Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When does the fun come?

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Jackdog

Originally posted by hercules

Originally posted by battleaxe22

Thanks for the advices...I guess I'l give it another whirl tonight,on a euro server.
    To the last poster,it sure damn runs on extreme settings,a little laggy at times in crowded places with full shadows on.Truth is ,I lied a bit since I turn the shadows off in towns :-( ,and the game still runs pretty good .
    My pc again is a Gigabyte Ds3 ,a intel E6600 cpu, 2GB 800mhgz geil and a asus 8800 GTS.

that's pretty much my system, the 6600 is oc'ed to 3.4 and the 8800 is a 640 model and other than shadows I could run with everything at max. Shadows make it crash, same thing happened with my old video card. One of theses days SOE might find that memory leak, then pigs might start to fly also. LOL Anyway you arn't missing that much, the game is dying a slow death anyway, although the fanbois over here will never admit it..

WARNING known LOTRO fanboi who regularly bashes EQ2.Stopping splashing bullcrap .Just go have fun on LOTRO and i am happy for you.

Telling lies about a game simply put is lame as hell.I am currently playing EQ2 with shadows using "gasp" the G8800 gts myself with zero crashing .

I guess everyone on this 22 page thread is lying about crashing also. This is not the first thread on the issue by the way, just the latest one.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?&topic_id=364955

The application ran out of memory errror has been there for well over a year now. If you are not one of the ones affected then fine. I always got it when I would turn up shadows. Most annoying.

LOL not even an issue with the G8800 ,WTG out of point.Its a generic problem that affects a extremely small minority regardless of the card( 7 series affected too)

Newsflash troll every mmorpg has some issues for some people but its way in minority espically when you consider how popular EQ2 is.

I can easily copy and paste problems a minority of gamers are having from LOTRO.Want me to do so?Nope ,ah well i still will.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=49359

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=84980

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213556

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211253

And guess what like EQ2 ,lotro has techincal issues affecting only a small minority.So dragging some post off technical forum which affects a small minority shows nothing about the game.

Rather then sit here and troll how bad EQ2 is ,why not try go to lotro forum and try convince players to stay and wait for it to have something to do post level 45.

EQ2 has an established loyal base already since its 2 years older ,LOTRO has not got to that stage yet.

So you will find no matter how much you lie here ,you will convert NOONE .Go try stop LOTRO losing players and build a loyal base instead!

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Thanks for the advices...I guess I'l give it another whirl tonight,on a euro server.
    To the last poster,it sure damn runs on extreme settings,a little laggy at times in crowded places with full shadows on.Truth is ,I lied a bit since I turn the shadows off in towns :-( ,and the game still runs pretty good .
    My pc again is a Gigabyte Ds3 ,a intel E6600 cpu, 2GB 800mhgz geil and a asus 8800 GTS.

that's pretty much my system, the 6600 is oc'ed to 3.4 and the 8800 is a 640 model and other than shadows I could run with everything at max. Shadows make it crash, same thing happened with my old video card. One of theses days SOE might find that memory leak, then pigs might start to fly also. LOL Anyway you arn't missing that much, the game is dying a slow death anyway, although the fanbois over here will never admit it..

WARNING known LOTRO fanboi who regularly bashes EQ2.Stopping splashing bullcrap .Just go have fun on LOTRO and i am happy for you.

Telling lies about a game simply put is lame as hell.I am currently playing EQ2 with shadows using "gasp" the G8800 gts myself with zero crashing .

I guess everyone on this 22 page thread is lying about crashing also. This is not the first thread on the issue by the way, just the latest one.

The application ran out of memory errror has been there for well over a year now. If you are not one of the ones affected then fine. I always got it when I would turn up shadows. Most annoying.

LOL not even an issue with the G8800 ,WTG out of point.Its a generic problem that affects a extremely small minority regardless of the card( 7 series affected too)

Newsflash troll every mmorpg has some issues for some people but its way in minority espically when you consider how popular EQ2 is.

I can easily copy and paste problems a minority of gamers are having from LOTRO.Want me to do so?Nope ,ah well i still will.

And guess what like EQ2 ,lotro has techincal issues affecting only a small minority.So dragging some post off technical forum which affects a small minority shows nothing about the game.

Rather then sit here and troll how bad EQ2 is ,why not try go to lotro forum and try convince players to stay and wait for it to have something to do post level 45.

EQ2 has an established loyal base already since its 2 years older ,LOTRO has not got to that stage yet.

So you will find no matter how much you lie here ,you will convert NOONE .Go try stop LOTRO losing players and build a loyal base instead!

only ones I see lieing here are the fanbois, EQII has stagnated, only way population is going is down. Like you said a loyal base, just like EQ1, DAoC, and UO still have a loyal base. But as the OP pointed out, the game is not a lot of fun for new players.

I miss DAoC

• AlchemdaAlchemda Member Posts: 179

Are you serious?

I'm a new player to EQ2 as of 4 days ago. I'm having a GREAT time and population is very healthy from what I could see. I tried LOTR and I coulden't even make it past lvl 6 before I was disgusted at the games animations, mechanics and other things.  That is for another day to discuss it, but I'm not on LOTR forum trying to bash the game.

EQ2 Stagnating? prove it

LOTRO NOT stagnating? prove it

Fact is you cant, because when you do, it will either go up or down shortly after you say it for ANY game. This post isn't about EQ2 vs LOTRO, the OP was asking when the fun comes, and instead you two have turned it into a fanboi bashing contest, its pathetic. I'm having more fun at lvl 8 in EQ2 than I have in all the other games in my sig list, YOUR mileage may vary, but that doesn't mean that YOUR experience is THE experience for everyone. He has a genuine concern, looking for MEANINGFUL feedback. You started off well with your first reply, not falling into the traps of generalizing and showing your garish defense tactics, but I digress.

Rise of Kunark is coming out, and apparently alot of old EQ players and some people that have left in the past are thinking of coming back. Will it happen? who knows.

And NO the OP did NOT point out that the game is not fun for new players. He pointed out that HE was not having fun and that HE wanted to know what to do to have fun. Not ALL new players are having a bad time playing the game. He stated just that he was ; and yeah some people may have trouble getting into the game, but thats a fact of life for ALL games. Stop generalizing! You cant have thousands of subscribers to a MMO and not have SOME people not enjoy the game

That could be based on his personal preference on a multitude of things, most notably people have an affinity to like things that slightly resemble what they used to enjoy. It has a sense of familiarity. Others its just a sense of what game mechanics they find enjoyable.

OP: You just may not be down for a game like EQ2, I wasn't at first when I played it back in the day shortly after launch. After trying my hand at many other games recently I'm looking for something a little of the same, a little of something different, but presented differently. I feel EQ2 offers that for me personally, they've updated the game considerably. Honestly I would of done the Play the Fae trial before shelling out 40 bucks.

Bottom line: Try your hand at it some more, nothing but yourself can change your view ultimately. Maybe you just haven't found it yet and you will, or maybe you never will. It seems like you've given it a thorough go round before forming an opinion. Best of luck to ya and I hope you do find what your looking for in EQ2, if not LOTRO has a free trial to test out, you may find what your looking for there... or... you may not

----------------------
    Played (In order of favorite first to least): DAOC, EQ2, EVE, WOW, Vanguard, AC2, City of __, Guild Wars, LOTRO, EQ, Sword of New World, FFXI, Lineage 2, Second Life, DDO, Anarchy Online, RF Online, Archlord, Uru, Ragnarok Online, Shadowbane, Planetside, Auto Assault, Ryzom, Matrix Online, Horizons, Entropia, Sims, Runescape, Lineage 1, AC1, Dungeon Runners

only ones I see lieing here are the fanbois, EQII has stagnated, only way population is going is down. Like you said a loyal base, just like EQ1, DAoC, and UO still have a loyal base. But as the OP pointed out, the game is not a lot of fun for new players.

Says a few while others say its amazing for new players.I can easily pull out on this site alone much more posts about LOTRO been boring  even at this early stage .The famous nothing to do past level 45 litters all lotro forums .

But you know what unlike you i have no ill feeling towards any game.Prove EQ2 is stagnant .It has regular updates everytime .

You like LOTRO fine go play it.Stop coming and talking lies about EQ2 .You achieve nothing by this .Pulling a technical page affecting a few shows jack as you can see i can pull out technical issues from any mmorpg .

• jotulljotull Member Posts: 256

Guys,  no one takes Jackdog seriousley........  SOE raked in 159 million last year in profit  85% of that  was because of subscriptions the vast majority of people paying for there subscriptions are playing EQ II.  That profit ratio is second  only to Blizzard that took in 250 million. Turbine will never get close to either of those numbers, they currently have half  of EQ II's player base for LOTRO, (Around half a million though Turbine won't be specific)

And as always backing my statement up about SOE's profits http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/11/business/worldbusiness/11sony.html?n=Top%2fNews%2fBusiness%

I guess that Jackdog is a "compensated fan" (""  http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/02/10 ) trying to bolster the SOE hate machine. How odd is it that when someone like him shows up on the EvE, LOTRO, or WoW forums they get banned.......on the EQ2 forums no consequences.  The good thing in all of this is he's having zero effect if anything his irrational hate has gotten more people to try the game.

Thanks for bringing us even more people to play with JD...it's very nice of you. 

• iffymackiffymack Member Posts: 376

Originally posted by jotull

Guys,  no one takes Jackdog seriousley........  SOE raked in 159 million last year in profit  85% of that  was because of subscriptions the vast majority of people paying for there subscriptions are playing EQ II.  That profit ratio is second  only to Blizzard that took in 250 million. Turbine will never get close to either of those numbers, they currently have half  of EQ II's player base for LOTRO, (Around half a million though Turbine won't be specific)
    And as always backing my statement up about SOE's profits http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/11/business/worldbusiness/11sony.html?n=Top%2fNews%2fBusiness%
    I guess that Jackdog is a "compensated fan" (""  http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/02/10 ) trying to bolster the SOE hate machine. How odd is it that when someone like him shows up on the EvE, LOTRO, or WoW forums they get banned.......on the EQ2 forums no consequences.  The good thing in all of this is he's having zero effect if anything his irrational hate has gotten more people to try the game.
    Thanks for bringing us even more people to play with JD...it's very nice of you. 

can you paste from that article the part about the vast majority of those subscriptions are coming from everquest 2?Did they actually mention EQ2 specifically?

and what are the sub figures of lotro and everquest 2?

Originally posted by iffymack

can you paste from that article the part about the vast majority of those subscriptions are coming from everquest 2?Did they actually mention EQ2 specifically?

and what are the sub figures of lotro and everquest 2?

The article dosen't  say  EQ II specifiaclly Gary Mcalister  said at the 2007 fanfaire that the majority of the subscription income was from EQ II (Which makes sense it certainly isn't from SWG, or Vangaurd  LOL) SOE hasn't given subscription numbers in years but he did say that EQ II broke the million mark with EoF and those numbers haven't gone down, SOE is very tight lipped about  there sub numbers,  Frank Perko said they would follow that policy even if each of thier games had 20 million subscribers.   the link does validte the profit margin last year. 

As far as LOTRO goes...If you check the LOTRO page I think Patence said the sub numbers were around half a million.

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

eqnext.wikia.com

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

I don't get into commenting on threads like these, because for the most part they are simply a waste of time -- the bottom line is that we should all play the game that we like and have enough common respect for others to let them make their own decisions and play the games they like without endlessly p*ssing in one another's cornflakes.

That said, the one comment I do have is about lore. Having played WOW for more than a year and now EQ2 for nearly one, and being the big "story-geek" that I am I must say that both games have great lore. It is simply that EQ2 makes you work harder for it.

And me? I like that.

Your mileage may vary.

user
    Originally posted by matraque

What about this?

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=87700

Means that folks like to play alts, and there isn't much of an end game so they start over.

Originally posted by Jeff44

I don't get into commenting on threads like these, because for the most part they are simply a waste of time -- the bottom line is that we should all play the game that we like and have enough common respect for others to let them make their own decisions and play the games they like without endlessly p*ssing in one another's cornflakes.
    That said, the one comment I do have is about lore. Having played WOW for more than a year and now EQ2 for nearly one, and being the big "story-geek" that I am I must say that both games have great lore. It is simply that EQ2 makes you work harder for it.
    And me? I like that.
    Your mileage may vary.

Yep you’re right the problem is, there is the phenomena of what I call compensated fans.  You see them (God Knows I have ) on forums like this especially on MMORPG.com (refer to the Penny arcade comic I posted earlier)  and they have been showing  up to the last couple years fanfaires, E-3s,  and even Gen Con;  they hang around the refreshment tables talking to anyone who will listen about How SOE has treated them badly, or how their entire Guild of some astronomical number has left EQ II for game X ...couple hours later you will see them handing  out free Trial disk for WOW, or LOTRO, or whatever the Hell game their marketing company sent them out to shill that day.

The group of five that was sent to this years Fanfaire was quietly and very professionally led to the parking lot by security, One of the developers even made a comment about how he couldn't understand the need for these guy to do this, if EQ II was doing so badly.  (Which brought a roar of laughter from the audience)  The thing is you never see SOE do this kind of sleaze promotion, they will tell you that they could care less about their competition, they are just trying to make the best game they can, and they are glad that EQ II is meeting it's original sales and subscription projections. 

So yes, you are right but a lot of us see the anti-EQ II machine on these forums every day lying about everything  from the population to the game features trying desperately to keep that one person from trying it,  and if you will notice it is almost as they are reading off a script or following a checklist of things they find wrong with the game; many times they will claim to be long time players but have no clue about features such as writs or mentoring.......so many of the EQ II community who is tight knit by nature steps in points this out and tries to set the record straight ..in a perfect world people could just go about their business and play the game they like, but this world has scum like this to contend with.

• LyolasLyolas Member Posts: 59

You clearly did not care for the game. That's fine, to each thier own. I don't agree with your observations but it doesn't matter. If it seems that way to you the answer is simple, uninstall and go play wow or something else "between dungeon runs."

Looking for some way to make it likeable based on not wanting to waste the money already spent is not worthwhile and probably not possible. PC gaming is like this. Sometimes you just don't like something and its money out the window. Wasting more time trying to find some way to like it is just more time wasted.

Bail now and go play whatever it is that you like playing. I can't tell you what that is or how to like EverQuest II when you don't like it.

He who hesitates is lost.

do you honestly think that EQII has a million subs, be real dude. The game never hit even hit 400K at launch and has been going downhill since then and is still on a downward slide.

As far as me being a paid poster, I am still waiting on a check in the mail for my services...and waiting and waiting and waiting ....umm who is supposed to be paying me anyway ? Oh I guess SOE was when I was a EQII fan , and Mythic was when I was a DAoC fan and EA was when I was a UO player. Damn I can't hold a job down can I ? Get a clue dude, I call em like I see em and to heck with  fanboys who kiss the compaies butts.

Not only that but you are really insulting  the forum posters here to imply that they would ever buy or try a game based on my subjective opinions.  People do the trial, if they have fun., meet people and are not  frustrated they buy the package. If at the end of the thirty days they decise they like it they subscribe and continue until they stop having fun. Real simple isn't it?

I miss DAoC

do you honestly think that EQII has a million subs, be real dude. The game never hit even hit 400K at launch and has been going downhill since then and is still on a downward slide.

As far as me being a paid poster, I am still waiting on a check in the mail for my services...and waiting and waiting and waiting ....umm who is supposed to be paying me anyway ? Oh I guess SOE was when I was a EQII fan , and Mythic was when I was a DAoC fan and EA was when I was a UO player. Damn I can't hold a job down can I ? Get a clue dude, I call em like I see em and to heck with  fanboys who kiss the compaies butts.

Not only that but you are really insulting  the forum posters here to imply that they would ever buy or try a game based on my subjective opinions. Here is another clue spanky boy.  People do the trial, if they have fun., meet people and are not  frustrated they buy the package. If at the end of the thirty days they decise they like it they subscribe and continue until they stop having fun. Real simple isn't it?

Neither can you dispprove his claims or have even the slightest evidence the game has been on a decline .

Now for SoE to rake in $159m last year means it must be coming from somewhere.Remember this is from SoE alone not sony other products.

I am dead sure this is not from planetside as last night i calculated at prime time on werner we were only 1.2k at best.Its not from SWG which has really gone down and is empty.EQ1 while holding some loyals is not at its former glory at all.And we all know this is not MxO.Vanguard would not even come into the equation as it would not have been calculated yet due to its recent release .

So where from?You can discredit some sites like sirbruce and other 1 man shows that purely guess but not nytimes !

• methulahmethulah Member Posts: 236

I hope the OP found himself a good guild who can support him. I find that the early game is the most boring. The game got good for me at around level twelve, when I could get groups for things like The Caves, WC, then later Fallen Gate and Stormhold. From there, it just gets better. with Ruins of Varsoon, Runnyeye and CT being highlights.

Point is, if you like grouping, or feel EQ2 has plenty of potential at the moment, you're probably the right person for it. You need a good guild, some people who are willing to teach you a little about the game, and then try to find yourself a group.

Yeah, some people will be bastards about it, but  chances are, or at least, I've seen, that most people will be nice, and if you get a bad group, make an excuse, disband, camp for ten minutes, and sign back in, and try to find another one. Sometimes it can be tough, but most of the time, it shouldn't take more than fifteen minutes to find a gorup that suits you. If you want to find a group without any trouble whatsoever, I recommend you play a guardian. They always get snapped up really quickly, especially from levels 40-60.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy the game. If you want me, I'm on Najena, character name Ethendil, I'd be glad to help you out.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111
    Originally posted by methulah

I hope the OP found himself a good guild who can support him. I find that the early game is the most boring. The game got good for me at around level twelve, when I could get groups for things like The Caves, WC, then later Fallen Gate and Stormhold. From there, it just gets better. with Ruins of Varsoon, Runnyeye and CT being highlights.
    Point is, if you like grouping, or feel EQ2 has plenty of potential at the moment, you're probably the right person for it. You need a good guild, some people who are willing to teach you a little about the game, and then try to find yourself a group.
    Yeah, some people will be bastards about it, but  chances are, or at least, I've seen, that most people will be nice, and if you get a bad group, make an excuse, disband, camp for ten minutes, and sign back in, and try to find another one. Sometimes it can be tough, but most of the time, it shouldn't take more than fifteen minutes to find a gorup that suits you. If you want to find a group without any trouble whatsoever, I recommend you play a guardian. They always get snapped up really quickly, especially from levels 40-60.
     Good luck, I hope you enjoy the game. If you want me, I'm on Najena, character name Ethendil, I'd be glad to help you out.

So you don't recommend EQ2 for anyone who likes to solo. I agree. EQ2 is forced group oriented.

Originally posted by Samuraisword

Originally posted by methulah

So you don't recommend EQ2 for anyone who likes to solo. I agree. EQ2 is forced group oriented.

Not true, you can solo your way to 70 in EQ2... you might have uninteresting content, but it's possible.

eqnext.wikia.com

Neither can you dispprove his claims or have even the slightest evidence the game has been on a decline .

Now for SoE to rake in $159m last year means it must be coming from somewhere.Remember this is from SoE alone not sony other products.
    I am dead sure this is not from planetside as last night i calculated at prime time on werner we were only 1.2k at best.Its not from SWG which has really gone down and is empty.EQ1 while holding some loyals is not at its former glory at all.And we all know this is not MxO.Vanguard would not even come into the equation as it would not have been calculated yet due to its recent release .
    So where from?You can discredit some sites like sirbruce and other 1 man shows that purely guess but not nytimes !

You want to quotre the NY Times, yeah right. They publish whatever numbers SOE gives em, get real man. SOE is posing and puffing it's chest, everyone knows thay have been less than truthfull more than once in the past, I doubt they suddenly found religeon.

Now to go by Sirbruces numbers well he had EQII at max at around 350K. In fact all industry estimates place EQII at a peak of around 350K - 375 K in January of 05, they also place it less than 175K in January of this year. Myself, I would bet that EQII is down to less than 150K now, LoTRO knocked a big chunk out. I would also bet a beverage of choice by this time next year it will have less than 100K.

I miss DAoC

You want to quotre the NY Times, yeah right. They publish whatever numbers SOE gives em, get real man. SOE is posing and puffing it's chest, everyone knows thay have been less than truthfull more than once in the past, I doubt they suddenly found religeon.

Now to go by Sirbruces numbers well he had EQII at max at around 350K. In fact all industry estimates place EQII at a peak of around 350K - 375 K in January of 05, they also place it less than 175K in January of this year. Myself, I would bet that EQII is down to less than 150K now, LoTRO knocked a big chunk out. I would also bet a beverage of choice by this time next year it will have less than 100K.

And LOTRO numbers aren't tricked out?  Thats what you are sayin right?  4 million characters is a perfectly legitimate way to say how popular LOTRO is?  That makes em the 2nd largest MMO... yep, that is what they are saying... LMAO

eqnext.wikia.com

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

I just hope that Sarnaks are a truly unique race, in terms of animation.  That's one of the big let downs of EQ2; all of the different races have exactly the same animations.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• LyolasLyolas Member Posts: 59

I would not be surprised if the original EverQuest remains a bigger slice of the revenue pie than people give it credit for. They still run a large number of servers with fairly decent populations, regardless of how many happen to be bots, alts or whatever. They are nonetheless paying subs.

EverQuest II is not in decline by all reports by any means. Journalistic feedback has been very positive since Echoes of Faydwer and so has player feedback been positive overall. I think SOE did a fine job in taking customer feedback to heart and making this game a lot better than it was at launch which was not exactly terrible to begin with.

Because of this I am inclined to hope they do a similar job of fixing with Vanguard both in terms of technical problems and design decisions that need to be rethought in 2007/2008.

As far as I know few companies publish sub numbers so all discussion there is at best conjecture. I don't see SOE's better games going anywhere. You don't have to be the market leader to turn a profit. There can be only one of those. But there can also be plenty of other companies producing titles that also entertain people and make money.

I don't know why people fight so much over this stuff, often with imagined information. Who cares? Don't like it? Don't play it. Simple. Love something else, great. Play that. Enjoy.

Can't we all just get along? lol

He who hesitates is lost.

Shows how much you know about buisness mate .Sorry expected better from you.Like all those in the money  industry know quoting false profit margins will incur you a very very hefty fine.Its very illegal and no government in a developed country stands for it.

So even implying that Sony will allow a small division(yes SoE is small potatoes in sony empire) would risk such a fine is in fact so laughable i wonder if you are actually serious or just let the troll in you take over common sense.Seriously i am suprised you even posted that.But then again i suppose you lack any knowledge in this matter.Go read up what sort of massive fines companies that posted lies about profit marigins  got and see.If sony wanted to lie it would lie about its whole empire not some small section ,simply not worth the risk

All the rest of your post is purely what you imagine.LOTRO knocking chunk off EQ2 or whatever .Base less statement.

Now about sirbruce .Firstly his site lost touch long ago and even his last update(which even had a year's gap) he admitted on this very forum(go search for his post) that he lacked much accuracy anymore.Even at that sirbruce never really had any evidence to back his claim ever.

So taking sirbruce of mmorpgchart.com over NYtimes is like asking the local barber to take your appendix over a doctor.

So taking sirbruce of mmorpgchart.com over NYtimes is like asking the local barber to take your appendix over a doctor.
    Oh yeah I always rely on the NY Times for my game info LOL. That reporter knows only what SOE's PR gurus tell him , and that is a fact. SOE is still proclaiming Vanguard to be a hit so so much for their credibility. Here is another link to a industru anylist , of course you won't believe himn either because his data shows the game to be in a steep decline also.

mmogdata.voig.com/

Quick question though. Why would anyonereally want to play EQII anymore? It is really old news. Does not offer a darn thing except a top heavy community and that's about it. The game pretty much fizzed at launch na djustr been in decline for the last couple of years, now you want to claim it is busting at the seams? Give people a break, just cause we are gamers does not mean we will swallow that shit.

I miss DAoC

• edmonaledmonal Member Posts: 188

Ok, I have crashed...maybe 8 or 10 times in 2 years. I get massive lag in Neriak, Qeynos Harbor and East Freeport. That's it and this is on  4 different computer setups. It doesn't work well on Vista, but then nothing seems to work well on Vista.

There are issues with the game. On Najena I have found it painful to find groups in the 55-65 range, probably because I'm an illusionist and it's a class that SOE has caused massive confusion on that character's role in the game (Crowd control? We don't need no stinkin' crowd control!) The end game is very raid heavy, but at least with the persistent raid zones you don't have to clear the area in one run. The combat isn't great, I think WoW has a better combat system, but I like VSOH combat system even better. Some classes are more fun than others, but that depends on the player. I really like the Defiler class, for instance...but it's painful to solo them.

What I really like about the game is the dev team, they are making substantial improvements to the game with every Live Update. Scott Hartsman seems to really like the game and is providing some really good direction.

This game isn't for everyone, but it does have enough in it to appeal to a large group of people. I have tried LOTRO, but didn't like the character classes or the combat and much prefer EQ2. I really think the character classes really don't get defined until at least lvl 20 (results of the original archetype design) and by the time you hit 30 the classes really start to shine. If you are looking for something different in MMOs this game isn't it, but it is a well constructed game.

Well it's been amusing to watch JD continue to lie and read from his marketing script..... But as I said no one tales him seriously. The NY Times are liars!!! SOE are liars!!  mmorpgdata that has no way to empirically prove their numbers are telling the truth!!!!  Seriously guy seek help,  you may also want to stop shilling for LOTRO, I don’t think your type of fan was what they hoped for when they were designing the game. Me,? I’ll continue to enjoy this very popular growing game.

This discussion has been closed.