leet-speak, and complete wankery in WoW than I have in any other MMORPG. While I can happily converse about anything in the general channels of CoH or EQ2, the players in WoW typically respond with rude, poorly-spelled insults.

What exactly do you mean by wow was marketed towards a different audience than most other mmorpgs? How so? Please explain, I mean the advertizements are in the same magazines as they were always and i haven't seen any wow commercials with 14 year olds in it so why would you say that wow is marketed to a different demographic oh say than lineage II or everquest II? Please explain because I played EQII i'm in my mid 20's and I feel that wow is catered to the same demographic. 

• RedmowRedmow Member Posts: 196

I agree with Steven above. I've been gaming for many years and played just about every MMORPG that has come out.

I'm always looking for THE game...where you truly feel unique and can do anything you want as well as go on interesting quests. The closest game that resembled that was SWG for me.

The games I really enjoyed were AC and SWG. But, I also had fun with EVE, EAB, EQ, EQ2 and VG. At the moment I am playing WoW and LOTRO and enjoy them both. Each game comes down to the persons likes and dislikes. No game is for everyone...because everyone is different.

Most of the people on WoW that I have run across have been nice and helpful. I only had 1 incident of some fool following me around in game telling me he is going to bug me all night. A couple screenshots are saved. When I told that idjit I have screenshots, he left me alone and so I didn't report it.

The game is what you make of it....the limitations in the game will make it a little harder for you to enjoy it but it can be done.

What exactly do you mean by wow was marketed towards a different audience than most other mmorpgs? How so? Please explain, I mean the advertizements are in the same magazines as they were always and i haven't seen any wow commercials with 14 year olds in it so why would you say that wow is marketed to a different demographic oh say than lineage II or everquest II? Please explain because I played EQII i'm in my mid 20's and I feel that wow is catered to the same demographic. 
    I'm not talking about age at all. There's a lot more to a target audience than simply age, and a lot more to advertising than just putting people of a certain age into a commercial. Previously, MMORPGs were marketed to a narrow audience - role-playing gamers and hardcore video gamers. I saw more ads for EverQuest in Dragon magazine than anywhere else. World of Warcraft has a TV commercial.That's a pretty big difference.

WoW was marketed as just a video game, to a more mainstream audience.  The bulk of its advertising was on BattleNet, and most of WoW's players have never played another MMORPG, CRPG or any other type of RPG before WoW. You can only get a few hundred thousand subscribers out of the gaming geek market. Widen your target audience like Blizzard did with WoW, and you can get millions. It's not that hard to see, is it?  If you've played both EQ2 and WoW, I'm sure you've noticed how different the communities are from each other.

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

Originally posted by bonobotheory

I'm not talking about age at all. There's a lot more to a target audience than simply age, and a lot more to advertising than just putting people of a certain age into a commercial. Previously, MMORPGs were marketed to a narrow audience - role-playing gamers and hardcore video gamers. I saw more ads for EverQuest in Dragon magazine than anywhere else. World of Warcraft has a TV commercial.That's a pretty big difference.

WoW was marketed as just a video game, to a more mainstream audience.  The bulk of its advertising was on BattleNet, and most of WoW's players have never played another MMORPG, CRPG or any other type of RPG before WoW. You can only get a few hundred thousand subscribers out of the gaming geek market. Widen your target audience like Blizzard did with WoW, and you can get millions. It's not that hard to see, is it?  If you've played both EQ2 and WoW, I'm sure you've noticed how different the communities are from each other.

EQ had a TV commercial, don't you remember "It's time to slay the Dragon"?  I could agree that EQ was marketed as the hardcore RPG experience but only after EQ2 came along, offering a more casual experience, catering to exactly the same demographic as WoW.

And as the quoted poster said, the difference between the communites doesn't really exist.  WoW offers more PvP options which leads to a more competitive environment I guess, that's the only difference.  If you don't think that lunatics and immature folks exist in EQ2, I suggest you spend 5 minutes on Nagafen.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

Originally posted by Recant

And as the quoted poster said, the difference between the communites doesn't really exist.  WoW offers more PvP options which leads to a more competitive environment I guess, that's the only difference.  If you don't think that lunatics and immature folks exist in EQ2, I suggest you spend 5 minutes on Nagafen.
    I'm not saying EQ2 is free from "lunatics and immature folks," but they obviously exist in smaller proportions.   I stopped playing EQ2 to play WoW again, and I really miss the way everybody communicates in complete sentences, and the way pickup groups aren't just bitter shouting matches. WoW is the first MMO where I've witnessed outright harassment of role-players, and where I can still find it any time I care to look for it. I have to clear my ignore list in WoW every two or three days, because it fills up so fast. My ignore list in EQ2 has five people on it, and I've never bothered to remove anyone.

If the community on Nagafen is as bad as a WoW server's community, I'll be giving it a miss, thanks. I've only played on Antonia Bayle and Lucan D'Lere, and the quality of community is far above that of any I've seen on any WoW server.  You're free to explain that difference any way you want. I believe it's because WoW's audience is more of a mainstream audience, whereas the EQ geeks actually know how to play nicely together.

• TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234

Community's can't be good or bad in any game. Find a good guild problem solved.

DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

Originally posted by Trand

Community's can't be good or bad in any game. Find a good guild problem solved.

Guilds are just smaller communities within the larger community.  How can you find a "good guild" if communities can't be good or bad?

• sebbonxsebbonx Member Posts: 318
     You'll find different groups with different attitudes, beliefs and interests here. Your planet sounds boring - you should probably leave. But then again, our Earth-WoW is full of knobgoblins.

Thats funny, the worst community I ever met was in EQ, which encouraged it with 7 day contested spawns pre-PoP, and to think most of the people screaming for pre-PoP EQ1 are the same knobs I hated in EQ1!

If you have any questions please ask. I have moved on to WoW from eq and no longer have any desire to play a dead game. Thank you. (posted by another selling his account in EQ1)

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by Zynk55

I don't get where this comes from. Some people help, some don't. Some people charge exuberant fees, some don't. I always get help when I ask for it.